Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 32

Thread: Bulger or Bust?

  1. #16
    shower beers's Avatar
    shower beers is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    3,043
    Rep Power
    59

    Re: Bulger or Bust?

    Quote Originally Posted by RebelYell View Post
    Everyone has a right to post an opinion. The question that I'd have though is why don't the new people spend an hour reviewing recent posts before starting a new thread on a subject that has been covered recently? Post in the threads that are already running instead of starting all over? Wouldn't that be just as courteous?
    Also, is this really relevant right now? I mean, Bulger hasn't even been on the field in close to four weeks now. We should probably be more focused on Null and Boller right now, as it looks like Bulger isn't coming back this year.


  2. #17
    Fortuninerhater's Avatar
    Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    L.A., Ca.
    Posts
    2,597
    Rep Power
    37

    Re: Bulger or Bust?

    Quote Originally Posted by 01d 0rd3r View Post
    I have a feeling if Marc "the bulge" Bulger had come after tony banks, we would be voting him into the HOF by this point.

    By the way rebel when did i miss the hookers and blow?
    Why would that be? No matter what you thought of Banks, it is Marc Bulger who's QBed us to the worse record in our history over the last 3 years. And has done so while collecting by far, the biggest paycheck in team history.

  3. #18
    TheRammer Guest

    Re: Bulger or Bust?

    Quote Originally Posted by RebelYell View Post
    Everyone has a right to post an opinion. The question that I'd have though is why don't the new people spend an hour reviewing recent posts before starting a new thread on a subject that has been covered recently? Post in the threads that are already running instead of starting all over? Wouldn't that be just as courteous?
    This is the reason why: A moderator deleted my posts in another thread because I discussed Bulger in a Null thread and he deleted it, so as a good Samaritan from his recomendation I created a new one to express not only my views and opinions but to others as well who are newer to the forums. I've gotten tired of Cogs threads so I don't either bother going into them....If you don't like a new Bulger thread don't go into it... it's simple right?

  4. #19
    Ramsong's Avatar
    Ramsong is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    16
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Bulger or Bust?

    First off, let me say you do make some valid points. Some. Marc Bulger is at worse (this year due to injury and playcalling) an above average quarterback in this league.

    Key word is "was" NOT "is". Don't make me show you his stats from the last three years, which is ALL THAT IS RELEVANT.

    Get Marc a real number one/two receiver, a little help at the line and we are saying hello superbowl forty-five/six.

    Please give me the name of your pharmacist. I want some of what you're on.

    MB10 still has everything needed to qualify for having "it".

    B onified leader
    U nder pressure he's cool
    L aser arm
    G amer
    E normous potential
    R adar like accuracy

    This is just downright blind stupidity. Cute, but stupid. He has no "potential." He's 33+ and on the DOWNSIDE of his career. You do understand the difference?

    Laser arm? A strong arm has NEVER been one of Marc's attributes. Adequate? Yes. "laser arm/" Get real.

    Finally, under pressure the last three years he's been far from "cool." Happy feet deluxe.


    "GIVE'EM A LINE AND THE'LL BE FINE"

    He had a line this year. He only took 14 sacks in the 9 games he played, well above league average. Of course, you fail to mention how many sacks Marc took over the last few years that were HIS fault, for either holding onto the ball too long, no mobility in the pocket or extending a play, or failure to throw away the ball.

    Look, I don't expect any of this to get through to you, becuase you are truly a moronic Bulgerite, but I liked Marc YEARS AGO when he was the right guy for the job and gave us some very good seasons.

    Get over your infatuation with him, do some actual research, and support whoever the RAMS QUARTERBACK is, whether that is Marc or not.

    I support the Rams, NOT Bulger.

  5. #20
    TheRammer Guest

    Re: Bulger or Bust?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsong View Post

    Look, I don't expect any of this to get through to you, becuase you are truly a moronic Bulgerite, but I liked Marc YEARS AGO when he was the right guy for the job and gave us some very good seasons.

    Get over your infatuation with him, do some actual research, and support whoever the RAMS QUARTERBACK is, whether that is Marc or not.

    I support the Rams, NOT Bulger.
    Well Said but get get ready for all the older users and mods who got each others backs to flame you for this and/or delete your post..

  6. #21
    01d 0rd3r's Avatar
    01d 0rd3r is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    1,259
    Rep Power
    28

    Re: Bulger or Bust?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsong View Post
    First off, let me say you do make some valid points. Some. Marc Bulger is at worse (this year due to injury and playcalling) an above average quarterback in this league.

    Key word is "was" NOT "is". Don't make me show you his stats from the last three years, which is ALL THAT IS RELEVANT.

    Get Marc a real number one/two receiver, a little help at the line and we are saying hello superbowl forty-five/six.

    Please give me the name of your pharmacist. I want some of what you're on.

    MB10 still has everything needed to qualify for having "it".

    B onified leader
    U nder pressure he's cool
    L aser arm
    G amer
    E normous potential
    R adar like accuracy

    This is just downright blind stupidity. Cute, but stupid. He has no "potential." He's 33+ and on the DOWNSIDE of his career. You do understand the difference?

    Laser arm? A strong arm has NEVER been one of Marc's attributes. Adequate? Yes. "laser arm/" Get real.

    Finally, under pressure the last three years he's been far from "cool." Happy feet deluxe.


    "GIVE'EM A LINE AND THE'LL BE FINE"

    He had a line this year. He only took 14 sacks in the 9 games he played, well above league average. Of course, you fail to mention how many sacks Marc took over the last few years that were HIS fault, for either holding onto the ball too long, no mobility in the pocket or extending a play, or failure to throw away the ball.

    Look, I don't expect any of this to get through to you, becuase you are truly a moronic Bulgerite, but I liked Marc YEARS AGO when he was the right guy for the job and gave us some very good seasons.

    Get over your infatuation with him, do some actual research, and support whoever the RAMS QUARTERBACK is, whether that is Marc or not.

    I support the Rams, NOT Bulger.
    Look we all no that marc is not the answer at QB, Everybody has been saying this since he has been hurt. I dont understand why these threads keep popping up. We all agree that we needa a FA qb or a QB in the draft. Thats not just a few people, this is a consensus opinion that everyone agrees on. At most bulger will be back next year to mentor a young guy, which i dont see as a bad thing.

    I also dont see the point in calling someone a bulgerite, or bulger lover. Are you not a rams fan? Dont you support the people who start for your team. I like Bulger, always have. I dont watch the rams because bulger is on the team. I watch the rams because they are the rams. When bulger plays im a bulger supporter, when boller is out there i support boller for the afternon, when null is out there, i hope null has a great game. This doesnt mean i watch the rams for a particular player though. If i did i would have moved to the jags by now for Holt.

    I watch these teams for a particular player
    Ravens: Ray Lewis
    Bengals: Chad johnson
    Whiners: Patrick willis
    Cards: Warner
    Jags: Holt

    I dont call myself a fan of any of those teams just because i like a few other players. So how bout we calm down with the bulger threads, because it is obvious he isnt playing anymore this year. Wait till the offseason when the rams make a decision on what to do with him. Then you can make a thread about bulger because he will be relevant again. As of right now he is not relevant to the team, or anymore this season.

    As for the new guys coming, expressing their right to start a thread about bulger, and "if you dont want to talk about it dont open the thread." You do realize that some people on this forum are mods, they have to check all the thread to make sure none of the rules you agreed to follow mare broken. Very simply they have to read everythread, which means they have to hear the same argument about bulger over and over. Now i have been on this forum for less then a year, and im about sick of the threads myself, so i can only imagine how mods fell about the subject. So lets have a little respect for the people that make the board possible, and the BS that they have to wade through everyday to make us actually want to come back to this website.
    /rant

  7. #22
    TheRammer Guest

    Re: Bulger or Bust?

    Quote Originally Posted by 01d 0rd3r View Post
    Look we all no that marc is not the answer at QB, Everybody has been saying this since he has been hurt. I dont understand why these threads keep popping up. We all agree that we needa a FA qb or a QB in the draft. Thats not just a few people, this is a consensus opinion that everyone agrees on. At most bulger will be back next year to mentor a young guy, which i dont see as a bad thing.

    As for the new guys coming, expressing their right to start a thread about bulger, and "if you dont want to talk about it dont open the thread." You do realize that some people on this forum are mods, they have to check all the thread to make sure none of the rules you agreed to follow mare broken. Very simply they have to read everythread, which means they have to hear the same argument about bulger over and over. Now i have been on this forum for less then a year, and im about sick of the threads myself, so i can only imagine how mods fell about the subject. So lets have a little respect for the people that make the board possible, and the BS that they have to wade through everyday to make us actually want to come back to this website.
    /rant
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRammer View Post
    I've gotten tired of Cogs threads so I don't even bother going into them any more....If you don't like a new Bulger thread don't go into it... it's simple right?
    /ANSWER GO RAMS!!

  8. #23
    MOM's Avatar
    MOM
    MOM is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Springfield, MO
    Age
    37
    Posts
    566
    Rep Power
    18

    Re: Bulger or Bust?

    OK, I'll be fair. I want to pose a question to all of the Bulger bashers here. Don't answer too quickly. Take a few to stew on it.

    When Boller and Null were in, was it Marc's fault that they didn't play well, either?

    You can't lay the blame for losses in a team sport on one person, and one person alone. It doesn't work that way. When the players around a QB are not performing, the QB's chances of success decrease dramatically. When the players around a QB are not communicating properly, the chances of success decrease as well. Is it the job of the QB- and only the QB- to fix those external problems? Nope.

    When you look at the entire puzzle instead of just one piece, only then will you see the full picture. You can quote me on that, just cite the source....LOL
    [SIGPIC]http://www.stickershoppe.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/MLRPANCmini.jpg[/SIGPIC]This is for Randy! GO BRM!

  9. #24
    TheRammer Guest

    Re: Bulger or Bust?

    Quote Originally Posted by MOM View Post
    OK, I'll be fair. I want to pose a question to all of the Bulger bashers here. Don't answer too quickly. Take a few to stew on it.

    When Boller and Null were in, was it Marc's fault that they didn't play well, either?

    You can't lay the blame for losses in a team sport on one person, and one person alone. It doesn't work that way. When the players around a QB are not performing, the QB's chances of success decrease dramatically. When the players around a QB are not communicating properly, the chances of success decrease as well. Is it the job of the QB- and only the QB- to fix those external problems? Nope.

    When you look at the entire puzzle instead of just one piece, only then will you see the full picture. You can quote me on that, just cite the source....LOL
    Very good response and I respect what what you said... for the record I am not a Bulger basher I just hate when people think he's the best thing since sliced bread just because he's our QB or from UWV. Don't get me wrong I don't hate him at all, that kind of stuff is reserved for people like Tony Banks which is a totally different story and I won't lie I was a little bitter toward him when they replaced Warner with him but let me ask you this....

    If what you said was true coaches wouldn't be able to evaluate any position correctly since it's a team sport and wipe the slate clean and should fire everybody!! No, my sole opinion on Mr. Bulger is watching his playing time the last couple of years he has failed to perform at his position and yes alot has been because of other factors but the few times things have been good for him to overcome and go for the win or complete a 3rd and long or whatever he fails at his job...

    I look foward to debating or posting again about this or any other thread for your attitude on posting what you had to say

  10. #25
    MOM's Avatar
    MOM
    MOM is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Springfield, MO
    Age
    37
    Posts
    566
    Rep Power
    18

    Re: Bulger or Bust?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheRammer View Post
    Very good response and I respect what what you said... for the record I am not a Bulger basher I just hate when people think he's the best thing since sliced bread just because he's our QB or from UWV. Don't get me wrong I don't hate him at all, that kind of stuff is reserved for people like Tony Banks which is a totally different story and I won't lie I was a little bitter toward him when they replaced Warner with him but let me ask you this....

