Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RamOfDenmark is offline Registered User

Bruce needs to stay next year

We need Bruce on this team. I will seriously lose all confidence in the front office if they let Bruce walk because of some roster bonus money and put Bennett in his place next year. Bruce showed again last night that he's still got it, he looked sharp especially on the TD and the sideline catch that got reviewed (I knew right away he was in, in those situations Holt and Bruce can always be counted on).

Simply put Isaac Bruce even at his current age is flat out a better receiver than anyone else on this team (apart from Torry Holt) - Bennett is not ready to take over for Bruce, not this year and not next year either. Isaac Bruce is also part of the heart and soul of this team and should retire a Ram. In a time like this what we absolutely do not need to do is throw overboard one of our most dependable players - but even if you don't care about all that Bruce is also just the better player.

He needs to stay, the front office must do the right thing.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Re: Bruce needs to stay next year

Quote Originally Posted by RamOfDenmark View Post
    They should and IMO they will.

Milan is offline Registered User

Bennett is not a #2 WR. He gets the ball in his direction, what 4 times a game? And still manages to drop at least one easy one per.

Bruce is reliable, he's conditioned, he plays like he's 30 and not 35.

BigGameMN is offline Registered User

Let me paint a picture. Bruce is let go and signs with another team. 4 games into the season we are 0-4, Bruce is having a productive year with his new team and Bennett is just as horrible as he's been this year. Ram fans looking at the team, seeing Linehan and Bennett there and Bruce gone, well that is the kind of thing that drives away a fan permanently. That is when a fan concludes the FO is so clueless that they might as well find a new team. It simply cannot be allowed to happen.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Thumbs down Re: Bruce needs to stay next year

One way or another, please ... whatever it takes (F.O. etc.), may Sir Isaac remain the Dean of Ram WRs for another year or two.

Thanks Denmark, Mike, Milan, BGMN et al. :bash:

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

We need Bruce on this team. I will seriously lose all confidence in the front office if they let Bruce walk because of some roster bonus money and put Bennett in his place next year. Bruce showed again last night that he's still got it, he looked sharp especially on the TD and the sideline catch that got reviewed (I knew right away he was in, in those situations Holt and Bruce can always be counted on).

Simply put Isaac Bruce even at his current age is flat out a better receiver than anyone else on this team (apart from Torry Holt) - Bennett is not ready to take over for Bruce, not this year and not next year either. Isaac Bruce is also part of the heart and soul of this team and should retire a Ram. In a time like this what we absolutely do not need to do is throw overboard one of our most dependable players - but even if you don't care about all that Bruce is also just the better player.

The guy can still play, and it's not like we have anyone good enough to replace him. So we need to keep him, not just because he is Bruce the last original LA Ram or because he's an icon etc, etc, but because he is still good.

Well said Denmark, and I hope the F.O. does the right thing.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

I agree. I'd want Bruce back for sentimental reasons, but even from a practical standpoint, he's still one of our best two receivers.

denverram is offline Registered User

Isaac Bruce needs to stay a Ram as long as he wants. Bennett is obviously not even a third WR. I personally think that Dane Looker is more reliable. On that pick Friday Thursday night that went for a TD Bennet quit on the route. I do not know if he understands that in that situation you must get to the ball.!!!

I miss Kevin Curtis.

By the wat I do not see how anyone could doubt Bruce after Thursday night.

RAM-BO is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by BigGameMN View Post
    Let me paint a picture. Bruce is let go and signs with another team. 4 games into the season we are 0-4, Bruce is having a productive year with his new team and Bennett is just as horrible as he's been this year. Ram fans looking at the team, seeing Linehan and Bennett there and Bruce gone, well that is the kind of thing that drives away a fan permanently. That is when a fan concludes the FO is so clueless that they might as well find a new team. It simply cannot be allowed to happen.
    You seem to be quite the nostradamus BG, you seem to know everything that's going to happen. And if you can't tell the future, you are basing your arguments on wacky predictions that may or may not happen.

Dwight Frye is offline Registered User

Agree 100%. The thought of Bruce retiring somewhere else is enough to make me question MY loyalty. Ike is the MAN. Past, present AND future!
    Wait about 2-3 more years and we can get HIM to be the new OC!

Keenum is offline Registered User

Bruce played great Thursday night. I think he's still got a LOT left in him.

CanadianRamsFan is offline Registered User

Agree, it would be foolish to let Bruce walk, Bennett has been underwhelming to say the least. IMO Bruce will be a lot cheaper then any other #2 WR we could sign in the off-season.

Milan is offline Registered User

I'm preparing for one of three things next year:

1. Bruce in a Rams Jersey
    2. Bruce Retired
    3. Bruce in a Lions Jersey

Keenum is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Milan View Post
    I'm preparing for one of three things next year:

1. Bruce in a Rams Jersey
    2. Bruce Retired
    3. Bruce in a Lions Jersey
    I'm pretty sure Bruce won't retire unless he suffers a bad injury in the last game.

Bruce did joke about if the Rams didn't bring him back then he would just to play for Mike Martz. Then in a more serious interview, he said he expected to be back.
    Common front office, Bruce has EARNED this spot, and he is still a VERY GOOD player.
    What would be weird is if the Cards had to release Fitzgerald and they went after Bruce. Warner may get a shot at starting for them again next year... Warner to Bruce part 2? lol

BigGameMN is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RAM-BO View Post
    You seem to be quite the nostradamus BG, you seem to know everything that's going to happen. And if you can't tell the future, you are basing your arguments on wacky predictions that may or may not happen.
    I never predicted anything, just proposed a scenario that could very well happen. Everybody that posts on a message board uses speculation from time to time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast