Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    RamWraith is offline Registered User

Bruce loses a helmet after postgame show

Monday, October 11, 2004

SEATTLE -- Isaac Bruce, the 11-year veteran receiver for the St. Louis Rams, got the full attention of the Seattle Seahawks secondary -- after the game.

While his teammates celebrated the Rams' 33-27 overtime victory near midfield, Bruce walked toward the south end zone, placed his helmet symbolically on the 10-yard line and pointed to the crowd.

After a brief discussion with fans, Bruce turned, leaving his helmet on the 10 as if to say, "It's our house now."

A beer bottle flew from the stands, landing at about the 2. A few cups followed.

Then Seattle safety Ken Hamlin came over and kicked the helmet and had words with Bruce, who had left the game minutes earlier with a concussion.

"Don't ask about that," said Hamlin, when asked about it.

More drops: Koren Robinson's problem with dropped passes continued. With 1:06 left in the first half, Robinson was wide open down the right sideline but dropped a perfectly placed pass, his sixth of the season.

It didn't cost the Seahawks, though, as Matt Hasselbeck hit Darrell Jackson two plays later for a touchdown to give Seattle its 24-7 halftime lead.

Robinson dropped another near the end of the third quarter, after the Rams had closed to 24-10, on a second and 10 play that would have earned Seattle a first down. The Seahawks were forced to punt.

Robinson then went to the sideline and played catch with third-string quarterback Seneca Wallace, exaggerating the catch-then-tuck motion.

Rare score: Jeff Wilkins' 39-yard field goal with 56 seconds left in the third quarter is the only score the Seahawks have given up this season in the first or third quarter.

-- John Hunt

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Bruce loses a helmet after postgame show

It seems as if Hamlin would like to pretend that if the Seahawks won in the Ed, none of their players would be doing anything remotely similar to what Bruce did.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

DJRamFan is offline Registered User

I'm not happy with what Bruce did. He's usually a class act and this could come back to bite us in the end. And, no doubt, Seattle may do something when they fly into the Ed.
    DJRamFan
    ClanRam Fantasy Football Commissioner
    2003 & 2004 ClanRam Cup Champion

ClanRam

LONG LIVE MIKE MARTZ

NFL Champions: 1945, 1951
    NFC Champions: 1979, 1999, 2001
    Division Champions: 1945, 1949-1951, 1955, 1967, 1969, 1973-1979, 1985, 1999, 2001, 2003

Super Bowl XXXIV Champions

ZigZagRam is offline Registered User

Ken Hamlin and that ****y Seattle secondary were dancing around like idiots all game long. You'd think they've never made a play in the NFL before. Looks like we've got the last laugh.

evil disco man is offline Pro Bowl Ram

I get the feeling that Ike Bruce and Ken Hamlin don't like each other too much...

Oooh, way to throw in the previous game reference, Disco. I'd forgotten all about that.

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

I like this, move over ******, there's a new rivalry in the NFC West.
    IMO, Seattle hasn't won ****, and has to earn respect.

Nice job BRUUUUUUUUUUUCE ! :ramlogo:
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

PTHOR is offline Registered User

The way I see it, if Bruce did it , then it was warranted ! As mentioned above, "He is a class act" We don't know what goes on at the bottom of the pile, the "Preacher" does! GO FOR IT IKE !!!

moklerman is offline Registered User

I love Issac Bruce but this was just classless. You make your statements while playing the game. This is no better than TO and his Dallas star crap in my opinion. This is a really surprising move by Bruce but very poor taste just the same.

Who was it that dared to wake up the Niners oh, so many years ago? Was it Holohan? Somebody help me out here. I know it was a fiery, white guy, wr/te/h-back. The Rams were playing the Niners, during the infamous 17 game streak, this guy had just scored a td to put the Rams ahead...EARLY in the game, then he started punching the Niners logo on the goal post padding. It seemed to wake up the Niners who proceede to rip us a new earhole.

Act like you've won a game before Bruce. There's plenty of room for enthusiasm but this is bush league.
    Last edited by moklerman; -10-12-2004 at 03:57 PM. Reason: left something out

RamTime Guest

It was Kichen not holohan. My girlfriend and I were at that game. It was warrented because Ken Norton punched the goal post while playing the Rams. Thank you Todd and thenk you Ike.

moklerman is offline Registered User

Todd Kinchen! I don't know why I couldn't remember his name but you're right...about his name anyway. I strongly disagree with you about it being "right" for him to do what he did.

First, just because Norton did it doesn't mean that a Ram should do it back. There's a reason all of us hate the Niner's isn't there? It's because they have no class. From Norton to Terrel Owens. Classless mooks that I would hate to have on the Rams no matter how great a player they might be.

Second, the Rams were BIG underdogs to the salary-cap cheating Niners. The last thing the Rams wanted to do back then was get into a pissing contest with them. Kinchen's display motivated the Niners more than it did the Rams and we got our butts kicked again.

PandaRam is offline Registered User

Everyone up here where I live (Vancouver, BC) loves the Seahawks, and they all say that their gonna win the NFC West this year. As one of the hawks fans put it... "There's a new Sheriff in town". They all act so ****y... even though we won the NFC West division last year, aswell as 3 out of the last 5 times. What Seattle fans have to realize is.. that the title is ours to lose, and as Bruce put it "Were still the NFC West Champs!, You aint won nuttin yet!" Bruce is just shutting up all those ****y seattle fans (and doing a damn good job of it!) I say... GOOD JOB BRUCE!
    :ramlogo: GO RAMS GO! I'm saying Loud and Proud up here in Vancouver B.C, Canada (just north of Seattle) This city is Hawks town rite now... but im workin hard to make it Pro-Rams! :ramlogo:

RealRam is offline Registered User

Fiery reverend

Bruce may have "lost a helmet" :smile: ...but he sure earns my renewed respect and admiration!

Quote Originally Posted by moklerman
    This is no better than TO and his Dallas star crap in my opinion.
    TO's stunts rank as worse, IMO, because they have occurred during the game. This thing by Bruce was post-game celebration. The game had already concluded. Had he done it while the game was still going on, I'd have a problem with it. But I don't see anything wrong in some post-game celebrations. Just my two cents.

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Call me simple, but I like it. I like Bruce showing a bit of attitude for the Seattle fans.

Bruce is having a great season so far.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast