View Poll Results: Who would you start for the rest of the season?

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bulger

26 42.62%
  • Boller

26 42.62%
  • Noll

9 14.75%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Bulger, Boller or Noll

If all 3 are 100% healthy who would you start for the rest of the season? Why?

Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User

Re: Bulger, Boller or Noll

Who's Noll? Is he behind Null?

kidding aside id want Bulger in there for the rest of the year, He gives us the greatest chance of winning IMO....even though weve lost 13 straight. I don't see Boller doing better and id love to see Null play, but i wouldnt throw him in until later in the season with less pressure on him and not as the starter, just 2nd half for experience and see what hes got.

Id actually like to see Null play this week. dont know why im so excited about him but i am.

Ahmedrams81 is offline Registered User

I want to see Keith Null start for us. Lets be real guys, we have no shot at the playoffs this year. We already know what Bulger and Boller are capable of, lets see what young talent we have on the bench. We need to evaluate if we can trust Null for the future, or if we need to draft a franchise QB.

bigredman is offline Registered User

The premise that all three are 100% healthy takes the reality out of this. Nevertheless, I voted Boller.

1. Bulger continually gets hurt due to the constant pounding he gets since he is first and foremost a stationary pocket passer and our offensive line sucks. His repeated coming in and out of the lineup hurts any consistancy we can hope to achieve with our offense.

2. Boller has NFL experience and is mobile. Given more reps with the first unit during the week leading up to each game can only improve his play and is our best option given the state of our offensive line.

3. Putting Null out there sends the wrong message to the team. You NEVER give up on the season as a coach and say "Heck with it, play the rookies, we're playing for next year". You think this team sucks now, do that to your veterans and the atmosphere that would create in the locker room would be counter-productive and eliminate any real evaluation of play on the field. If Null gets in due to injury to Bulger and Boller, fine, but it would be fatal to put him in with Bulger and Boller healthy.
    Last edited by bigredman; -10-02-2009 at 11:40 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

I wouldnt start any one QB for the entire rest of the season..but id like to see Boller get a run with the team as i think these days Bulger is like Pennington (before the injury) they both are accurate but neither has the ability to make something out of "nothing"..i see Boller as more of a gunslinger who could possibly win us games that we shouldnt..sure he`s gonna give away more INTs than Bulger will.but he could possibly give us more TD`s... i think we could only win say 2 or 3 games max with Bulger and then that would probably be through the work of other players..in particular Jackson and our D.
    Boller is more up and down..with his downs being lower than Bulger but i also think at this stage of their careers Boller`s ups are higher than Bulger`s ups.

Bulger is the better QB but Boller gives us more chance of winning with the other parts that both QB`s would play with. our O-line is improving but i dont think they have improved enough to have a QB with Bulgers lack of mobility sitting in the pocket.
    id like to see Null start atleast one game before the season is out tho,just so we can see what we got to work with there in the future...hopefully with a couple of wins already under our belt.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Boller. Only because behind this line, you need some mobility. That's the only reason I would start Boller over Bulger.

39thebeast is offline Registered User

Bulger, most experienced most accurate. If we are going to continue to play small ball and not go down the field and opt for short passes and expect the receivers to get some YAC he gives us the best chance

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

Unless you want to see Bulger continue to get pounded I go with Boller. I agree with Big Red, Boller's mobility might be a game changer. This will add another dimension and perhaps open up a decent running game, which in turn will get a receiver or two open occasionally.
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

RamOfDenmark is offline Registered User

Boller. He gives us the best chance to win right now all things considered. We have lost 13 straight games, we HAVE to stop the bleeding. I cannot stomach going 0-4, 0-5 and so on waiting all year to see if we hit 0-16 and match the Lions in futility. It's making me sick.

I don't think Boller is a very good QB, I would even hesitate to call him better than Bulger at this point. But I still think he gives us the best chance to win right now, considering the O-line & receivers that we have, maybe (probably) Bulger would be better with a great O-line and Bruce & Holt to throw to, but that's not what we have right now. Give Boller a handful of starts now and see what he makes of it - if he's no better than Bulger then by all means let's reconsider again in a month.

I just don't think Bulger should be the automatic starter when he has shown us nothing for 3 years.

viper is offline Registered User

I had to go with Boller, as well. I'm a Bulger supporter. But, with the offensive lines that we've had over the last few years he is not the same QB. With a better OL I'd go with Bulger. Unfortunately, that is not the case. Bulger needs a change of scenery. Then, I think he'll get back to form.

Boller provided a spark that I would like to see continue. His scrambling ability, age and fresh perspective has me giving him the nod. Working with the first team this week just may help him to be more consistent.

We can all pretty much predict what the game will look like with Bulger in there. We've seen it every week for almost two seasons now. Different games...same result.

IT'S TIME FOR A CHANGE!!!!

GO RAMS!!!!

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

Jeff Garcia
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Ahmedrams81 View Post
    I want to see Keith Null start for us. Lets be real guys, we have no shot at the playoffs this year. We already know what Bulger and Boller are capable of, lets see what young talent we have on the bench. We need to evaluate if we can trust Null for the future, or if we need to draft a franchise QB.
    Or we could recognize that Null's ceiling is "career backup", draft a franchise QB, and skip the part where he is decapitated by a linebacker in Week 12.

EDIT-

On second thought, can I change my vote to "Direct snap to Steven Jackson?"

Quote Originally Posted by McKnight View Post
    oh yeah, Because if you're not a top pick in the draft you can't become succesful in the NFL. you would think us Rams fans of all people would learn that you can't judge a Player when we haven't even seen him play yet. I bet alot of people thought kurt warner was a career backup, and guess what.. those same people are kicking themselves now because kurt is a HOF QB, while most of those coaches that passed on him are either no longer coaching, or coaching college kids. we do not know that Keith is a career Backup, I really believe that he is more than that.
    Point 1. Kurt Warner is many things, including a NFL MVP and a Super Bowl MVP. A Hall of Famer he isn't. He wasn't good enough long enough to make the cut.
    2. Kurt Warner had years of experience playing in a very fast professional football league that trained him to run a precision offense prior to 1999. Null is fresh out of the much less demanding NCAA Division II.
    3. Most NFL starters were taken in earlier rounds than Null was, and those that didn't spent their rookie years at the least riding the pine.
    4. Not one starting NFL QB is from NCAA Division II. Indeed, the only QB in the league who has played at this level of football (or worse) is Jon Kitna. It is logical to assume that Null is at this low level because of a talent deficit, especially given the tendency of I-AA to overlook discipline and grades in the name of talent.
    5. On the subject of coaches, Ryan Leaf imparted his knowledge of QBing onto Null during most of Null's collegiate career. That's really not a confidence builder in my book.

--------------------------------------
    Being a career backup isn't a bad thing in the NFL. It still means you are among the 70 best quarterbacks (give or take) in the game. Not every player taken in a draft is expected to start outside of injury in their career; backups need to be added too. However, we should not confuse that backup with a possible franchise QB. Null is not the future of this franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by McKnight View Post
    wow.. I do not agree with that at all. Kurt is going to be in the HOF. are you really telling me that there is not a starting QB in the NFL right now that wasn't in D2? please tell me that you're joking.

1. Kurt warner- Northern Iowa D2
    2. Joe Flacco- Delaware D2
    3. Tony Romo- Eastern Illinois D2

sorry if I sound mean, But I'm really into this right now. lol stats and player info is my thing.
    They are NCAA Division I FCS AKA I-AA. Null played a division below that.

molar_pistol is offline Registered User

bulger's the superior quarterback, and i'm going to go with that guy over a guy with legs and no accuracy every time. i'd love to see bulger and boller both get their chances and run a 2-qb system to keep the d unbalanced. with our lack of playmakers at wr (especially with robinson done for the year) teams will keep a spy over the middle watching boller, so he won't be able to make those big plays with his feet like he did a few times against green bay, and his accuracy is beyond questionable, but still he is a little more versatile and would be a nice change-up to throw out there occasionally. it's way too soon to say anything about null, he could be the real deal some day but he has done nothing to show that he is anything but a student right now.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast