supachump is offline Registered User

Is Bulger Playing it Too Safe?

There seems to be less and less passes over a few yards. I haven't watched the fortyniners game for a second time, but I remember very few passes past 10 yards (that were completed).

Now, since Bulger is asked to be more careful with his options- are we seeing too much hesitation? The passing game has gotten very limited. I can't imagine that Holt, Bruce, and Curtis are being covered THAT well.

I know the O line isn't exactly in good shape, but Bulger seemed to have some time yesterday to make a pass further than 4-9 yards. His few longer passes seemed to be off target and maybe he is a little gunshy.

theodus69 is offline Registered User

Re: Is Bulger Playing it Too Safe?

I think the Rams are taking the sure footed approach and getting it done by inches instead of big yards. The win against the whiners was huge to me! The season is not gone but close! Jackson looked great and I think the whole season has been kind of a hit miss get to know the coach and his expectations. We should see a strong finish and a better year next year!
    I stopped going to the dentist.......I got tired of the cavity searches!

Rambos is online now Registered User

The way we gave up sacks last week might have something to do we getting the ball out fast. The O line is a not the best right now.

VegasRam is offline Ram MVP

It's funny. It seems like when the receiver has two guys on him, Bulger's right there, but when the guys wide open, he overthrows him.

He missed a wide open holt yesterday, and twice in the 'Hawks game. Too bad.:\
    "the Heart Lies and the Head Plays Tricks with us, but the Eyes See True".

laram0 is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by supachump View Post
    There seems to be less and less passes over a few yards. I haven't watched the fortyniners game for a second time, but I remember very few passes past 10 yards (that were completed).

Now, since Bulger is asked to be more careful with his options- are we seeing too much hesitation? The passing game has gotten very limited. I can't imagine that Holt, Bruce, and Curtis are being covered THAT well.

I know the O line isn't exactly in good shape, but Bulger seemed to have some time yesterday to make a pass further than 4-9 yards. His few longer passes seemed to be off target and maybe he is a little gunshy.
    Marc is following orders from Linehan....Protect the ball.

VegasRam is offline Ram MVP

Agreed, but still doesn't explain overthrows on open receivers, especially with yesterday's UNDERTHROW for an INT.
    "the Heart Lies and the Head Plays Tricks with us, but the Eyes See True".

live4ramin is online now Registered User

The thing is we have to game plan to keep the godawful defense off the field. So it's like speech class, talk....very.....slowly.
    The break, don't bend offense.

general counsel is offline Registered User

LaRam hit the nail on the head. Bulger is following linehans orders. As far as the miss of the open holt, a play that i thought symbolized our last five games, bulger had to let go of the ball early because he was under pressure, thus, the miss.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

ramsbruce is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post
    LaRam hit the nail on the head. Bulger is following linehans orders. As far as the miss of the open holt, a play that i thought symbolized our last five games, bulger had to let go of the ball early because he was under pressure, thus, the miss.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    GC also hit the nail on the head with Bulger having to throw it early on that one play to Holt because of the pressure.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

In addition to constant pressure and a shorter pass scheme within the offense, Bulger has had some rib problems he's been dealing with the last few games. He took a big hit right on the sore spot which not only aggravated the injury and knocked the wind out of him, but very well could have affected his throwing motion on the deep routes. Regardless, he shook it off and once again showed his warrior toughness on that final scoring drive, including a nice 20 yard completion to Ike.