Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    jjigga3000 is online now Registered User

Bulger is Not the Problem...

Boller had a way worse game than Bulger ever had. This offense has never looked this bad with Bulger at the helm. Yes Boller can make plays with his legs, but we need plays with his arm. That being said, and I'm a strong Bulger supporter, it's time to give the rookie a chance and see what we have in him, see if he's the QB of the future this season is over unless we bring Jeff Garcia in.

Jockelite is offline Registered User

Re: Bulger is Not the Problem...

Time to join the Bradford sweepstakes.

Mooselini is offline Registered User

I don't want to throw a rookie into the volcano. "Fire" is too light of a term to describe this offensive mess. I hate to say it, but let Bulger take the beatings until we get everything fixed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Devaney, if you care about this team... fire the offensive coordinator!!!!

dgr828 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by jjigga3000 View Post
    Boller had a way worse game than Bulger ever had. This offense has never looked this bad with Bulger at the helm. Yes Boller can make plays with his legs, but we need plays with his arm. That being said, and I'm a strong Bulger supporter, it's time to give the rookie a chance and see what we have in him, see if he's the QB of the future this season is over unless we bring Jeff Garcia in.
    Don't try to put Bulger over on Boller. Bulger still SUX and his Shut out was worse than Bollers...Surely you Jest!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by dgr828 View Post
    Don't try to put Bulger over on Boller. Bulger still SUX and his Shut out was worse than Bollers...Surely you Jest!!!
    You gotta be kidding me if you're saying that the loss to the SeaHawks is worse than this loss today.

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

I think it's safe to say this teams troubles go beyond just the QB position,there is surely enough blame to go around.

makersncoke is offline Registered User

I don't think that one loss can be better or worse than another, it's still a loss no matter who is the QB. It's the same result regardless of if Boller or Bulger is taking the snaps, when the D-line is two steps into the backfield before your QB can complete a five step drop your in trouble and it doesn't matter who is taking the snaps. On the rare occasion that Kyle or Marc has the time to set up and throw our recievers aren't skilled enough to get open. How many times today did we see Boller get sacked or Jackson get met in the backfield and there be 3 O linemen standing there to help them up? Someone needs to show these turds how to block, I've never seen a group that can't sustain a block any longer than they can. Don't mean to sound so negative but it's the same thing every week, something has got to change soon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Fortuninerhater is online now Registered User

You gotta be kidding me if you're saying that the loss to the SeaHawks is worse than this loss today.
    I'd like to know what difference does it make? We looked horrible in both games. Is this how bad it's gotten?

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by jkramsfan View Post
    I think it's safe to say this teams troubles go beyond just the QB position,there is surely enough blame to go around.
    That's the only staement in this thread that makes any sense to me. Boller DID make some mistakes that Bulger probably wouldn't; the INT would have got an "F" in Football 101, but he DID, as most of us thought he would, keep some plays alive under duress with his legs & throw a few good passes while doing it that Bulger probably wouldn't.

The O-line?! Mixed bag. Ironically, the example that comes to mind is the Boller pick. Kyle had good protection on that play; he just couldn't find the open guy in time. Too many runs outside when both our OTs are struggling ,etc.

Every player on that offense looked like they were on a different page at times & some looked like their page had stick figures drawn by a slow 4-year-old on them.

No, this was neither worse nor better than The Hags shutout but it was different,eg the DL played much better today.

We didn't so much lose this game as commit suicide,imo. You do realize that The Whiner offense didn't score until 7 mins to go in the 3rd Q? Injuries, stupid mistakes, asinine gameplans, & just the pressure of a good D and some good plays by a team that is just more talented & healthier at the moment,on the road, has had more stability in personnel and coaching, etc,etc?

Let's deal with the real team-wide issues rather than obsessing over one position. Or we could just wallow & bicker. LOL

It make's no difference we need a new QB plain and simple. I think at this point to try and salvage the season somewhat let's bring in Garcia. He knows the system.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Boller turns the ball over too much to be the QB of this team We cant survive turnovers, so we need to keep them at a minimum, and Boller cant do that

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

It make's no difference we need a new QB plain and simple. I think at this point to try and salvage the season somewhat let's bring in Garcia. He knows the system.
    You don't think that's like giving a cane to someone who needs months of physical rehab before he can walk?

The only singular change I think could make a short term difference would be at OC. We need a better diagnosis of the patient before we can find a cure.

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Bulger is Not the Problem...
    Agreed, and this is the point that some of us have been trying to make for a while now.

Bulger certainly played some bad football in 2007 and 2008, but it was pretty evident that bigger problems existed on this team than at the QB position. Furthermore, it was clear in 2007 and 2008 that simply changing quarterbacks didn't solve everything, and it doesn't appear to be the silver bullet this time around, either.

I think at this point in their careers, Bulger is a solid player, and Boller is a solid back-up, but neither of them are good enough to lift this team above their countless deficiencies and mistakes. And truth be told, I wonder if any quarterback in the NFL would be capable of doing so.

If any quarterback is going to find real success on this team, then these other areas - lack of talent at receiver and tight end, pass protection issues, playcalling - are going to have to be addressed. Scapegoating the quarterback just isn't the solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    lack of talent at receiver and tight end, pass protection issues, playcalling - are going to have to be addressed.
    I'd have to say after watching these past 4 games we can all conclude that it is the playcalling.

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

I'd have to say after watching these past 4 games we can all conclude that it is the playcalling.
    It's not just ONE thing, though. It's a lot of things, playcalling included.

Improvements in one area may result in some short term success, but I doubt it will be sustainable. That's why a change at quarterback in last week's second quarter only created a short term spark that hasn't lasted. Maybe you'll have sparks here or there, but the overall package is pretty bad and needs major revamping if that's going to change.

The Rams need better protection and blocking from their offensive line, better play and probably more talent at receiver, and an offensive gameplan that actually punishes teams for loading the box against Jackson. Right now there's no incentive to not stack the box against the Rams. Receiver screens and play action passes are nice, but downfield passes would help. Especially with Avery's deep speed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast