Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    yellow and blue Guest

Re: Bruce and Holt still diving then ?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by UK Ramfan 83 View Post
    1. Why do people complain? = For the reasons I have already given.

2. There is always a defender right there = Not a very good play I would suggest then

3. I doubt they will put the defender on their butt and run for another 10yds = It would be nice to see them occasionaly try to. Not all DB's are that big.

Whatever next? Steven Jackson, wearing his red 'no contact' jersey during a game?!?!
    Thus, you are at home on Sundays & they are in uniform playing in the NFL.

UK Ramfan 83 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by yellow and blue View Post
    Thus, you are at home on Sundays & they are in uniform playing in the NFL.

Errr..... what is the relevence of that?!?! None I would suggest regarding the actual topic in hand. I have never expressed a desire to play in the NFL!!??

It's this simple; The receivers on my team that play a contact sport dive.....And I don't like it. Again (*sigh*) for the reasons I have already given......End (or 'period' as you say)

(And, If you really like, I have played the game myself. Four seasons in a semi-professional league in the UK. www.gridironuk.co.uk I played WR and SS.. I was also invited to try out for the Scottish Claymores of the NFL Europe league a few years back around 2003..)

So I 'DO' know what it's like to get nailed over the middle, and I know what it's like 'TO' nail someone over the middle. No it's not the NFL, but getting hit/hitting someone is still....getting hit/hitting someone whatever the level of play. (With obvious like for like standard of the athlete(s) who take part)

I just think the diving receiver is 'soft' play and always will. Some agree some don't.
    Doesn't stop me supporting the Rams...

:r
    Last edited by UK Ramfan 83; -11-23-2007 at 05:45 AM. Reason: grammer

Guam rammer is offline Registered User

I used to complain about the dive but came to realize they get their mojo from precise route running and good hands. If they change now and start to absord vicious hits, the routes up the middle will change and those good hands will be no more. As long as they move the chains and line up for another catch i'm good with that cuz whenever one of these guys go down, the passing game isnt quite the same.

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

I see no problem with finesse. If the Rams would have kept playing finesse instead of listening to BOZO complainers, the GSOT would still be here and racking up more points than the Patsys could ever wish for.

This offense wasn't built for rough nose, body pounding, bone crushing, punch you in the mouth plays. It was built to score points! Ever since those comments got out there and people cared the demise started.

I wish for the days of 1999-2001.
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123