ramsanddodgers is offline Registered User

Bulger needs help to win

I do not regard myself a "Bulger Hater" but I definitely do not lap up the kool-aid he serves,either.

I saw this on another message board and thought it pretty much summed up my feelings. It was posted by someone who calls himself Psycho_X.

Psycho_X

Ok, yes Bulger is not a hall of fame QB. He will not win games by himself. Have there been QBs capable of such tasks? Sure there have been a couple in the history of the game. I don't think anyone here thinks Bulger is Dan Marino or whoever you can come up with out of the hall of fame.

Bulger needs his team to do their assignments. He needs pass protection. He needs WRs to run hot routes on blitzes instead of trying to do a deep route that takes 4 seconds to develop. He needs at least one RB able to move the line of scrimmage some. He needs at least one TE capable of being a receiver. He needs HELP! That much we can all agree on.

He will not win a game by himself. He will not make the people around him better like a few QBs in the history of the game could. No he is not a hall of fame QB. 32 teams wish they had a hall of fame QB that could do just that. But they can't cause it rarely exists.

What we have is a QB who is a pro bowler when everyone around him does their jobs accordingly. We have a QB that will get the ball deep to WRs when they are open. We have a QB that is accurate when able to throw out of the pocket without 300 lb defensive lineman rolling towards his legs or head. We have a QB who needs HELP!!!

It's that simple. You can pray to Jeebus for a hall of fame QB to sprout out of Bulger's rear one day or you can be thankful we have a pro bowl QB and start hoping we fix our interior line, the young WRs stay healthy and get a whole training camp under their belt, and that Jackson can stay healthy or we find a competent backup that can.

RnD

GO RAMS!!

DistantRam Guest

Re: Bulger needs help to win

I, too, largely agree with that, although there may be a case for asking for the fourth paragraph to be re-written in the past tense....

Truth is offline Registered User

I agree. Thanks for posting this.
    That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

I don't understand why this is such a difficult concept to grasp. We've all seen what Bulger can do when he gets REASONABLE support from his teammates. There is no doubt that he needs to step his game up and do a better job, but when he is not getting protection, has no running game to speak of, is dealing with rookie wide receivers who are still trying to learn the offense and is constantly being put in a hole because of penalties, he's not going to be able to produce at his normal level. Hopefully some of these factors change, but if they don't, he is not going to meet his detractors expectations.

Nice post R&D.

Mooselini Guest

Don't worry, the people who think Bulger "sux" will not agree with this.

Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User

This article is spot on i believe. this is a team, without support from your surrounding teamates things fall apart and you cant perform to your full ability.