Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bulger Bashers!

GROUND DOG 39 is offline Registered User

Bulger Bashers!

Ive got to admit, my patience is beggining to wear a bit thin but come on, like it or not, he is our starting QB. How many other QB's in his position would have flourished = NONE, ZIP, NADA.
    KURT WARNER, CARSON PALMER, DAVID CARR, all were abysmal. Similar scenario's.
    So if you want to vent any anger out from now till opening day, aim it where its more deserved - The defensive players, it seems to me like Bulger become a scapegoat for a lot of the pathetic football played.
    If we do lose Bulger anytime soon, I think a lot of people could be in for a rude awakening!
    HE IS IN THE TOP TIER OF NFL qb'S, ONE DAY PEOPLE WILL COME TO REALIZE THIS.

P.S I just wish he could make play's with his feet, that would have solved everything?
    Last edited by GROUND DOG 39; -05-24-2009 at 09:02 AM.

Dominating D is offline Registered User

Re: Bulger Bashers!

Quote Originally Posted by GROUND DOG 39 View Post
    Ive got to admit, my patience is beggining to wear a bit thin but come on, like it or not, he is our starting QB. How many other QB's in his position would have flourished = NONE, ZIP, NADA.
    KURT WARNER, CARSON PALMER, DAVID CARR, all were abysmal. Similar scenario's.
    So if you want to vent any anger out from now till opening day, aim it where its more deserved - The defensive players, it seems to me like Bulger become a scapegoat for a lot of the pathetic football played.
    If we do lose Bulger anytime soon, I think a lot of people could be in for a rude awakening!

P.S I just wish he could make play's with his feet, that would have solved everything?
    I am not a Bulger basher and I do not plan to make excuses for him. Bottom line Bulger and the Rams did not get the job done. In fact as the season went on it seemed to get worse?

Sure you can blame the sky was falling or Bulger had no line or running game. How about blame the young rookies or maybe you should BLAME PRESIDENT BUSH. All I know is blaming other is what VICTIMS do and I hope to GOD that the Rams players are man enough to step and make changes including Bulger.

Victim menatlity and BLAME = 2 win seasons.

GO RAMS
    Last edited by Dominating D; -05-24-2009 at 12:58 PM.

dgr828 is offline Registered User

Welcome to the CLAN, GD39!
    Marc Bulger always gets it from both sides. I guess I'm concidered a Bulger basher, I've been pretty critical of his play over the last few years. It's a funny thing though, No one would know it, but he's also my favorite player. When Marshall retired I switched my Avatar from his photo to Marc Bulger's.
    It has really become a joke here at the Clan when discussing the pros and cons of Marc Bulger. Some are ready to kill if one bad word is said about Bulger.
    "Bulger SUX!" is usually my response to threads such as these that seem to try to pit Clan Brotheren against one another. Those who are for Bulger and those who are against Bulger. The arguments both for and against Bulger have been spun over a million times, in over a hundred threads started about the Rams QB.
    One things for sure he is The Rams starting quarterback.
    Those of us who don't like it should show a little more patience, with a new HC, OC, a healthy JAX, and frontline help maybe Marc Bulger can return to prominince for the Rams.
    Those who concider themselves "Bulger apologists" should not overreact when Marc Bulger receives the slightest bit of criticism.
    When the topic turns to Bulger, it gets pretty chippy in here!
    This is a new year! 2009!
    AS RAMS Fans lets try and PARTY LIKE ITS 1999!!!!
    LET'S GO BULGER! LET'S GO RAMS!
    Last edited by dgr828; -05-25-2009 at 12:10 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

BarronWade is offline Registered User

OMG how may similar Bulger posts are going to have?

Didn't AV Ram just post something addressing all the Bulger bashers?

If Bulger were anything near a top tier Qb than we would not have to make any excuses. Just stop it! Blame the OL all you want. and you brought up the defense as a excuse? okay why dont you go and explain that. Also Warner did good last year.

Instead of claiming he is a top tier QB why dont wait till December than judge that. The guy has taken so many hits the past couple of years; he has alot of wear and tear.

My opinion of Bulger is he is only good if the talent around him is great. So dont expect a Chad pennington (Phins did not have great WR or a top notch OL), or a Matt Ryan (he good young WRs but his OL was not Great but it was solid).

So let me ask you a question What has Bulger done for us lately??

Spags has come out and said Bulger is doing well. But what do you expect in May? Coaches always say this type of stuff.

mikhal5569 is offline Registered User

Marc Bulger is taking the brunt of the blame because he is a easy target. Too many football fans think that all a team needs to be successful is players that go around screaming like idiots and tough guys who beat their chests. While in reality, football is an extremely intellectual game that relies on match ups and strategy. If you stop to look at the coaches the Rams have had the past few years, it should be very easy to see why the teams record has been so poor. Bulger is a fine accurate QB capable of making all the tough throws. Now, that he has a legiament offenisve line in front of him you will see a world of difference in the running game, which will in turn effect bulger. Which in turn will even make the Rams defense look a lot better. Don't worry gentlemen, better days are ahead for our team. But, once agan just for the record, Bulger has been far from being this teams problem.

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

Firstly, I don't even know why I feel compelled to respond to this, but I wholeheartedly disagree.

And secondly, I'd be satisfied if he'd make plays period.

BobCarl is offline Registered User

Bash Bulger with one click of your mouse..

http://www.bobcarl.com/silly/hello4.html

BarronWade is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by mikhal5569 View Post
    Marc Bulger is taking the brunt of the blame because he is a easy target. Too many football fans think that all a team needs to be successful is players that go around screaming like idiots and tough guys who beat their chests. While in reality, football is an extremely intellectual game that relies on match ups and strategy. If you stop to look at the coaches the Rams have had the past few years, it should be very easy to see why the teams record has been so poor. Bulger is a fine accurate QB capable of making all the tough throws. Now, that he has a legiament offenisve line in front of him you will see a world of difference in the running game, which will in turn effect bulger. Which in turn will even make the Rams defense look a lot better. Don't worry gentlemen, better days are ahead for our team. But, once agan just for the record, Bulger has been far from being this teams problem.
    A QB is like a 2nd coach. If the team wins the QB get praised so much just look at both mannings and Brady.

A better example is Donavann Mcnabb this season remember in the middle of the season when the Eagles started losing everyone blamed Mcnabb when at that time his WRs were dropping passes and Westbrook was not getting much on the ground (he was good on screens). But then when they started winning everyone praised McNabb as a top 5 QB.

QBs also get paid alot. So a QB should be held accountable for alot too.

Right now we are at the bottom of the league so Bulger is not considered at top tier QB. But when we start winning bulger will get praised.

Ramer is offline Registered User

When Bulger had an OL he was a top 5 QB. You take any of the current top 5 QB's in the league today, behind the OL we had over the past 3 years and they would have done just as bad. Watch this year, Bulger will be back to the Bulger we knew! GO RAMS!!!
    Last edited by Ramer; -05-25-2009 at 09:16 PM.

realchamp11 is offline Registered User

michael vick can

:1:PLAY EVER SNAP LIKE IT YOUR LAST!!!:1:

Guam rammer is offline Registered User

Lets see what he can do with a vamped line and a ball control system. Jax will certainly pound the ball freeing up some pass routes and i'm eager to see if he can still throw that beautiful long ball to our young but speedy receivers.

RebelYell is offline Registered User

There is a saying: Players are either progressing or regressing.

I haven't seen any signs of progression in his play for several years but I've seen plenty of obvious evidence of regression. Sorry but it is highly unlikely Bulger will still be on this team when it finally turns the corner.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by RebelYell View Post
    There is a saying: Players are either progressing or regressing.
    Can't say I've ever heard that "saying."

Even if there was such a "saying," that would not necessarily mean that every career follows a bell curve of ascent followed by descent. A career can be marked by peaks and valleys that alternate over time.

unorthodox1999 is offline Registered User

Bulger basher or not, he better produce this year whether its with a good line or without..

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Can't say I've ever heard that "saying."

Even if there was such a "saying," that would not necessarily mean that every career follows a bell curve of ascent followed by descent. A career can be marked by peaks and valleys that alternate over time.
    EX: Kurt Warner

GO RAMS!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast