Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    moklerman is offline Registered User

Re: Bulger Becomes a Leader

There's a lot of luck that goes into a Super Bowl run. Specifically, health related. I really like the chances of the Rams having a winning record if they all stay healthy but I don't expect it at this point.

Pace is a huge cog in the wheel of potential success and I'm not expecting anything out of him until he actually plays a few games. His first injury could be considered a fluke but to repeat it the very next time he got on the field means it could be chronic.

The QB situation is actually not a worry at all at this point as long as either Bulger or Green are healthy. Even Gradkowski should be an upgrade. I think the Rams would have a chance with any of the three since they're all starting caliber. Perhaps not .44 caliber but a .22 is a lot better than some of the broken slingshots and pea-shooters that the Rams have had in recent years.

WR concerns me a little but I think there's going to be a huge shift in focus of the offense anyway so it might not be that big of a deal. I really doubt the previous need for a ton of depth at WR will be necessary and might actually help the team in the long run. Instead of 6+ receivers there might be a little room for special teams depth and defensive depth. A foreign concept in St. Louis but it would be something to consider.

Ram Dragoon is online now Registered User

Yelling in itself isn't leadership--but passion does inspire. Favre projects a passion and joy for the game... P. Manning also projects passion for the game. Bulger always seems cool and calculating but devoid that on the field presents.

Question is can Bulger, become a dynamic personallity

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

I just think that you don't get to be a starting quarterback in the NFL without having a semblance of leadership skill. Whilst he might not be the most effusive guy out there, that's fine by me because you have to time your interventions with people who you expect to follow you on gameday.

Best time, best place.

I'd rather have a guy who thinks about his position on the team and his role in it than a guy who spouts off regularly fully illustrating the hackneyed cliche of a 'vocal leader'. We don't really know what's said behind closed doors and I'd go so far as to say that when Bulger did go publicly 'vocal' he made a mistake with something that was best voiced behind a locker-room door.

I have confidence in our quarterback position and am hopeful that this season can represent redemption for more than a few of the guys we've seen in 'Wraith's pics.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Dragoon View Post
    Yelling in itself isn't leadership--but passion does inspire. Favre projects a passion and joy for the game... P. Manning also projects passion for the game. Bulger always seems cool and calculating but devoid ... on the field...

Question is, can Bulger become a dynamic personality

Good question Dragoon!

Yes, I think so, I think Marc can be a (somewhat) dynamic QB / leader. Maybe because I want to believe that MB knows he's got to take charge and be that leader. I agree that his personality sometimes gets in the way as overly stoical but with last year's pain still fresh in the minds of fans, media, and the players themselves, Bulger will have to vindicate the core of the cause.

With Saunders and a healthier group of warriors, Bulger will go into this season more confident and in control.

Knock on Rams horns.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12