Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Bulger signs 6 year deal

Quote Originally Posted by LDJOHN55 View Post
    Is this team jinxed or snakebitten? I don't want to go into the depressing spiral about how soft Mark Bulger is, because then I begin saying the same thing about Avery and so on. Bulger is not inspirational at all; he should drop down on his knees every day and give thanks that St. Louis is sucker enough to keep him around. He sucks!!!
    Did you watch the game? He dropped to his knees virtually every time he dropped back to pass after getting creamed. For a soft guy, he somehow managed to get up after every hit and actually had very good numbers.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Tell you what, I feel sorry for my buddy Marc. For the most part he's had to cope and deal with some weak support around his Rams offense teams, getting smacked in the process of building / rebuilding. ...I didn't see the game today at D.C. and I just got here to read all about it but it seems it was another l o n g day for MB.

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

I have always tried to be objective regarding Marc Bulger- not always an easy task for any fan when discussing the team's quarterback. And I've generally been a supporter over the years. But I seriously think some of you are delusional.

Marc Bulger is hardly the main reason the Rams lost today. But this idea that the Rams line was horrific today and that Bulger put up great numbers is laughable. The Redskins had 1 SACK today. Bulger was 15-28 for 123 yards. We scored 7 points- one week after being shut out. Our offensive line- while certainly below par on many occasions- is not giving up 10 sacks a game and playing terribly on every play. They opened enough holes to help Steven Jackson run for over 100 yards. Marc Bulger has got to start putting up 220-250 yard passing games occasionally and making something happen offensively.

There are certainly other issues offensively. Avery has been invisible and played a huge part in the loss today. No one else on the receiver corps is a proven player. Both directly affect Bulger's ability to be effective. But let's stop the "It's not Bulger's fault" fairytales. He's as much to blame as anyone else on the offense, and as the quarterback, he's gonna' take the brunt of the criticism- fairly or unfairly-. It comes with the territory.

Rambos is offline Registered User

YES!! This is so what I wanted to hear!!
    I'm still glad they did.Last I looked he did not fumble Avery did. Still he is not the problem.

theodus69 is offline Registered User

The Rams with the first pick of the NFL draft select..................A QB.
    I stopped going to the dentist.......I got tired of the cavity searches!

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post
    Marc Bulger is hardly the main reason the Rams lost today. But this idea that the Rams line was horrific today and that Bulger put up great numbers is laughable. The Redskins had 1 SACK today. Bulger was 15-28 for 123 yards. We scored 7 points- one week after being shut out. Our offensive line- while certainly below par on many occasions- is not giving up 10 sacks a game and playing terribly on every play.
    I'm certainly not saying the OL was horrible today, but the fact is that Bulger was clobbered all day. Despite that, he stood in the pocket and delivered.

Rambos is offline Registered User

The fact that Randy dropped a TD does not help.

The Redskins had 1 SACK today
    Hit often and had guys in his face.

01d 0rd3r is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post
    Marc Bulger is hardly the main reason the Rams lost today. But this idea that the Rams line was horrific today and that Bulger put up great numbers is laughable. The Redskins had 1 SACK today. Bulger was 15-28 for 123 yards. We scored 7 points- one week after being shut out. Our offensive line- while certainly below par on many occasions- is not giving up 10 sacks a game and playing terribly on every play. They opened enough holes to help Steven Jackson run for over 100 yards. Marc Bulger has got to start putting up 220-250 yard passing games occasionally and making something happen offensively.
    Im a huge bulger fan and ill admit that he could have won the game with a pass to robinson on the last play, you can blame him for that play he should see a wr sprinting across the middle. But anyone putting the majority of the blame on bulger after today has a laughable arguments at best

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by rams2061 View Post
    I meant to post this last week when Seattle blew us out, 28-0. Bulger is nothing more than a back up, if even that. And to say he had a good game against the Redskins, the Redskins sucks.
    I'm sure Washington and San Francisco would love to have Bulger. To pin this on Bulger is ludicrous. Again.

Of course I'm sure you're in the "We players like Incognito because he is intense" camp.

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by theodus69 View Post
    The Rams with the first pick of the NFL draft select..................A QB.
    And based on popular demand here, A QB who has put up numbers in a completely different offensive system than what we have and one that has yet to produce a solid NFL starter.

So we draft a QB 3 years later as well. And continue to thrash about in futile oblivion.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

LinkBacks (?)

1. -01-06-2008, 08:04 PM