Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    RamWraith is offline Registered User

Bulger contract questions and info

with this whole Bulger contract thing.

I come to the internet 8 to 10 times a day, and search all over the sports network to find some information on the negotiations, and nothing. I really thought we were going to go into July with our stud locked up long term. What is going on? There is no information to be found. I am starting to get a little anxious on the whole situation...and am not liking it one bit.

Am I alone? Is anyone else beginning to wonder? Is this not going to happen??

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: I am starting to scratch my head on Bulger

From Rotoworld only a few minutes ago:

Marc Bulger told Sirius NFL Radio Tuesday that he won't rule out a holdout if the Rams don't sign him to a contract extension prior to training camp.

Bulger says he does expect to complete a new deal before the start of camp. The Rams can't afford to let Bulger hold out as they get new faces Randy McMichael and Drew Bennett incorporated into the offense. Bulger and his agent may be attempting to force the issue to get negotiations jumpstarted.
    I don't envision Bulger holding out if it comes to that, but I can understand not wanting to take it off the table in a negotiation process. Hopefully it doesn't come to him having to make that choice and the Rams can get something done. I would think, though, that their focus right now is on getting those rookies signed so they can report to camp.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

timsum1283 is offline Registered User

i feel the exact same way. I keep having nightmares that Ryan Fitzpatrick will be the starting QB next year. I love the kid but what is taking Bulger so long?

Quote Originally Posted by timsum1283 View Post
    what is taking Bulger so long?
    Why do you assume it's Bulger?
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

For some reason, i think it's something else.

Bulger seems to be a "team player", and while he knows he deserves a nice contract, perhaps he (or the Rams) are waiting until our earlier draft picks get signed. Once that happens, then the money situation will be clearer and both parties end up happy.

Then again, maybe he wants a bowl of only green M&M's in his locker before each game, and the FO won't give in....

BigDaddyPace is offline Registered User

Bulger has the Rams by the nads and he knows it. You can't fault the guy for trying to get paid his market worth. Simply bussiness.

z.nrd Guest

I've also read guys on the net who say Bulger DID NOT seem to be endorsing a holdout.

Here's 2 versions:

RamsGridiron: I heard it, he said a holdout was the last thing he wanted to have happen, so it wasn't really a threat to hold out. '

SacRam: They asked him what was taking so long on getting the new contract. He stated that the Rams wanted to get through the draft and FA before tackling such a complex contract. He said he would like to have the extension done before training camp. They asked if a holdout was possible...Marc kind of skated the question and said anything is possible as he was letting his agent handle that, but he said he really thought the extension would be done before training camp.

Seems to me we need a transcript before we know what he really said.

But there are some things we can say based on experience about this:

1. I would never automatically blame either side if the deal is slow. Until you get concrete info, you actually really don't know WHO is make the money issues difficult. Could be Bulger. Could be the Rams. Could be both. Could be Bulger is asking a lot. Could be the Rams are lowballing. Could be both. Never automatically assume it's the player. Never automatically assume it's management.

2. The Rams are ALWAYS slow with these kinds of things...and have been forever. Faulk missed two weeks of camp in 99 cause of contract issues. IN 2000, both Warner and Bruce did not have new deals signed until after camp had started. The Rams are just sloooooooooooow. Always have been. There are rare exceptions but the main rule is...Rams are sloooooooooooooow. Just get used to it.

Quote Originally Posted by z.nrd View Post
    2. The Rams are ALWAYS slow with these kinds of things...and have been forever. Faulk missed two weeks of camp in 99 cause of contract issues. IN 2000, both Warner and Bruce did not have new deals signed until after camp had started. The Rams are just sloooooooooooow. Always have been. There are rare exceptions but the main rule is...Rams are sloooooooooooooow. Just get used to it.
    And let's not forget that both Pisa and Little were signed to their extensions during the season, in October and November respectively.

from KFFL:

Rams | Bulger expects extension soon
    Tue, 10 Jul 2007 16:12:20 -0700

The NFL Network reports St. Louis Rams QB Marc Bulger said during an interview with Sirius NFL radio that he believes he will get a contract extension before training camp. Bulger also said he may hold out of training camp if he does not get the extension.

z.nrd Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RamWraith View Post
    from KFFL:

Rams | Bulger expects extension soon
    Tue, 10 Jul 2007 16:12:20 -0700

The NFL Network reports St. Louis Rams QB Marc Bulger said during an interview with Sirius NFL radio that he believes he will get a contract extension before training camp. Bulger also said he may hold out of training camp if he does not get the extension.
    We DEFINATELY need a transcript.

That's now 5 different versions I've seen, and they all have subtle differences.

Re: Bulger contract questions and info

How funny is it that I start a thread wanting information on the Bulger's contract status and BANG; 10 minutes later an interview appears on the web from Sirus.

Stay tune next week when I start a thread "How long before Jenkins is a Ram"? :-)

Quote Originally Posted by RamWraith View Post
    How funny is it that I start a thread wanting information on the Bulger's contract status and BANG; 10 minutes later an interview appears on the web from Sirus.

Stay tune next week when I start a thread "How long before Jenkins is a Ram"? :-)
    Maybe every Sunday morning a couple of hours before the game, you can start a thread asking how long before the Rams get another win? I'll go ahead and book my Super Bowl reservations now.

general counsel is offline Registered User

i have consulted directly with howard and barry on this topic. They are of the view that the rams are typically very tight lipped in terms of public negotiating. Its just not ziggys style. Any reporters that give you "inside info" are highly suspect at this point.

Guys, the rams know whats at stake. One day we will just see it flash over the wire that he is signed and we will all be relieved. Until then, we just wait for info, which we are unlikely to get in any substantive form until this is very very close to signed if not actually signed.

I am among the group that checks 20 times a day for any update on the situation.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

I'm not sure how Marc, or any other smart player in the middle of a negotiation, could answer the question "would you consider a holdout" any differently.

If you say, "absolutely yes," you will be portrayed as a malcontent (as some who have answered that type of question have been portrayed).

If you sy, "absolutely not," then the team knows it has nothing to lose in taking a hard line.

So, you say "I wouldn't rule it out." Keep it vague.

I will throw this into the mix, though (just in case Marc is reading). I have not yet decided what jersey I will purchase this year (I buy 1, and only 1, each year). Marc's #10 is the decided frontrunner, but I have a policy of only buying jerseys of players who are locked in long-term (made the rule after Aeneas Williams "retired" one year after I bought his jersey).

So, Marc, if you are reading... there's a bit of extra incentive for you. You wouldn't want me going and buying a Tye Hill jersey, would you?

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFanSam View Post
    For some reason, i think it's something else. Bulger seems to be a "team player"
    Completely agree. Anyone who says this man doesn't care about his team doesn't know what he/she is talking about whatsoever. There are so many sides to this contract story/situation, no one can be for sure whats actually going on. But I can tell you one thing, Bulger isn't going to hold out. I'd be incredibly disappointed in him if he did, but I highly doubt it. He's showed in the past that he loves this team and has showed he can be an elite QB under Linehan's scheme. Taking less hits, throwing more TDs and having more offensive fun is something I doubt he'd just throw away. As he has said before he wants to stick with this team...I'm not worried.

Unfortunately this contract crap takes awhile. :\

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast