Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Bulger has always been an average QB that couldn't carry a team to victory?

.... 2001-2006 ....

60 games played ...

65.1 Comp %, 250.1 YPG, 95 TD, 59 INT, 90 + QB RATE ....

36-24 Record (.600 Pct) as starter ...

16 game winning 4th quarter drives - I guess he didn't play an active role in any of this ...

Just wondering what the opinion is from those that claim Bulger has "always sucked" or that he "cannot read defenses". Did he put up those number by luck?
    Last edited by RamsInfiniti; -12-02-2008 at 05:31 PM.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Re: Bulger has always been an average QB that couldn't carry a team to victory?

Fans have short and selective memories. Didn't you know that?

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    At one time I did, but I forgot .....

Mooselini is offline Registered User

I'm more than sure most of us are aware of what he's done before. But that's not helping our team right now.

I have been a Bulger supporter. I always have, I always will be. He has let us down the past few games now...

I hope he gets his groove back, because we need it now more than ever.

I hope he gets back to those numbers he put up when he was the probowl QB. I think he still is, but he needs to have his weapons around him, which he doesn't.

Fix the team. He should be fine!

RealRam is offline Registered User

Originally Posted by AvengerRam
    At one time I did, but I forgot ... RamsInfiniti
    Good one!

In past threads Re. buddy Bulger I've mentioned that I'm afraid Marc may end up as a flash-in-the-pan QB. A couple of good seasons with a couple of great games. Why, he even made Madden's Horse Trailer one Monday night, I do recall.

I still support the man but right now **SIGH** MB kind of gives a good ring to the 'Bulger - Bennett' name$.

theodus69 is offline Registered User

And right to say Bulger was never a mediocore QB. As of the last few years, yes. Bulger is the product of a smooth oiled machine that is now in total breakdown. Bulger doesn't really lead or isn't the vocal leader type. So that in itself is mark bad MARC on him. i don't even see him going somewhere else and doing well. I think Bulger got a shot of a lifetime but really wasn't as good as some would think. oh well, move on ,eat the cap money and get a new gunslinger!!!!!!!!!
    I stopped going to the dentist.......I got tired of the cavity searches!

Falconator Guest

the "real future" starts for the Rams when they draft their franchise QB......if you don't want the future to start in 2009, by all means go ahead and draft an offensive tackle next year - maybe 2010 you guys can start over with a franchise QB

BIG-BLUE is offline Registered User

As I have said before Bulger is just simply the leftover by product of the GSOT. He needs all the talent around him to elevate his play. He simply does not have that superstar quality to elevate the play of those around him. Evident in the Dolphins game. As hard as his team mates tried, he just couldn't get it done. Bulger is not & never will be a top tier QB, he needs to be in a perfect situation for him to succeed. Sad to say tho we are stuck with him for next year. It's looking like 2 more years of high draft picks

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by theodus69 View Post
    And right to say Bulger was never a mediocore QB. As of the last few years, yes. Bulger is the product of a smooth oiled machine that is now in total breakdown. Bulger doesn't really lead or isn't the vocal leader type. So that in itself is mark bad MARC on him. i don't even see him going somewhere else and doing well. I think Bulger got a shot of a lifetime but really wasn't as good as some would think. oh well, move on ,eat the cap money and get a new gunslinger!!!!!!!!!
    May I ask what is wrong with the stoic leader? Not every good leader leads by screaming in everyone's face.

the "real future" starts for the Rams when they draft their franchise QB......if you don't want the future to start in 2009, by all means go ahead and draft an offensive tackle next year - maybe 2010 you guys can start over with a franchise QB
    Your proposed franchise QB was unable to helm his team to victory against quality opposition this year. Just in case you thought none of us watched the SEC.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by theodus
    Bulger doesn't really lead
    Theo, with ALL due respect, how could you possibly know this? What exactly has or has not been said by Bulger or others in the lockerroom, meeting rooms, sidelines, or elsewhere that leads you to this conclusion?
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

NY RAMFAN is offline Registered User

I'm sorry Mr. Infinity, I have to disagree with you in this one.
    Was Marc a superb QB, YES,
    Was he elite, YES
    Was he part of a great scoring machine, YES
    Did he win games by himself, YES
    Is he the same player he was a couple of years ago . . .
    I think not, but that's my opinion. I does think he needs help (like any other QB) specially from the OL, the TE, WR and he needs a steady running game, but we can't keep blaming everything else for his mistakes, he has a big part on this season's debacle.
    And what really upsets me (IF WHAT HE SAID WAS TRUE), is that he doesn't care what anybodyelse but his family and teammates say. If this was true, what are we, the fans?
    If we stick with the past, then call Jack YB to help the defense

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by theodus69 View Post
    And right to say Bulger was never a mediocore QB. As of the last few years, yes. Bulger is the product of a smooth oiled machine that is now in total breakdown.
    Quote Originally Posted by BIG-BLUE View Post
    As I have said before Bulger is just simply the leftover by product of the GSOT. He needs all the talent around him to elevate his play. He simply does not have that superstar quality to elevate the play of those around him.
    These same things could have been said about a guy who was booted out of St. Louis, left for dead by New York and banished to the bench and into obscurity in Arizona.

Hasn't Kurt Warner, who was as down and out as Bulger is now, maybe even more, proven that a signal caller with battered QB syndrome can return to an elite level when those around him give CONSISTENT, UNIFIED support??

I see no reason why Bulger can't do the same with the line, backfield and recieving corps all doing their jobs at the same time on a regular basis.

NY RAMFAN is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    Hasn't Kurt Warner, who was as down and out as Bulger is now, maybe even more, proven that a signal caller with battered QB syndrome can return to an elite level when those around him give CONSISTENT, UNIFIED support??

I see no reason why Bulger can't do the same with the line, backfield and receiving corps all doing their jobs at the same time on a regular basis.
    Hold on a second Mike, are you implying that Hightower is Faulk, Boldin Fitzgerald and Breaston are Holt, Bruce and Prohel/Ismail? I don't think so, the difference maker is the QB, is not fair to either of them to be compared to each other. From my point of view Kurt is way better than Marc at any given time of their careers.
    Would we loose if we had #13 instead of #10, probably yes, would we suck this much in offense though? we'll never know, I don't think so, but I have no empirical evidence to back this up.
    Also, remember that Kurt was benched and just when Leinart sucked he played again and start kicking ass, maybe that's what Marc needs, unfortunately our back up and 3rd string are no good.
    I'm sure that many of our problems resides in our OL, but many other are in Marc's head. I hope he can work his own issues and fast, because I wouldn't want to see $65mm spent on a QB with a 67% rate.

Quote Originally Posted by NY RAMFAN View Post
    I'm sorry Mr. Infinity, I have to disagree with you in this one.
    Was Marc a superb QB, YES,
    Was he elite, YES
    Was he part of a great scoring machine, YES
    Did he win games by himself, YES
    Is he the same player he was a couple of years ago . . .
    I think not, but that's my opinion. I does think he needs help (like any other QB) specially from the OL, the TE, WR and he needs a steady running game, but we can't keep blaming everything else for his mistakes, he has a big part on this season's debacle.
    And what really upsets me (IF WHAT HE SAID WAS TRUE), is that he doesn't care what anybodyelse but his family and teammates say. If this was true, what are we, the fans?
    If we stick with the past, then call Jack YB to help the defense

Not quite sure what you are "disagreeing" with me on here, considering this post was about Bulger's good play in the past. I gave no account on what I currently think of his play ...

Quote Originally Posted by BIG-BLUE View Post
    As I have said before Bulger is just simply the leftover by product of the GSOT. He needs all the talent around him to elevate his play. He simply does not have that superstar quality to elevate the play of those around him. Evident in the Dolphins game. As hard as his team mates tried, he just couldn't get it done. Bulger is not & never will be a top tier QB, he needs to be in a perfect situation for him to succeed. Sad to say tho we are stuck with him for next year. It's looking like 2 more years of high draft picks
    This is total BS ...

There was absolutely nothing GSOT about the team we fielded in 2006, when Bulger put up 4300 yards, 24 TDs, and 8 Int. That system was not even remotely similar to the one that Martz used ...

AND I WILL WRITE THIS IN BOLD, BECAUSE I HAVE YET TO SEE ONE POSTER THAT DISCOUNTS BULGER'S TALENT BE ABLE TO EXPLAIN HIS SUCCESS IN 2006 ....

The term "system" quarterback has always seemed a little riduculous to me. Aren't all quarterbacks, "system" quarterbacks? Joe Montana and Steve Young were WC system QB's. Look at Tom Brady. He put up the same very good numbers each year, but when you introduced him to Randy Moss, he broke records. John Elway had very average statistics until he was handed a great running game and great defenses to protect him when he took chances. "Systems" do not make quarterbacks: a quarterbacks ability to adapt to a "system" makes the "system" successful. No way Michael Vick succeeds in the GSOT Martz offense - he's not smart enough to understand the intricrate details of it. Neither was Jon Kitna or J.T. O' Sullivan. Jason Campbell is struggling with the WC system, the same system that Montana, Young, Hasselbeck, Favre, all look great in ....

Bulger has succeeded in two systems - the Martz system and the one that Linehan implemented in 2006. How many "systems" does he have to succeed in before he was just in the right place at the right time ...

What quarterback has ever won anything without the proper tools and weapons around him? Montana didn't win anything in K.C. Randall Cunningham looked like a hall of famer in Minnesota, was nothing more than above average in Philly. You gave any quarterback a very average line, no name running backs, and a combination of rookie/diminishing wide receivers, and they are going to struggle ...

Jim Everett was a top notch QB, until they began to dismantle everything around him. Then he was very average ...

Same ole story for many a QB in the history of this league ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast