Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Re: Bulger contract questions and info

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    A circular pattern?
    It's... well... if you can picture an oblong, and distort is slightly... compress the sides, and squint. You'll see it.

Either way it has a big nose.

HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP

Maybe I'm missing something here, but to say that Bulger should have handled it differently, or will handle it differently in the future........aren't we making an assumption that he handled it poorly THIS time?

I've yet to see anything that would convince me the result of this interview is anything other than making him more money. He got his message to the FO (hold-out is on the table), but is still the lovable hero to the fans (nah, I'm not holding out). Best of both worlds if you ask me.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

z.nrd Guest

Thought this topic was dead. Okay. In a word, no. We are instead making the assumption that the press includes people who can use your words against you if you're not careful, especially in answering a trap question, and that a more experienced Bulger will be more savvy about that. He could also STILL get his message to the FO that he would hold out while AT THE SAME TIME phrasing it in a way that lessens the chance the users and abusers in the press would could run with it. I mean, he himself, after all, had to calm things down with a follow-up saying it was blown out of proportion.

Good. That now makes 100 times I said the same thing. I reject the idea he did anything "poorly." This is not a case where anyone needs to feel protective. It wasn't a criticism. Unless you think a statement in 2005 saying "Bulger shouldn't have tried to get in on the tackle after that INT in Indy, but I bet he learns from the experience" is a criticism and an accusation that he did something poorely. Same kind of thing.

Excellent. I'm glad we all agree that Bulger handled this exactly the way he and Condon wanted to, and now we can put yet another non-issue behind us.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

viper is offline Registered User

Ya, but, what does he have against his wife?

z.nrd Guest

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Excellent. I'm glad we all agree that Bulger handled this exactly the way he and Condon wanted to, and now we can put yet another non-issue behind us.
    I can see it now.

Condon: "Now, Marc. I want you to stumble with a trap question and give exploiters in the press some ammo to run with. Then, I want you to come out again later, and say everything was blown out of proportion."

Marc: "Couldn't I just finesse the question with a vague answer that simultaneously keeps the hold out card active while not being exploitable in a llittle press ker-fuffle? You know, something vague, like, `I really can't discuss that now during negotiations, but of course all players in my position realize they have to keep a lot of different options open.'"

Condon: "No, Marc. Remember, I am the maestro of engineering my clients PR. I am, after all, the agent of Kyle Turley and Eli Manning. Do as I say."

Marc. "Okey-dokey."
    Last edited by z.nrd; -07-14-2007 at 12:58 PM.

Now, Marc. I want you to stumble with a trap question and give exploiters in the press some ammo to run with.
    And therein lies the assumption. You think he stumbled, and gave the press something to run with. That's where this whole non-issue falls apart.

1. He didn't stumble. He did not undercut his value to the team, to the fans, or to himself. If anything, he added to his own value by plaining (not vaguely) that a hold-out is an option. You seem to think some error was commited here, that he will fix in the future. There was no error.

2. The press doesn't need any particular phrasing from a player to have "ammo". Did the rotoworld headline not teach us that?

The whole reason we're still talking about this is because some fans see things that simply aren't there. At least with Wroten we had an arrest to talk about.

z.nrd Guest

I disagree, and I think you're wrong.

You're obviously entitled to your interpretation. I mean, aren't we all.

But I don't agree with any of it.

I could repeat myself and say why I don't agree so that you could repeat yourself and say why you disagree.......but, maybe it's easier just to re-read each other's old posts on this, since, each of us has responded to the exact same arguments more than once by now.

You ain't budgin an inch. I ain't budgin an inch. There we have it. Shrug.

Oh. And. If you are honestly convinced you are the arbiter of what is THERE and what is SIMPLY NOT THERE, then, you've left debate behind for religion. Which means that a few pages ago I made what I thought was an innocuous remark, and several Testimonials to the One Truth later, I find I am on trial for heresy. Meaning. I don't agree that you have figured out the final truth about what's there or not in this matter. I personally think you're missing something and I remain convinced by what I saw. I can also accept that reasonable people may differ on that and then end up doing the right thing, which is just agreeing to disagree.

. . .
    Last edited by z.nrd; -07-14-2007 at 02:16 PM.

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Wow....you guys have a lot of time on your hands to argue about nonsense. I don't think Bulger said anything wrong in the interview.

I hope Bulger does not hold to his belief that it is "better to keep quiet" for most things. I like it when the normally quiet man speaks. Things seem to happen when he starts talking.

I am happy that we have signed Marc
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by z.nrd View Post
    No one said he did anything "wrong." What got said was, he himself would learn not to be so blunt with the press. It's an experience thing, not a right/wrong thing. And now, he says that too. But the real point was, saying so should not have caused 6-7 pages of consternation and/or "thread judging" ("I don't like this topic, why are you talking about THIS, I am the judge of what is worth talking about and I deem this unworthy.")
    Personally I hope Bulger is more blunt with the press. He should not worry so much about what the press thinks. They tend to overhype everything. The deal is done and signed and there was no harm done by Bulger's comments.

Sorry, but I don't understand your "real point".....this is a message board. Anyone can argue as long as they want over anything. It just takes two or more to keep typing to get a longer thread and a longer discussion. z.nrd, you apparently, are not done with the topic since you brought it back up again after it has been dead for two weeks. Why do you want to talk about it now?

Are you worried about "thread judging" or "worthy" posts?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456