Thread: bryce fischer

general counsel is offline Registered User

bryce fischer

Talk about the balance of life. The hawks signed wistrom, who they overpaid massively for and has done very little for them. Meanwhile, bryce fischer has been one of the great bargains in recent memory.

Its so hard to find pass rush in the nfl, and yet fischer, coming off a great season for the rams, didnt find a lot in the way of takers in free agency, let alone for big money. He may have given the hawks a home team discount in the end, but still, they got him dirt cheap based on the production they have gotten and will continue to get from him.

This one really hurt us, if you look at what happened when hargrove failed to develop, even with leonard back from "sabbatical", we have no consistent pass rush from the other side and havent had it in two years since fischer left.

I think the loss of fischer ranks #3 in rams defensive losses over the last several years. #1 of course has to be fletch, followed by dre bly and then fischer. Realistically, fischer was the one guy out of those three that we had a realistic chance to keep and we didnt take a real run at it. The book is still out on ryan pickett so i dont include him on this list, in large part because at this moment, kennedy is really stepping up and glover has done ok.

I miss sunshine nick, but thats more spiritual and special teams related.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

majorram is offline Registered User

Re: bryce fischer

well he certainly got past Pace with his Bull rushes!!

steve:l
    "The breakfast Club"