Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bulger or Bust?

TheRammer Guest

Bulger or Bust?

Let me start off from a quote from VegasRam which is truely factual:

"We yap and yap and yap about all our other problems, and while that's valid, it's amazing how a good QB reduces their significance. Look at the Packers the other nite. Played like crap, (175 yards in penalties alone), but won with what I consider an excellent QB, against a good D.

I like Bulger a lot, and think he's a good QB. Make that was. He flat doesn't have it anymore for whatever reason - mental and/or physical.

The Colts floundered for years, until guess what? Same with Dallas. Same with Arizona. Same with Pittsburgh. Same with the Saints. Same with the Giants. Same with the Chargers. Same with Seattle. Same with the Pats. Same with Denver in reverse.

It starts and ends with the QB, and we need one NOW!"

Now i know some of you are absolute Bulger fans and would love to sniff his Jock if he gave you the chance (not naming any names ;-) But it seems like some of you are so blindly following him that it doesn't matter how or what he does you support him and anybody else who doesn't support him you get mad at them and have a two year old fit. Others of you will say this topic has been beat to death, thanks for your opinion then don't comment on this thread there are others who want our voices heard....

This is exactly how I feel about Bulger which is a good quote "I think Bulger is a good guy and he puts up a lot of effort and he plays hurt, but he also misses easy throws and does not seem motivated to move the chains at times. I like seeing other QBs in there right now, just for a change."

I like Bulger personally and he had some great seasons with us but whether it is Physical or Mental/Confidence problems he has now I don't think he can get the job done for us anymore as a starter.He has taking a hell of a beating the last couple of years from our crappy line and He's kinda like a boxer who gets knocked out and rocked for the first time and is never the same again like he was in his prime. We have about one more yea rleft maybe with Bulger as our QB and I'd like to see him mentor a QB we get in the draft for a year before he leaves and I don't think it makes much sense to get rid of him after this season with all the dead money that will be involved of just letting him go after the saeson but who knows..... ownership has gotten rid of all veterens on the team and he may be next...
    Last edited by TheRammer; -12-10-2009 at 12:51 AM.

molar_pistol is offline Registered User

Re: Bulger or Bust?

did you mean to post this 6 months ago?

i think everyone is aware that the qb situation needs to change.

MB10HOF is offline Registered User

First off, let me say you do make some valid points. Some. Marc Bulger is at worse (this year due to injury and playcalling) an above average quarterback in this league. Don't make me show you his career stats. Did Warner have "it" with New York? Does Cutler have "it" in Chicago. Nope, and in Chicago they want to build the team around him. So.........why not here??? Get Marc a real number one/two receiver, a little help at the line and we are saying hello superbowl forty-five/six.
    MB10 still has everything needed to qualify for having "it".

B onified leader
    U nder pressure he's cool
    L aser arm
    G amer
    E normous potential
    R adar like accuracy

I hate to insult some people on here's fanhood, but before MB10 went down, were you watching the St. Louis Rams? I'd guess not by some of your ridiculous accusations. He doesn't have it anymore. What?? Last time I checked, Mach-Ten still "has it". Remember, like any qb with potential...

"GIVE'EM A LINE AND THE'LL BE FINE"
    We still support you Marc!

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

No one is denying that we need a new QB after this season. But before Bulger went down this year tons of people were calling for Boller to be starting, but some fans insisted that we stick with Bulger. Fact is, the Bulger supporters were right, and Bulger did give us the best shot at winning a game (mainly because he doesnt turn the ball over as much)

One thing im not opposed to, if we do pick a rookie QB, is having Bulger back for a few games to sit and have the rookie learn. But thats only if there is not a better short term veteran option on the market.

TheRammer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by MB10HOF View Post
    First off, let me say you do make some valid points. Some. Marc Bulger is at worse (this year due to injury and playcalling) an above average quarterback in this league. Don't make me show you his career stats. Did Warner have "it" with New York? Does Cutler have "it" in Chicago. Nope, and in Chicago they want to build the team around him. So.........why not here??? Get Marc a real number one/two receiver, a little help at the line and we are saying hello superbowl forty-five/six.
    MB10 still has everything needed to qualify for having "it".

B onified leader
    U nder pressure he's cool
    L aser arm
    G amer
    E normous potential
    R adar like accuracy

I hate to insult some people on here's fanhood, but before MB10 went down, were you watching the St. Louis Rams? I'd guess not by some of your ridiculous accusations. He doesn't have it anymore. What?? Last time I checked, Mach-Ten still "has it". Remember, like any qb with potential...

"GIVE'EM A LINE AND THE'LL BE FINE"
    We still support you Marc!
    B usted up
    U gly quarterbacking
    L oses often
    G reat pick there buddy!
    E veryone let's get to duck hunting with that ball I just threw up
    R einstate Warner!!

is what you meant lol

RebelYell is offline Registered User

Usually when a franchise QB arrives at a party, he arrives later than everyone else because that's the way he rolls. If he arrives early, he usually bows out early and goes home before the party really gets going. Just sayin.

Pretty much on all those examples provided, the party was primed when the QB arrived with the hookers and blow.

01d 0rd3r is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by TheRammer View Post
    R einstate Warner!!
    I have a feeling if Marc "the bulge" Bulger had come after tony banks, we would be voting him into the HOF by this point.

By the way rebel when did i miss the hookers and blow?

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Wow...some guys just keep beating the dead horse around here don't they?

We KNOW that the QB situation has to change. We are absolutely aware of it.

But why do you keep bringing up this thread? We know a QB change is going to occur in the near future, much sooner than later. But, lets see what our QB's have done so far this year.

Remember, Bulger had a very good game against New Orleans, where he actually outplayed potential MVP Drew Brees. I think the guy still has it...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Devaney, if you care about this team... fire the offensive coordinator!!!!

TheRammer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RebelYell View Post
    Usually when a franchise QB arrives at a party, he arrives later than everyone else because that's the way he rolls. If he arrives early, he usually bows out early and goes home before the party really gets going. Just sayin.

Pretty much on all those examples provided, the party was primed when the QB arrived with the hookers and blow.
    LMAO Dam I should of went to school to be a QB not a academic scholarship

TheRammer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by 01d 0rd3r View Post
    I have a feeling if Marc "the bulge" Bulger had come after tony banks, we would be voting him into the HOF by this point.

By the way rebel when did i miss the hookers and blow?
    AMEN TO THAT!!!I'd rather marry Marc Bulger than ever have had Tony Banks our starting QB any further!!!
    Last edited by TheRammer; -12-17-2009 at 05:56 PM.

macrammer is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by molar_pistol View Post
    did you mean to post this 6 months ago?

i think everyone is aware that the qb situation needs to change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooselini View Post

But why do you keep bringing up this thread? We know a QB change is going to occur in the near future, much sooner than later.
    I see quite a few new folks (me included) on the board. I am appreciative of their insight and questions around different aspects of Ram football. If the topic that comes up is something the more seasoned Clan vets have already discussed how about just staying out of the topic and let the new guy's discuss? or, add your two cents in a meaningful way.

TheRammer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by macrammer View Post
    I see quite a few new folks (me included) on the board. I am appreciative of their insight and questions around different aspects of Ram football. If the topic that comes up is something the more seasoned Clan vets have already discussed how about just staying out of the topic and let the new guy's discuss? or, add your two cents in a meaningful way.
    Yes I really respect your post, I guess this is what I have been trying to say but have failed to come up with the words to say it.... I don't see why if they have talked about this on and on why they have to give hateful or abusive posts towards the new users here...

gap
    gap is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Mooselini View Post

But why do you keep bringing up this thread? We know a QB change is going to occur in the near future, much sooner than later. But, lets see what our QB's have done so far this year.

Remember, Bulger had a very good game against New Orleans, where he actually outplayed potential MVP Drew Brees. I think the guy still has it...
    For the same reason that people keep bringing up the move to LA posts. Because they like stirring the pot. As has been stated in those posts about a move to LA, don't read and respond the posts if you don't like the subject.

I personally have never been fully impressed with Bulger. Yes he has good stats, but he has always seemed to choke under pressure. And the pressure he has been under the past few years, I don't think he can overcome

gap

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

On the basis that Bulger is likely done for the season and probably won't be back next season, I'd say the point is moot.

If people keep putting up tired abusive threads I'll keep commenting on them however I see fit whilst keeping an eye on the rules.

"...sniff his jock.." ......and you wonder why people unload negative rep on you.

My only regret on this occasion is that I somehow managed to give you positive rep for this latest outstanding contribution. I'm fairly sure I'll get a chance to rectify that soon enough.

RebelYell is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by macrammer View Post
    Everyone has a right to post an opinion. The question that I'd have though is why don't the new people spend an hour reviewing recent posts before starting a new thread on a subject that has been covered recently? Post in the threads that are already running instead of starting all over? Wouldn't that be just as courteous?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast