Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RamWraith is offline Registered User

Bulger has had injured ribs for a few weeks

From Fanball

11/27 12:57 Rams: Bulger reveals rib injury
    The News
    Rams quarterback Marc Bulger left Sunday's win over the ***** for three plays just before halftime, with the given diagnosis being that he had the wind knocked out of him. Following the game, however, Bulger revealed that it was a bit more serious. "I've had a bruised rib," Bulger told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. "And he [***** defensive end Bryant Young] got me right on the spot. So it pretty much knocked the wind out of me, and I couldn't breathe. I couldn't get up."

Our View
    Bulger added that he has been taking pain-killing shots for "three or four weeks in a row now" in order to play through the rib injury. While we admire his courage, we must also point out that Bulger's production has tailed off dramatically over the past month. Perhaps there's a correlation?

bigredman is offline Registered User

Re: Bulger has had injured ribs for a few weeks

That was a dumb ass admission by Bulger. Now anytime a defender gets a hold of his ass, they will drive him to the ground through his rib cage. SHUT UP DUMMY! Sheeeeeesh. Regarding the production. Possibly, but it was due to poor play calling as well. Think about it. If our QB is hurting, why isn't Linehan relying more on running plays. Something doesn't add up here.
    Last edited by bigredman; -11-27-2006 at 09:06 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ramsanddodgers is offline Registered User

Bulger added that he has been taking pain-killing shots for "three or four weeks in a row now" in order to play through the rib injury. While we admire his courage, we must also point out that Bulger's production has tailed off dramatically over the past month. Perhaps there's a correlation?
    THAT could splain some things!

RnD

GO RAMS!!

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by bigredman View Post
    That was a dumb ass admission by Bulger. Now anytime a defender gets a hold of his ass, they will drive him to the ground through his rib cage. SHUT UP DUMMY! Sheeeeeesh.
    Defenders would do that anyways, besides that, the whole league saw Bulger get crushed in the ribs, so it wasn't exactly a big secret after that. Even if it has been a secret for a few previous weeks, it wasn't after that hit yesterday and the whole league saw it.
    Quote Originally Posted by RealRam
    What next, NFL gay players kissing on the mouth. To me it is S.O.S.: simply/obscene/sickening. Rest assured I will never cheer for a known homo player

theodus69 is offline Registered User

You never let anybody know you are hurt.........Period!!!!!! That's the #1 rule in sports....unless it's season ending of course .
    I stopped going to the dentist.......I got tired of the cavity searches!

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by theodus69 View Post
    You never let anybody know you are hurt.........Period!!!!!! That's the #1 rule in sports....unless it's season ending of course .
    He didn't, until it was totally obvious, so even if he didn't admit it, teams would still be taking shots at him after what they saw this past Sunday. I don't think it's as big a deal as being made by admitting it.
    Quote Originally Posted by RealRam
    What next, NFL gay players kissing on the mouth. To me it is S.O.S.: simply/obscene/sickening. Rest assured I will never cheer for a known homo player

MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP

Did anyone else see the phrase he said while throwing the ball on the sidelines after that hit? It went something like this..

"man I am f'd!".

My appoligies to the easily offended. I just wanted to see if anyone else caught that....

Joe

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

They release injury reports every week before games, so I don't understand this "you never let anyone know you're injured" logic. I mean, you're sort of required to in a lot of instances.

Guys are going to hit our quarterback regardless. I'm sure he revealed it because someone asked him what was up. For those that don't want him to reveal it, consider this is the first we've heard about it for a month.

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

I'm not saying Bulger should be bench. But I think we should seriously look at havin' him sit out a week or two just to get healthier.

Frerotte would do a nice job filling in, and it would make Bulger better for the playoffs
    RamsFan16

They release injury reports every week before games, so I don't understand this "you never let anyone know you're injured" logic. I mean, you're sort of required to in a lot of instances.
    Nick, I don't read the injury reports, but do they report all injuries or, so-and-so injured his whatever and is A) Out, B) Questionable,C) Probable, D) Wil play or just give the options without stating injuries.....

I'm not saying Bulger should be bench. But I think we should seriously look at havin' him sit out a week or two just to get healthier.
    RF16, A team (should?) always use th eplayers that in the coache's opinion gives them the best chance to win in any particular week. NFL players have a huge amount of egotism and pride (and incentives?) and want to play every down of every game. That and very few games do not have some potential impact on playoff races and the NFL wouuld frown on the appearance of maybe throwing a game to benefit one team's playoff chances over another's.

There is too much money invested in a skill player to allow them to play if they are in danger (more than just playing in an NFL game) of serious or career threatening injury.

RnD

GO RAMS!!
    Last edited by ramsanddodgers; -11-28-2006 at 12:25 AM.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by ramsanddodgers View Post
    Nick, I don't read the injury reports, but do they report all injuries or, so-and-so injured his whatever and is A) Out, B) Questionable,C) Probable, D) Wil play or just give the options without stating injuries.....
    Well, just read Linehan's Monday press conference for example. He lists a number of injuries, some serious and some not. Teams pay attention to this, so I don't know why Bulger should be quiet about hurting. Plus I believe teams are actually obligated to release injury information when someone is hurt, at least saying they are in fact hurt. I seem to recall Belichick being in a bit of trouble for not disclosing injuries, and it seems he tries to get around it by just calling everyone questionable.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Well, just read Linehan's Monday press conference for example. He lists a number of injuries, some serious and some not. Teams pay attention to this, so I don't know why Bulger should be quiet about hurting. Plus I believe teams are actually obligated to release injury information when someone is hurt, at least saying they are in fact hurt. I seem to recall Belichick being in a bit of trouble for not disclosing injuries, and it seems he tries to get around it by just calling everyone questionable.

Right,

A team cannot purposely mislead, by use of injury reports, another team as to who they need to prepare game plan for.

Where the fine line is I haven't a clue. If Bulger's ribs were an issue and it wasn't disclosed the opponents would have to prepare a game plan to defense or take advantage of said injuries.

RnD

GO RAMS!!

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

Maybe he did it practising being more demonstrative.

Could have been a high five or something...................

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

maybe he DOESNT have bad ribs and is saying it to stop opposing defenders from hitting his shoulder...

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by tomahawk247 View Post
    maybe he DOESNT have bad ribs and is saying it to stop opposing defenders from hitting his shoulder...
    Tee hee, good one Tomahawk!!

WHAT SAY YE?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast