Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    bruce4life is offline Registered User

bruce4life's predictions in free agency for the rams...

Our rams will not do much of anything this offseason but look at teams like the giants and the packers they didnt do much last offseason either...
    Here are a couple of players I believe the rams could be picking up in the offseason:
    Devery Henderson Wr Saints-

this guy has tremendous speed and talent that the saints could not tap into.Like donte stallworth a couple of years ago, this guy could take off next year with some new scenery.

Ryan Lilja OG Colts-

WE need quality guards on this team enough said.

Kris Jenkins DT Panthers-

we almost got this deal done last year, he is on the block yet again this year and the price tag went down for him. A 4th round in my opinion could get him this year. THE PANTHERS SIMPLY DO NOT WANT HIM THIS YEAR...

WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK OF THESE PLAYER??? ONE TRADE, ONE BIG SIGNING, AND ONE DEPTH SIGNING... ITS NOT MUCH BUT THE RAMS WOULD BE ADDRESSING SOME KEY HOLES WHILE NOT GOING BROKE DOING IT

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Re: bruce4life's predictions in free agency for the rams...

Quote Originally Posted by bruce4life View Post
    Our rams will not do much of anything this offseason but look at teams like the giants and the packers they didnt do much last offseason either...
    Here are a couple of players I believe the rams could be picking up in the offseason:

Devery Henderson Wr Saints - this guy has tremendous speed and talent that the saints could not tap into.Like donte stallworth a couple of years ago, this guy could take off next year with some new scenery.
    Huh? The Saints couldn't tap into what? Henderson can't catch. He was so bad last season they benched him for a while because of his drops in favor of Lance Moore. Wait Lance who? No thanks on Henderson.

No thanks on Kris Jenkins. I didn't want him last year and I surely don't want him this year.

Lilja if the price is right.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

Ramer is offline Registered User

I would love if we picked up Ryan Lilja, OG (Colts). This would be a great addition to our offense. I also wouldn't mind picking up Kris Jenkins, DT (Panthers). I was upset when we didn't get this deal done last year. I'm with you a 4th round in my opinion could get him this year.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

That's a good point about the Packers and Giants last off-season. They weren't great in 2006 (although 8-8 isn't nearly as bad as our 3-13 this year), but much of their improvement came from players already on the roster.

Lilja would be a good pickup. I don't know about Henderson. The price would have to be right because at best he'd be a no.3 receiver on our roster, and I think the team would still like to give Bennett another chance. Would we be better off drafting a speed receiver? Hypothetically, I could go for a Jenkins as long as we're talking about a day 2 pick. Defensive tackle isn't the need it once was for us, but we could still use an upgrade. I don't really expect it to happen, though.

renrawtruk is offline Registered User

Since we don't have a lot of cap space, etc... I started thinking that if there is one area we might be able to get away with gambling on the current talent, perhaps it's the offensive line. We really thought we had good depth at the end of 2006, but everyone got hurt in '07. Perhaps we just need to head into next year with all these guys healthy? (how many are signed?)

Then try to pick up a CB, DE and WR in FA or the draft.

39thebeast is offline Registered User

Wow i can't believe Kris Jenkins talk is re-surging once again. I personally don't want him, hes to fat and lazy. I have questions about all those guys. Colts guards usually aren't successful when they leave the Colts system. Devery Henderson's hands are questionable to say the least, but maybe if he is coached up by Saunders who is one of the best WR coach's in the league he can do some damage here

Chris58 is offline Registered User

At 29 Jenkins should be coming into his own, not falling out of grace with the Panthers. If he was really performing well, the Panthers wouldn't be so disinterested in re-signing him.

As for Henderson, isn't he on the same team as Colston who had a great year? Certainly the same Saint coaches that made Colston a stud are the same coaches that couldn't get Henderson to perform. I say pass on him. Pun intended.

Lilja would be worth pursuing since our OL is such a big question mark for next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris58 View Post
    At 29 Jenkins should be coming into his own, not falling out of grace with the Panthers. If he was really performing well, the Panthers wouldn't be so disinterested in re-signing him.

As for Henderson, isn't he on the same team as Colston who had a great year? Certainly the same Saint coaches that made Colston a stud are the same coaches that couldn't get Henderson to perform. I say pass on him. Pun intended.

Lilja would be worth pursuing since our OL is such a big question mark for next season.
    Right, Jenkins can't even beat out Damione Lewis so why do we want him.

Exactly, Colston had a great rookie year and then improved on that last year so like you said coaching wasn't the issue. It's pretty bad when Henderson gets benched for dropping balls. No thanks.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

bruce4life is offline Registered User

You guys can say the same about Donte Stallworth, he did nothing with the saints, then get traded to the eagles and blows up... Henderson could do the same

Mooselini is offline Registered User

You guys can say the same about Donte Stallworth, he did nothing with the saints, then get traded to the eagles and blows up... Henderson could do the same
    Very true. Anything can happen. Look at Furrey, he did much better in Detroit than he did here.

I would love to see Lilja on our squad, he would be a great starter. Jenkins I don't know about though...

No actually I can't say the same about Stallworth because he can catch and Henderson can't.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce View Post
    Right, Jenkins can't even beat out Damione Lewis so why do we want him.
    And yet despite the Panthers' displeasure with Jenkins, they still started him pretty much all season. As I understand it, the Panthers take exception with Jenkins' attitude, not his play on the field. Maybe he's lazy or maybe his relationship has just soured with team officials, but he can still play the run and the pass well. This wouldn't be my biggest priority for the off-season, but it's worth finding out what their asking price really would be.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenfleece View Post
    And yet despite the Panthers' displeasure with Jenkins, they still started him pretty much all season. As I understand it, the Panthers take exception with Jenkins' attitude, not his play on the field. Maybe he's lazy or maybe his relationship has just soured with team officials, but he can still play the run and the pass well. This wouldn't be my biggest priority for the off-season, but it's worth finding out what their asking price really would be.
    My bad, I remembered talk of Lewis starting over Jenkins, but it appears that Jenkins started and Lewis rotated in. What choice did they have though, they might as well play him. They still weren't a very good defensive line.

Carolina was in the middle of the pack for points per game given up, rushing yards given up, passing yards given up, and second last in the league in getting sacks. So Jenkins wasn't playing the run or pass that well. I think we have bigger needs than an average to below average DT who may or may not be lazy.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

39thebeast is offline Registered User

we don't need players like Jenkins in this new regime. What we we really need is high character guys who still are excellent players. Thats one of the reasons i am all for drafting Chris Long.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

From what I've read the Panthers are just about ready to cut Jenkins anyway. I'd think they'll listen to trade offers until the end of the month but when it comes time to get some cap room for the Free Agent splurge, he'll be on the street.

I'd be happy to grab any one of the Colts offensive line, but make sure that he can gel well with the other guys on the line. The Colts have tremendous teamwork and work ethic so that they can work out any kinks. We don't quite have that here, but if Lilja wants to bring it with him, I'll be even more for it.

As for Henderson, yes he has great speed, and we need a burner, but speed is not everything. Look at Ashley "stone hands" Lelie. He had one season where he caught bombs from Jake Plummer and had over 20 ypc, and then he was covered long the next year, left Denver and went to Atlanta I believe. He sucked there, and then I laughed myself silly as he got another good contract from the whiners, where he did nothing again, and they have nothing at receiver! If Henderson proves he can catch balls from Bulger then sign him, but I want to see that workout first.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast