throwback week



Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 20 of 20
  1. #16
    ramsbruce's Avatar
    ramsbruce is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    FIRING SCHOTTY
    Age
    42
    Posts
    3,812
    Rep Power
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16
    No. Until he can play a full season he is injury prone. In 2003 played 15/16 games, 2004 he played in 14/16 games and in 2005 he played in 8/16 games. He is due for a full season but until then lets call him "Injury Prone".
    You missed the point of the thread. Of course he has been injured a lot. Like chiguy said, the point of this is WHY has he been injured so much. It really isn't all his fault, but some people & writers like to make him out like he is "soft" or "fragile". I'm saying I don't think he is, it has a lot more to do with the scheme he was in, and the line play. Stick any QB behind that line at the time, and run that offense and see if he can go 16 games injury free. I highly doubt it. Warner was big and strong also and look how badly he got killed behind that same line and same scheme.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rambos
    Marc needs to play smart, if he has an INT, find the fastest path to the side line. No need to try and make a play.
    I disagree 100%. He should always try to make a play, it's also just instincts to go and try to make a play. He can't second guess himself while in the middle of a play, because that's when he will REALLY get hurt.
    Last edited by Nick; -07-24-2006 at 03:39 AM. Reason: Merging back to back posts

    Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce
    Kudos to Jared Cook for saying what needed to be said about being outplayed and outcoached vs the Cards.

  2. #17
    RamsFan16 Guest

    Re: Bulger Getting Too Much Flack For Being Injury Prone??

    Oops, I'm sorry RamsBruce.

    Yea I agree, the media makes it out to be his fault. The only time it was his fault is last year when he went to make the tackle against Indy. But the only reason he went for the tackle is because he was trying to clean up his error.

    But against Arizona he got blindsided because Adrian Wilson came in untouched. Someone missed a block.

    I can't remember what he did the other year to cause it though.

    Bulgers injuries are not because he is injury prone but because IMO we play on Turf.
    Last edited by RamsFan16; -07-24-2006 at 04:14 AM.

  3. #18
    ramsbruce's Avatar
    ramsbruce is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    FIRING SCHOTTY
    Age
    42
    Posts
    3,812
    Rep Power
    52

    Re: Bulger Getting Too Much Flack For Being Injury Prone??

    Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16
    Oops, I'm sorry RamsBruce.

    Yea I agree, the media makes it out to be his fault. The only time it was his fault is last year when he went to make the tackle against Indy. But the only reason he went for the tackle is because he was trying to clean up his error.

    But against Arizona he got blindsided because Adrian Wilson came in untouched. Someone missed a block.

    I can't remember what he did the other year to cause it though.
    No need to be sorry. It's all good. I wouldn't fault him for trying to make a play against Indy. He did the right thing, but I would hope the next time he is going to take on someone, he doesn't lead with his throwing shoulder/arm.
    Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce
    Kudos to Jared Cook for saying what needed to be said about being outplayed and outcoached vs the Cards.

  4. #19
    Goldenfleece's Avatar
    Goldenfleece is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Age
    33
    Posts
    3,586
    Rep Power
    60

    Re: Bulger Getting Too Much Flack For Being Injury Prone??

    Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce
    Warner was big and strong also and look how badly he got killed behind that same line and same scheme .
    And technically Trent Green's injury came under that same system. It's not just that we have had poor line play. Or that we ran so many plays with lots of eligible receivers and not a lot of bodies back to block. Or that we ran so many pass plays every game, giving defenders more opportunities to get to him. Or that we ran so many plays deep that took longer to develop and required him to hold on to the ball. But when you put it all together, you can expect the QB to take some punishment, and Bulger has stood up to it pretty well.

    The problem I have with calling Bulger injury prone is that it implies he is more susceptible to injury than the average player. When you look at some of our new signings like Raonall Smith and Brad Pyatt who usually last half a season or Rex Grossman who has 8 starts in 3 years...that's what I call injury prone. Bulger was healthy for all of '02 and would have started every game in '03, except Warner was named the starter for the first game of the season. Bulger missed two games in '04 because of a shoulder injury, and then there was the flukey thing on the interception return last year. Prior to the injury in '05, he had started 26 games and missed 2 due to injury.

  5. #20
    ramsbruce's Avatar
    ramsbruce is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    FIRING SCHOTTY
    Age
    42
    Posts
    3,812
    Rep Power
    52

    Re: Bulger Getting Too Much Flack For Being Injury Prone??

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenfleece
    And technically Trent Green's injury came under that same system.
    True, but I still look at that play as a cheaphot by a cheapshot artist named Rodney Harrison. No one will ever change my mind about Harrison and that being a cheapshot.

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenfleece
    It's not just that we have had poor line play. Or that we ran so many plays with lots of eligible receivers and not a lot of bodies back to block. Or that we ran so many pass plays every game, giving defenders more opportunities to get to him. Or that we ran so many plays deep that took longer to develop and required him to hold on to the ball. But when you put it all together, you can expect the QB to take some punishment, and Bulger has stood up to it pretty well.

    The problem I have with calling Bulger injury prone is that it implies he is more susceptible to injury than the average player. When you look at some of our new signings like Raonall Smith and Brad Pyatt who usually last half a season or Rex Grossman who has 8 starts in 3 years...that's what I call injury prone. Bulger was healthy for all of '02 and would have started every game in '03, except Warner was named the starter for the first game of the season. Bulger missed two games in '04 because of a shoulder injury, and then there was the flukey thing on the interception return last year. Prior to the injury in '05, he had started 26 games and missed 2 due to injury.
    Exactly. Like I said before, when the system was working we were unstoppable, but when it wasn't, Warner and Bulger got killed. Bulger has taken some big shots, and still gotten up many times. There is no way he is injury prone. He gets a bad rap being labeled "injury prone".
    Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce
    Kudos to Jared Cook for saying what needed to be said about being outplayed and outcoached vs the Cards.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •