RamWraith is offline Registered User

Bruce's Blog -- Perseverance

submitted by Isaac Bruce
    Posted: September 03, 2007

Troy Brown intrigues me. Here is a person with three (3) Super Bowl rings, which means he's been to the pinnacle i.e. the mountaintop at least three times and brought home the prize. It's a feat in which every National Football League player past and present has played this game. Troy is entering his 15th season with the New England Patriots. He is an integral part of the once again favored Patriots. He can do it all: punt returner, wide receiver, and line up as a gunner on the punt team. I even raised up out of my stance to find my safety and corner and you guessed it, it was Troy Brown playing corner. Troy is very well known, not just in the New England part of the country, but also around the league for his blue collar play. Troy's STORY is much more intriguing than his glory that he now possesses. You see, Troy was released by the Patriots early in his career. Again, this past weekend NFL rosters had to be trimmed to their final fifty-three man rosters, which means guys lost their jobs not their dreams. Why do I admire Mr. Troy Brown? Well it's not only because we share the same number, but his ability to thrive in a cut throat business and he always gives more than is asked of him. There are many who get caught in the numbers game or are placed on that so-called "waiting list", but they never quit and never give up (a slogan that I've added to my daily meditation).

I will not be defeated and will not quit.

This note is to get fans ready for the upcoming regular season in the NFL. Don't just be a fan to your team, but become family. My definition of family: We praise, we don't complain; we encourage and edify as opposed to tearing down. We win together; we lose together from September to January. Troy's story is much more interesting than his glory. Remember, your words are the most powerful thing in the universe, so walk by faith and not by sight.

P.S. This my MVP season.

Isaac Bruce

mikhal5569 is offline Registered User

Re: Bruce's Blog -- Perseverance

Quote Originally Posted by RamWraith View Post
    submitted by Isaac Bruce

This note is to get fans ready for the upcoming regular season in the NFL. Don't just be a fan to your team, but become family. My definition of family: We praise, we don't complain; we encourage and edify as opposed to tearing down. We win together; we lose together from September to January. Troy's story is much more interesting than his glory. Remember, your words are the most powerful thing in the universe, so walk by faith and not by sight.

P.S. This my MVP season.

Isaac Bruce
    Well said my friend. My faith in the Rams this year is "unbreakable." Even if I may be looking threw kool aide rose colored glasses right now.

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

P.S. This my MVP season.
    I guess he's planning on carrying the load this season? That would be great to see him get the MVP.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Troy Brown has certainly worked his way around a lot of obstacles. This season he's on the regular season pup list (out for the 1st 6 games) yet another hurdle for him to clear.

It's awesome to me that IKE and the rest of the NFL not only recognize Troy's determination thay are impressed by it.

We could use a guy like that.

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

I liked the part about encouragement and edification. We need some of that around here too, especially if things go base over apex mid-season and some of us start agitating for a new coach..............
    Last edited by Fat Pang; -09-04-2007 at 09:17 PM. Reason: "If"

RamWraith is offline Registered User

It sounds like Ike is really focused this season and has a lot of goals in mind. You got to love his heart!! Glad he has been with us so many years...a true ambassador to the game!!

ramsanddodgers is online now Registered User

One would really have to try to NOT like this guy.

Seems to have a good head on his shoulders, is the ultimate professional, and has his priorities in place.

Kinda sounds like a QB the Rams used to employ in the not so distant past...

Too bad these kind of guys are not promoted more, but then if it isn't alarmist it isn't news....
    RnD

GO RAMS!!