RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Bulger is one tough S.O.B.! And other rants.

Say what you want about the Bulger injury, but he is one of the toughest S.O.B.'s I've ever seen ...

If it is legit and he was out there playing with 2 broken ribs, this guy cannot feel pain. Ever thrown a football? The rotational motion of the upper body pretty much rolls through every rib. I cannot see how he got threw the game without folding into the fetal position ...

It's hard to say how much role he had in the decision to play on Sunday. I would imagine he pushed very hard to be out there. Marc is a becoming an awesome leader, and seeing that emerge is a positive for me, no matter what else happens ...

I didn't even see him grimice in pain once Sunday ...

I'm just getting worried and saddened by this season. I see Torry and Ike out there and just think about how in a few years they'll both be gone, and Marc will probably be there not too long behind. These guys DESERVE to win again, as they'll all been dedicated to this program and have been through alot to get where they are. I hope everyone wakes up before it's too late ...

I like the look of our defense. When all our starters get back, particularly in the secondary, I think we are going to have a very solid young group of guys. We need a little depth, and a safety to replace Chavous, and we'll be just fine ...

It's hard to believe we are the seventh ranked defensive unit in the league, and 25th offensively. Never thought I would see that day, what a waste of offensive talent. The offensive coaches on this team must be embarrassed. I don't care how many people are hurt, or how many interceptions we get, we need to start tossing the ball downfield. Ask yourself this question:

How many times have we thrown a dig route or a post pattern downfield and not had a completion or a DPI? We have success just about everytime we try to go downfield. It sickens me, because I watched Cincinatti play the Squaks this weekend and saw Carson Palmer throw rocket after rocket after rocket to Chad Johnson and T.J. HOOSH-MAN-ZA-DUH all day long. They don't even have a capable third or fourth receiver and rarely go to the tight end. Yet, they have success throwing downfield to the same two receivers time and time again. I will never understand why we aren't doing this, and we have a much larger magnitude of capable weapons and offensive depth. Hasselbeck doesn't have near the talent at receiver that we do, yet they throw downfield time and time and time again. BTW, as much as I hate Hasselbeck, he throws an extremely pretty ball, just about every pass he makes. Philly is doing the same, as is Houston, and they all have less talent at WR then we do.

After seeing the strategy against Tampa, I no longer have TRUST in our coaches on the offensive side. Haslett is a completely different stories, as I think he has done wonders considering the injuries and suspensions on that side of the ball. But offensively, when you use a gameplan that is not even consistent with what has had success against the Cover-2 in the past, I just don't know what to say. Everyone will tell you that you have to spread the Cover-2 out to have success. And what do we do? We run stay routes and throw short to the sideline and successfuly crowd the Cover-2 D and allow them to wreck havoc against us ...

IF WE DON'T EVEN HAVE A FUNDAMENTALLY SOUND GAMEPLAN, HOW CAN WE SUCCEED?

I think we have little chance to beat the Cowboys in Dallas after the Tampa game. To beat them I think we have to:

1. Throw long over and over again.
    2. Blitz often.
    3. Get creative.

With the Tampa game plan, we'll lose by 35. I wonder if the coaches will be smart enough to realize the success we had throwing deep against the *****. I'd say highly unlikely ...

Thank God Incognito should be back this week. And why the hell haven't we signed Timmerman?

Sorry for the rant, just frustrated ....

Fargo Ram Fan is offline Registered User

Re: Bulger is one tough S.O.B.! And other rants.

Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    Thank God Incognito should be back this week. And why the hell haven't we signed Timmerman?
    I understand they are looking for another TE, who they WONT throw the ball to.
    "You people point your 'f'in' finger and say theres the bad guy....what that make you....good?" Tony Montana

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Does that surprise you at all? Like I said, I am truly losing confidence in those running this team ...

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    Say what you want about the Bulger injury, but he is one of the toughest S.O.B.'s I've ever seen ...

If it is legit and he was out there playing with 2 broken ribs, this guy cannot feel pain. Ever thrown a football? The rotational motion of the upper body pretty much rolls through every rib. I cannot see how he got threw the game without folding into the fetal position ...
    It's actually fairly simple how he got through the game, pain killers.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Fargo Ram Fan View Post
    I understand they are looking for another TE, who they WONT throw the ball to.
    What? Don't we already have 4? Is this a TE of the 350lbs and defensive end killing variety?

Go get an offensive line!