Bruce=GOAT is offline Registered User

Bulger out Sunday

According to the PD, Bulger is out and Berlin will start. Here is an excerpt:

Quarterback Marc Bulger did not feel well following meetings Thursday, and is now listed as questionable for Sunday’s game in Cincinnati.

By official NFL definition, "questionable" means a player has a 50-50 chance of playing in that week’s game.

But two sources have told the Post-Dispatch that Bulger will not play Sunday. That means Brock Berlin -- who has yet to throw a pass or play in a regular-season game -- will make his first NFL start.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Bulger out Sunday

Oh! this ought to be interesting...:x

The offensive play book just got alot thinner.

1. Steven Jackson-right
    2. Steven Jackson-middle
    3. Steven Jackson-left

supachump is offline Registered User

I think this is time to get creative. Linehan should test out every trick in the book. Now that Bulger is going to be out, we don't have to worry about hurting him.

Brock gets a chance to make a mark and perhaps we can see what is in Linehans playbook. Not that I want to see Brock get hurt. But let's face it. This season is over. Time to try some things you wouldn't normally try.

I hope it just isn't run after run after run after run. Let's be creative! 5 blockers, everyone else go out for a pass!!

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Maybe if we ask nicely, the Bengals will let us start Fitzpatrick.:x

RamWraith is offline Registered User

Sources: Bulger won't play Sunday
    By Jim Thomas
    ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH
    12/07/2007

Quarterback Marc Bulger did not feel well following meetings Thursday, and is now listed as questionable for Sunday’s game in Cincinnati.

By official NFL definition, "questionable" means a player has a 50-50 chance of playing in that week’s game.

But two sources have told the Post-Dispatch that Bulger will not play Sunday. That means Brock Berlin -- who has yet to throw a pass or play in a regular-season game -- will make his first NFL start.

Coach Scott Linehan said early Friday afternoon that he will decide what to do at quarterback within the next 12 to 24 hours.

Backup quarterback Gus Frerotte also is out with a partially torn labrum in his right (throwing) shoulder.

"Marc had really what I thought were two very good practices Wednesday and Thursday, but that’s the objective part," Linehan said. "I guess the subjective part is he didn’t feel really good after (Thursday) afternoon’s meetings.

"Because of that, it puts some questions in my mind as to whether or not he should be cleared to play. . . .We’re not going to put a guy out on the field if there’s any doubt whatsoever when it comes to these kinds of injuries. Or any injuries."

Linehan knows better than most when it comes to the risk of playing with concussions. His brother Ron passed away two years ago from Alzheimer’s disease following a football career in which he had numerous concussions.

Bulger suffered a concussion Nov. 25 against Seattle and didn’t play last week against Atlanta. He passed a neuropsych, or baseline test, this Tuesday, which cleared him to practice.

A final decision on whether Bulger would play against Cincinnati had been expected Friday. Once a player is cleared to practice, it’s normally routine for a player to play in the next game.

But Bulger, who has played with rib, knee and shoulder injuries _ among others _ over the course of his NFL career, said earlier in the week that he would be very careful in dealing with an injury to his head.

"There was certainly no reason until yesterday afternoon to believe he wasn’t going to play," Linehan said. "But based on how he felt physically, it changed. So we told Brock to get ready (Thursday) afternoon at the end of the meeting and he took a number of snaps (Friday)."

The Rams also signed Todd Bouman for quarterback insurance, and Bouman was on the practice field Friday. Linehan plans to consult further with team doctors and athletic trainers on Bulger’s condition.

Linehan said Bulger told him Thursday afternoon that he "just didn’t feel right."

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

If I remember right, Berlin isn't as flashy as some, but seems a little more consistent. Dull and consistent.

But, hey, with our O-line, consistent is something we would all like to see.

rammiser is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    Oh! this ought to be interesting...:x

The offensive play book just got alot thinner.

1. Steven Jackson-right
    2. Steven Jackson-middle
    3. Steven Jackson-left
    Dont forget the pitch sweep right and left those plays always work
    Also throw in a couple of fake reverses too, those are good plays as well. :x

I'd rather see Bulger just sit out the rest of the year, not because of the draft status but because I dont want to see him get another concussion before the year is through and see his career shortened because of concussions. I had a concussion when I was young and it was very serious. Give the guy the rest of the year off and give him a fresh start next year.
    Just Fix It

hang on, this is Lineham we are talking about ........ for get the left and middle runs ...... it will just be, run right on 2, run right on 1, run right on hut ....

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by RamDez View Post
    hang on, this is Lineham we are talking about ........ for get the left and middle runs ...... it will just be, run right on 2, run right on 1, run right on hut ....
    Nonsense !!! Berlin has quick feet and good speed. I can't remember his forty time, but I know it was under 6 seconds. Furthermore he has a real mini-cannon and can throw it up to 15 yds on a tight rope. Look for Linehan to open the playbook wide .. Hopefully Scott won't ruin his nice-guy image by running it up on the poor Bengals ...