ramavenger is offline Registered User

Bulger fastest to 1,000 completions

Rams | Bulger fastest to 1,000 completions
    Sat, 16 Sep 2006 07:19:52 -0700

Bill Coats, of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, reports when St. Louis Rams QB Marc Bulger connected with WR Torry Holt for a 17-yard gain in the third quarter against the Denver Broncos Week 1, he reached 1,000 completions faster than any quarterback in NFL history. Bulger got there in 45 games, two games sooner than ex-Rams QB Kurt Warner. QBs Drew Bledsoe and Peyton Manning needed 48 games, and it took QB Dan Marino 49.

Rams | Incognito named new starting center
    Sat, 16 Sep 2006 07:17:29 -0700

Steve Korte, of the News-Democrat, reports St. Louis Rams head coach Scott Linehan named OL Richie Incognito his new starting center Friday, Sept. 15. Linehan had been leaning in that direction all week, but he had not made the decision final. "Richie will be our starter," Linehan said. "We didn't decide that until last night." Incognito hasn't played center since his freshman year at the University of Nebraska. Incognito said the difference between playing guard and center was like the difference between playing backgammon and chess. Incognito said his biggest adjustment was getting used to the shotgun snap. "I hadn't done shotgun much in college," Incognito said. "It was my technique, and it was something that we fixed real quick." Incognito replaces Andy McCollum, who suffered a season-ending knee injury against the Denver Broncos Week 1.

:tut

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Re: Bulger fastest to 1,000 completions

Incognito was not a surprise, we all expected him to be the new starter, good luck dude you can do it!

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Bulgers news is awesome, cosigns his accuracy, wideouts and the MM offense.

ramsanddodgers is online now Registered User

Bill Coats, of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, reports when St. Louis Rams QB Marc Bulger connected with WR Torry Holt for a 17-yard gain in the third quarter against the Denver Broncos Week 1, he reached 1,000 completions faster than any quarterback in NFL history. Bulger got there in 45 games, two games sooner than ex-Rams QB Kurt Warner.
    Hey Avenger,

I can very much appreciate Bulger's accomplishment and have absolutely no argument with it.

I still have, however, minor issues with Bulger's seeming reduction of effectiveness which correlates to approximity of the line of scrimmage to the goal line.

Also, in the 45 games it took Bulger to get his 3K completions he threw for 51 Td's. Warner in 45 games threw for 98.

I'll still keep Marc and hope the rumours of a more substantial running game can only serve to open up the throwing lanes and continued accolades for Bulger and the Rams!

RnD

GO RAMS!!