    If what you said was true coaches wouldn't be able to evaluate any position correctly since it's a team sport and wipe the slate clean and should fire everybody!! No, my sole opinion on Mr. Bulger is watching his playing time the last couple of years he has failed to perform at his position and yes alot has been because of other factors but the few times things have been good for him to overcome and go for the win or complete a 3rd and long or whatever he fails at his job...

    I look foward to debating or posting again about this or any other thread for your attitude on posting what you had to say
    OK, awesome! Thanks for being so positive!

    As far as position evaluation goes, it is not necessarily true that it can't be done. If you look at each situational stat and use it to look at the game tape to see why the numbers are what they are, sure you can.

    For example, I was looking at O-Line stats, clicking on each header to see which areas were strong, and which are weaker. In doing this, I found that when rushing on the left side, the Rams are in a four-way tie for 4th in the league in plays of 10 yards or more (14). They are listed at 6th, but when there is a tie, it is listed alphabetically. Their five plays on that side for negative yardage put them in a four-way tie for 8th. When looking at rushes up the middle and right side, the numbers are not as pretty. Take those numbers, and go to the tape. Who is showing proper technique? Whose footwork needs work? The numbers show where problem areas are, while the tape allows one to see who is causing them.

    Individual players can still be evaluated and worked with to make the whole better. It just takes work, and the willingness to do said work. As for Bulger, some of the problems have been a carry-over from the hits. If you look up articles on Battered Woman Syndrome, it can show you what I'm talking about. I used to take a lot of hits myself, and once I got away from that, it took over a year to quit cowering in fear any time a voice was raised. These things take time. Once he has taken considerably fewer hits over an extended period of playing time, you'll see a difference.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.stickershoppe.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/MLRPANCmini.jpg[/SIGPIC]This is for Randy! GO BRM!

  11. #26
    macrammer's Avatar
    macrammer is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Northern Cal
    Age
    55
    Posts
    1,949
    Rep Power
    27

    Re: Bulger or Bust?

    Quote Originally Posted by RebelYell View Post
    Everyone has a right to post an opinion. The question that I'd have though is why don't the new people spend an hour reviewing recent posts before starting a new thread on a subject that has been covered recently? Post in the threads that are already running instead of starting all over? Wouldn't that be just as courteous?
    Everyone does have the right to post an opinion. But, I suppose intelligent and thoughtful opinion is out of the question if a poster somehow brings up a subject that is "old hat" to some but not to all. I for one do not have time to sort through old posts that may or may not be relevant to a current post. But it was a thoughtful suggestion, I will give you that.

  12. #27
    r8rh8rmike's Avatar
    r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    29 Palms, Ca.
    Age
    55
    Posts
    11,235
    Rep Power
    127

    Re: Bulger or Bust?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsong View Post
    This is just downright blind stupidity. Cute, but stupid. He has no "potential." He's 33+ and on the DOWNSIDE of his career. You do understand the difference?

    Laser arm? A strong arm has NEVER been one of Marc's attributes. Adequate? Yes. "laser arm/" Get real.

    Finally, under pressure the last three years he's been far from "cool." Happy feet deluxe.


    "GIVE'EM A LINE AND THE'LL BE FINE"

    He had a line this year. He only took 14 sacks in the 9 games he played, well above league average. Of course, you fail to mention how many sacks Marc took over the last few years that were HIS fault, for either holding onto the ball too long, no mobility in the pocket or extending a play, or failure to throw away the ball.

    Look, I don't expect any of this to get through to you, becuase you are truly a moronic Bulgerite, but I liked Marc YEARS AGO when he was the right guy for the job and gave us some very good seasons.
    Was this necessary? Isn't this the type of response you got from Bernie that drove you here? Let's back off the "blind stupidity" and "moronic Bulgerite" comments, okay? They are inappropriate and will not be tolerated again.

  13. #28
    Ramsong's Avatar
    Ramsong is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    16
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Bulger or Bust?

    Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    Was this necessary? Isn't this the type of response you got from Bernie that drove you here? Let's back off the "blind stupidity" and "moronic Bulgerite" comments, okay? They are inappropriate and will not be tolerated again.
    OK, I'll try to tone down the rhetoric. But....It's pretty hard when you see comments like that which are so blatantly ridiculous.

    I do apologize...I guess I crossed the line from friendly fun poking putdown to insult.

    But let's not equate legitimate criticism sprinkled with a little salty (not profane) language as "hate", OK?

    It really gets my goat when someone labels you as a "hater" just because you criticize their favorite player, or respond negatively (as in this case) even when you back your opinion with cold hard facts and statistics.

    It's much easier to demonize someone rather than engage in a debate.

    Tell you what....Since you're a moderator, how about creating a list of insults that are acceptable and those that are not acceptable?

    Or is it simply a matter of a moderator's opinion and case-by-case basis?

    My opinion is....Forum debates are pretty dull without at least an occasional putdown or two.

  14. #29
    r8rh8rmike's Avatar
    r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    29 Palms, Ca.
    Age
    55
    Posts
    11,235
    Rep Power
    127

    Re: Bulger or Bust?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsong View Post
    OK, I'll try to tone down the rhetoric. But....It's pretty hard when you see comments like that which are so blatantly ridiculous.

    I do apologize...I guess I crossed the line from friendly fun poking putdown to insult.

    But let's not equate legitimate criticism sprinkled with a little salty (not profane) language as "hate", OK?

    It really gets my goat when someone labels you as a "hater" just because you criticize their favorite player, or respond negatively (as in this case) even when you back your opinion with cold hard facts and statistics.

    It's much easier to demonize someone rather than engage in a debate.

    Tell you what....Since you're a moderator, how about creating a list of insults that are acceptable and those that are not acceptable?

    Or is it simply a matter of a moderator's opinion and case-by-case basis?

    My opinion is....Forum debates are pretty dull without at least an occasional putdown or two.
    Attack the post, not the poster. Just stay away from the personal stuff and you should be fine. Saying something is rediculous doesn't cross the line, calling someone stupid or moronic, does. I think you can figure out what the boundaries are.

  15. #30
    TheRammer Guest

    Re: Bulger or Bust?

    Quote Originally Posted by MOM View Post
    OK, awesome! Thanks for being so positive!

    As far as position evaluation goes, it is not necessarily true that it can't be done. If you look at each situational stat and use it to look at the game tape to see why the numbers are what they are, sure you can.

    For example, I was looking at O-Line stats, clicking on each header to see which areas were strong, and which are weaker. In doing this, I found that when rushing on the left side, the Rams are in a four-way tie for 4th in the league in plays of 10 yards or more (14). They are listed at 6th, but when there is a tie, it is listed alphabetically. Their five plays on that side for negative yardage put them in a four-way tie for 8th. When looking at rushes up the middle and right side, the numbers are not as pretty. Take those numbers, and go to the tape. Who is showing proper technique? Whose footwork needs work? The numbers show where problem areas are, while the tape allows one to see who is causing them.

    Individual players can still be evaluated and worked with to make the whole better. It just takes work, and the willingness to do said work. As for Bulger, some of the problems have been a carry-over from the hits. If you look up articles on Battered Woman Syndrome, it can show you what I'm talking about. I used to take a lot of hits myself, and once I got away from that, it took over a year to quit cowering in fear any time a voice was raised. These things take time. Once he has taken considerably fewer hits over an extended period of playing time, you'll see a difference.

    Your Welcome
    Probelm is I honestly don't think Bulger will be here past a year at the most anymore...We are getting a QB second round after Suh me thinks so maybe he'll mentor him and then be let go after his contract ends what you think about that? And well have null as third string still..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Bernie: Time Right To Let Beat-Up Bulger Go?
    By r8rh8rmike in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: -11-26-2009, 03:51 PM
  2. Post Game with Gordo: 10-12
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: -10-12-2008, 07:46 PM
  3. Bulger Back as Starter
    By Marc Bulger Fan in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: -10-01-2008, 09:53 PM
  4. Bulger has no worries
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: -08-25-2006, 03:59 PM
  5. Linehan Believes Bulger is Among the Best
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: -08-05-2006, 05:39 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •