Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Bruce released

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Re: Bruce released

One thing is certain...

Drew Bennett better have a big year or he could end up being the most hated Ram of all time.

moklerman is offline Registered User

Okay, my brief enjoyment of the Rams has once again disappeared. Those who think this is "just" a business move and the Rams have to move on are...well, stupid. Bruce just restructured his deal a year ago to help the team and what did that deliver? 3-13. Now, the team wants him to take another paycut when he was one of the only guys on offense to perform at a decent level, comparable to his career numbers?

I'd be pissed if I was Bruce. They paid Bennett a boatload of money to replace Bruce and Bruce took a cut and still outperformed his replacement. By almost double!

Screw the Rams and screw Chip and Shaw. They can rot in hell for forcing me to wait yet again for the stain of Georgia to finally disappear. I hope Bruce signs with the ***** or Cardinals and shoves it right up the Rams' keester.

Who wants to be that that Bruce puts up better numbers somewhere else than Bennett does for the Rams?

Rambos is offline Registered User

I thought this was going to happen but I'm ok with it, Rice, Montana, and many more wanted to play forever. If Bruce wanted to finish as a Ram he should have taken the 3 mil. I hope he does not go to the whinner I will lose some respect. I have a TON for him so I will always thank Bruce for the good times and the SB winning catch. Just say not to the whinners got to zona or the hags...

Keenum is offline Registered User

Now was this Bruce that declined, or his agent? I know JaMarcus Russell was having this trouble when signing, and it turned out his agent was I believe trying to get more money than Russell was asking for or something, and Russell was really getting ticked because he was missing the playing time (preseason).

But I don't know how much we would have saved by cutting Bennett over Bruce, redoing Bruce's contract, etc...

This could be good news for Marques Hagans, the WR who looked really good when given shots last year.

general counsel is offline Registered User

THe bottom line is that we just cut isaac bruce over 2 million dollars. That is less than 2% of the cap. That is insanity after everything he has done for the team.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

ScottD413 is offline Registered User

I have NEVER been so angry at the Rams front office. This man has stuck with us through thick and thin and we completely screwed him. This makes me sick! What a classless act by our front office! WTF is going on with this team?? This is rediculous!

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post
    THe bottom line is that we just cut isaac bruce over 2 million dollars. That is less than 2% of the cap. That is insanity after everything he has done for the team.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    Wow I didn't think of that. it is terrible. and as a few posts above say, Bruce's pathetic replacement didn't do squat for us. Reconstruct Bennet to 10 bucks a year and resign Bruce.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

NFL.com's official: Rams waive Bruce, Frerotte

Rams waive WR Bruce, QB Frerotte
    St. Louis Rams

ST. LOUIS -- The St. Louis Rams announced today that they have waived wide receiver Isaac Bruce and quarterback Gus Frerotte as they await the start of free agency tomorrow.

Bruce played 14 seasons with the Rams and caught 942 passes for 14,109 yards and 84 touchdowns. Frerotte, who also has played 14 seasons, played in nine games with three starts since joining the Rams in 2006.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

moklerman is offline Registered User

The best part is, the Rams will sign some 2nd round guy for the same money that will be total crap...just like they always do.

As much as I used to love the Rams, I really don't know why anymore.

For those that point to the ***** cutting guys like Rice and Montana as evidence of this being alright, I call horse poop. Just because other teams are classless and have no sense of loyalty and fan reaction doesn't mean I hold the Rams to that same, low standard.

There are certain players that you don't **** around with. Bruce IS a Ram and shouldn't be treated like some special teams hack that's getting overpaid.
    Last edited by Nick; -02-28-2008 at 09:32 PM. Reason: Rule #1: No profanity, including misspelled words

Re: NFL.com's official: Rams waive Bruce, Frerotte

Quote Originally Posted by Varg6 View Post
    Rams waive WR Bruce, QB Frerotte
    St. Louis Rams

ST. LOUIS -- The St. Louis Rams announced today that they have waived wide receiver Isaac Bruce and quarterback Gus Frerotte as they await the start of free agency tomorrow.

Bruce played 14 seasons with the Rams and caught 942 passes for 14,109 yards and 84 touchdowns. Frerotte, who also has played 14 seasons, played in nine games with three starts since joining the Rams in 2006.
    Sad how we cut a guy who has accomplished so much.

Quote Originally Posted by moklerman View Post
    The best part is, the Rams will sign some 2nd round guy for the same money that will be total crap...just like they always do.

As much as I used to love the Rams, I really don't know why anymore.

For those that point to the ***** cutting guys like Rice and Montana as evidence of this being alright, I call horse poop. Just because other teams are classless and have no sense of loyalty and fan reaction doesn't mean I hold the Rams to that same, low standard.

There are certain players that you don't fvck around with. Bruce IS a Ram and shouldn't be treated like some special teams hack that's getting overpaid.
    EXACTLY!!! We need to keep him a Ram. He's started his career here, and has accomplished so freaking much in our uniform.

I know we'll do exactly that. Sign a new guy for the same price of Bruce. I know it.

prof22693 is offline Registered User

Re: Bruce released per Bernie

Quote Originally Posted by Mooselini View Post
    It's unfortunate that Bruce wouldnt reconstruct...how greedy.
    It's also unfortunate that the team probably won't pursue him to resign. A dumb move it was. John Clayton was just on ESPN, and he said he was a bit surprised.

This is so stupid, when trying to rebuild a team, we have created a question mark and another whole. It wasn't over much money, and it's not like we are going to splash in this year's puddle of FA talent. C'mon, do some people honestly believe Marques Hagans or Derek Stanley are the next Issac Bruce? OK lets get Bernard BErrian for more money. Not to take anything from Bernard, I think he's great, but you can't replace Issac Bruce like this, we aren't drafting a WR in round one. ANd also because of this, I wouldn't be surprised, if we didn't get Berrian, that we drafted a WR in round two when we should go after an O-linemen. If Issac played another season here, he would easily be #2 in yardage to Rice. Issac is so talented, we are going to get crap to "develop". All this "rebuilding" stuff is driving me nuts. Why throw away the next 3 years, then replace Torry Holt, Orlando Pace, and Marc Bulger. NOw thats what I call competitive (note my sarcasm).

If Isaac isn't resigned, there is no way I want him with the Niners, Seahags, and NO the Cards either. Speaking of which, what's the word on Boldin? But then again, we won't be spending that kind of money, I'm just curious.
    Last edited by prof22693; -02-28-2008 at 08:55 PM.

ramsbruce is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    I have to agree with GC, 2 million more isn't that much for what Bruce has done for us. If he couldn't still play I would maybe understand it, but he can still play. This years free agent crop isn't that great anyways so if we are going to throw money out the window we should be giving it to Bruce instead. There may be another *wink wink* deal where Bruce will re-sign with us like he did 2 years ago so I will wait to see what happens.
    BRUUUUUUUUUUUCE

Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce View Post
    I have to agree with GC, 2 million more isn't that much for what Bruce has done for us. If he couldn't still play I would maybe understand it, but he can still play. This years free agent crop isn't that great anyways so if we are going to throw money out the window we should be giving it to Bruce instead. There may be another *wink wink* deal where Bruce will re-sign with us like he did 2 years ago so I will wait to see what happens.
    Dont we find out march 1st? If any day?

Keenum is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce View Post
    That's what I'm hoping for.
    I won't start to get mad until I find out the Rams will not try to sign him back.

LinkBacks (?)

1. -03-03-2008, 02:27 PM
  2. -03-03-2008, 10:04 AM
  3. -03-03-2008, 05:53 AM
  4. -03-03-2008, 12:18 AM
  5. -03-02-2008, 08:21 PM
  6. -03-02-2008, 11:23 AM
  7. -03-02-2008, 09:53 AM
  8. -03-02-2008, 08:47 AM
  9. -03-02-2008, 08:22 AM
  10. -03-02-2008, 07:35 AM
  11. -03-02-2008, 07:29 AM