RamWraith is offline Registered User

Bulger on ESPN Radio

As told by a fellow fan (playmaker21):

-------------------

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 2:53 pm Post subject: Marc Bulger on ESPN Radio Reply with quote
    Marc Bulger was a guest on today's "Inside the Huddle" program on ESPN Radio with John Clayton and Robert Smith. Here is the highlights.

When asked about how he see's the team in 2006: Bulger hyped the defense first and foremost, naming the additions of Witherspoon, Glover, Chavous, and the drafting of Tye Hill as major upgrades to their position.

When asked about his shoulder: Bulger stated that in 2004 when he hurt it, he shouldn't of come back so fast, but they were in playoff contention so he came back and didn't have as much time to heal it properly. But last year he could of come back in week 12 but chose not to because they were out of playoff contention. He sayed it is 100% now.

Clayton asked about running a no huddle offense: Bulger stated that they will run more no huddle, something the Rams weren't allowed to do in the past.

On how Linehan's offense is different than Martz's: More short passes, more running, more dropoff's to the back's and TE's.

On Marshall Faulk: Would love to have him back, but just want's the situation resolved because it has lingered over the team all offseason.

On Steven Jackson's improvement: Stated Jackson WILL catch more passes this season and has very under rated receiving skills. He said he want's to have the opportunity to hand the ball off all fourth quarter like the Steelers teams he grew up watching.

On the Offensive Line: Praised Alex Barron and his improvement this offseason. Said there looks to be a youth movement on the interior of the line. Stated the new o-line coach improved the Miami o-line from 30th in sacks allowed in 2004 to 4th in 2005 when he took over.

evil disco man is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Re: Bulger on ESPN Radio

Quote Originally Posted by RamWraith
    Said there looks to be a youth movement on the interior of the line. Stated the new o-line coach improved the Miami o-line from 30th in sacks allowed in 2004 to 4th in 2005 when he took over.
    There's a nice little stat I wasn't aware of. I'm sure Bulger's shoulder feels even better just knowing he's going to get more protection this year.

The only youthful guy stepping up in the interior line so far is Richie Incognito. Maybe this is a little inside hint that Terrell is bound to start if he can get that wrist healthy and be able to lift more weights, therefore losing at least some of that Michelin Man figure of his. I'd like to see Incognito and Terrell hold down both spots at guard for the next decade or so, but they both have to prove themselves in this upcoming training camp.
    Last edited by evil disco man; -07-15-2006 at 06:19 PM.

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

Now thats what I'm talkin about! Bulger has confidence in the defense and alot more short passes to Jackson, WATCH OUT! These 8-8 (according to the experts:confused: ) Rams will be exciting!!! Tough, in your face, non-finesse is going to kick donkey. I can't wait.
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

RamsFan4ever is offline Registered User

54 TD!!! Wouldnt that be more than the record that peyton has? And if he threw for 5000 yards, there would be no time to let Jackson run!

rams#1 Guest

he was on pace last year to shatter all of peyton manning and dan marino's records. but as long as we win I will be fine. I would love to see marc bulger throw for 4,000 yards while steven jackson leads the league in yards and touchdowns.
    Last edited by rams#1; -07-15-2006 at 08:40 PM.

bigredman Guest

For us hungry for any information regarding the Rams, this is an appetizer. I would love to hear more (and see more) regarding what they are doing with the interior offensive line. It was obvious that the Rams would balance their offense from high flying slants, posts and flies to utilizing TE's and RB's more. I'm encouraged that Jackson is improving in his receiving skills. I'm dying to see a preseason game, scrimmage, anything! I won't put much stock in any accolades regarding the defense just yet. Way too early to assess that squad. The defense ALWAYS is ahead of the offense early on. What will be critical is Haslett's ability to game plan against an opposing team's offense, and adjust during the game. Marmie was pathetic at that.
    Last edited by bigredman; -07-15-2006 at 09:20 PM.

RamsFan4ever is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by rams#1
    I can't wait to see us in action against the colts. They are no match against our awesome food, kick ass offense, and our rowdy fans. Heck yeah.

go Rams!!!!
    Speaking of the colts...... That game begins in less than 4 weeks!!!! We will finally see our new guys in Rams Uniform, our new defence, our TE improved offence!!! Just saying less than 4 weeks make me so pumped up for that game!!!

GO RAMS!!!:ramlogo: