Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    general counsel Guest

Bulger and the deep ball

Does anyone out there still think bulger has problems throwing the deep ball? The Kid is just fantastic and what is scary is how he continues to improve. His accuracy is just uncanny and when he gets protection, he is just deadly. When they blitzed today, he killed them. He is at his best on third down and with the game on the line. Never loses his composure. I just love the guy and he will continue to get better.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

Re: Bulger and the deep ball

He throws a beautiful pass. Love the way he was able to get it to Holt on the first TD.

Way to go Marc. :ramlogo: :tough:
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel
    Does anyone out there still think bulger has problems throwing the deep ball?
    The problems were related to timing. It is nice to see that the timing has improved over the course of the season. Martz is going to continue to take some shots downfield. It will put added pressure on the opposing defense if Bulger can continue to hook up with his WR's on most of those attempts. As it is now, the opposing DC's are looking at a nightmare.

:ramlogo:

RealRam is online now Registered User

Just keep it up, keep making those plays! Short, midrange and/or bomber.

Marc Bulger. Isaac Bruce. Kevin Curtis. Shawn McDonald. Marshall Faulk. Brandon Manumaleuna. Torry Holt. Dan Looker. Cam Cleeland. Might we add Steven Jackson and Joey Goodspeed to our Rams receivers corps.

GO RAMS! :angryram:

Yodude is offline Registered User

First things first. Bulger stepped up bigtime tonight. A playoff game, on the road, division rival.....that's a huge step for a young QB. I was really impressed by him today.

That last drive was beautiful. I loved the way we went down the field with authority...no field goal, straight to the end zone. With the way the 3rd and 4th WR's are stepping up, and Manu and Cleeland contributing, and the double threat of Faulk and Jackson in the back-field, we are just a little help on the 0-line away from being really really dangerous on offense.
    Last edited by Yodude; -01-09-2005 at 02:38 AM.
    Clannie Nominee for ClanRam's Thickest Poster

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

I agree, Yo. The offense is good now, but can you imagine how much better it would be with a more dominant offensive line, capable of opening up clear running holes and holding off a four man rush consistently?

Bulger played very well today in a VERY tough road environment. Kevin Curtis also made some clutch plays, and I think Marshall Faulk showed why he's going to be in the Hall of Fame with some of those cutback runs.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

theodus69 Guest

The D-line is looking much better also and with just a little better push next week, these guys could be in the NFC championship game!

adarian_too is offline Registered User

MB has matured a great deal this season. It seemed he didn't like throwing to someone out of the backfield at the start of the season. Now some of the biggest plays are Jackson and McDonald catching ones out of the backfield. He seems to be seeing much of the field with the time he gets.

PTHOR Guest

His deep ball is much better this season, MUCH better, I hope he's able to add a little more distance and accuracy and he'll be right up there with the best of them. I just hate when he tries to force the long throws you just can't force long throws, especially in 2 or 3 man coverage, though, that's probably my favorite coach making him go for it no matter what...

Quote Originally Posted by NickSeiler
    I agree, Yo. The offense is good now, but can you imagine how much better it would be with a more dominant offensive line, capable of opening up clear running holes and holding off a four man rush consistently?
    Absolutely...and I alluded to it in my post......

Quote Originally Posted by Me
    I loved the way we went down the field with authority...no field goal, straight to the end zone. With the way the 3rd and 4th WR's are stepping up, and Manu and Cleeland contributing, and the double threat of Faulk and Jackson in the back-field, we are just a little help on the 0-line away from being really really dangerous on offense.
    I wonder if right now, all the people who said forget the GSOT days realize just how close we are to having that incredible arsenal at our disposal once again.

As you said, I think we're an offensive line short of it. We're really started to see how deep we are at receiver, Bulger's developing into a very good quarterback and looks like he's getting better with each game, the combo of Faulk and Jackson has proven to be dangerous on the ground when utilized. If we can get an offensive line that will work for us and can keep them healthy, I think this will once again rival any offense in the league as the most dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by NickSeiler
    If we can get an offensive line that will work for us and can keep them healthy, I think this will once again rival any offense in the league as the most dangerous.
    I agree 100%, Nick. And having that type of offense will go a long way towards improving our defense, which should reap the benefits of having the other team behind the 8-ball as far as the scoreboard goes.

xfactor28 Guest

Absoultley no problem at all. It was beautiful, man.

moklerman Guest

This thread seems to be a theme on the board right now. "See how wrong you were" or something to that effect. Maybe I'm just reading into it the wrong way. But those of us who criticized Bulger's deep passes last year were not without reason. He has improved and that's what a lot of us demanded before getting off his back.

I don't think anyone's criticizing him now...because he doesn't deserve it.

Quote Originally Posted by moklerman
    This thread seems to be a theme on the board right now. "See how wrong you were" or something to that effect.
    Yeah, you're right about that...

Quote Originally Posted by moklerman
    Some of us have been talking about Faulk still having "it" for weeks now. Nice to see everyone else catching up.
    :tongue:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast