Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 36
  1. #1
    general counsel's Avatar
    general counsel is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    atlanta, georgia
    Age
    52
    Posts
    5,538
    Rep Power
    81

    bulger still gets no respect

    the latest qb ranking by espn has bulger #13, behind pennington, rivers, grossman, favre, and brees. That is a joke. As the gms in the nlf to name the qbs that they would rather have over bulger. You want to name manning, brady, mcnabb, fine, name them. Hasselbeck? A push as far as i am concerned.

    Pennington haslimited arm strength and never has thrown a good deep ball. Grossman has done it for half a season! Rivers has done it for three games. Brees? Not bad, but not as good as bulger. Favre? Not at this point in his career no matter how sacriligous it sounds to the butt kissing media. Vick? Not me, i think matt schaub is a better all around qb. Eli Manning? I dont think so. Lacks the experience and he is not as consistent.

    The disrespect is a joke, the good news is that i dont think bulger cares at all, he just does his job. We need to get to the playoffs and have him take us through looking like the stud he is for him to get real recognition. If we could only pass protect especially up the middle consistently and solidly, he would be a first team all nfc qb year in year out.

    ramming speed to all

    general counsel



  2. #2
    AvengerRam's Avatar
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Longwood, Florida, United States
    Age
    46
    Posts
    18,513
    Rep Power
    167

    Re: bulger still gets no respect

    In the past, I think many considered him a "system QB." Maybe people haven't noticed yet how well he's doing in a new system. Or, perhaps they attribute his success to having Holt, Bruce and Co. to throw to.

    Whatever the reason, he's WAY underrated. Right now, I think he's clearly a top 10 QB in the league.

  3. #3
    laram0's Avatar
    laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Age
    57
    Posts
    9,171
    Rep Power
    108

    Re: bulger still gets no respect

    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    In the past, I think many considered him a "system QB." Maybe people haven't noticed yet how well he's doing in a new system. Or, perhaps they attribute his success to having Holt, Bruce and Co. to throw to.

    Whatever the reason, he's WAY underrated. Right now, I think he's clearly a top 10 QB in the league.
    Top 10 ? I was thinking more like top 5.

  4. #4
    general counsel's Avatar
    general counsel is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    atlanta, georgia
    Age
    52
    Posts
    5,538
    Rep Power
    81

    Re: bulger still gets no respect

    Bulger has one and only one shortcoming that i can see and that is his lack of mobility. Notwithstanding the foregoing, he is nifty quick inside the pocket itself and isnt a statue like a bledsoe or a warner, but he isnt going to win a lot of foot races. There are times i think he should pull the ball down and take off, that he can actually scramble for first downs at times. I mention this only as a weakness in the context of considering him at the very top level of qbs.

    In fairness, i should also point out that his open field tackling skills leave A LOT to be desired.

    ramming speed to all

    general counsel


  5. #5
    laram0's Avatar
    laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Age
    57
    Posts
    9,171
    Rep Power
    108

    Re: bulger still gets no respect

    Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post
    Bulger has one and only one shortcoming that i can see and that is his lack of mobility. Notwithstanding the foregoing, he is nifty quick inside the pocket itself and isnt a statue like a bledsoe or a warner, but he isnt going to win a lot of foot races. There are times i think he should pull the ball down and take off, that he can actually scramble for first downs at times. I mention this only as a weakness in the context of considering him at the very top level of qbs.

    In fairness, i should also point out that his open field tackling skills leave A LOT to be desired.

    ramming speed to all

    general counsel
    Who would you rank higher than Bulger?

  6. #6
    jkramsfan's Avatar
    jkramsfan is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Destin,Fl.
    Age
    50
    Posts
    3,507
    Rep Power
    44

    Re: bulger still gets no respect

    GC,it is very frustrating for rams fans that bulger gets no respect,but neither do the rams,the media trashes the rams any chance they get,except for a select few.sad to say but bulger will have to win the super bowl to get the respect he deserves,i mean this guy threw for 4 td's in the pro bowl,i know its the pro bowl but still he did it in a little more than 1 qtr.this has nothing to do with his playing but he's a hell of a nice guy to.

  7. #7
    ramsplaya16's Avatar
    ramsplaya16 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    coral springs. Florida
    Age
    22
    Posts
    881
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: bulger still gets no respect

    The only QB's ahead of bulger IMO, are McNabb, Peyton Manning, and Tom Brady
    Built RAM tough

  8. #8
    r8rh8rmike's Avatar
    r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    29 Palms, Ca.
    Age
    55
    Posts
    11,289
    Rep Power
    127

    Re: bulger still gets no respect

    Quote Originally Posted by general council
    The disrespect is a joke, the good news is that i dont think bulger cares at all, he just does his job.
    It's hard for me to expect much respect from the media or anyone else for Bulger when many Ram fans were ready to throw him on the trash heap just a few short weeks ago. There even remains some who still can't accept him as the great QB he was, is, and will continue to be. All he does is help the Rams win and put up impressive stats, which continue to improve week after week.

    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam
    In the past, I think many considered him a "system QB." Maybe people haven't noticed yet how well he's doing in a new system.
    This always seemed like such a rediculous notion to me. Funny how those who were saying this early in the season have retreated back into the woodwork.

  9. #9
    Rambos's Avatar
    Rambos is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Cali
    Age
    50
    Posts
    8,988
    Rep Power
    74

    Re: bulger still gets no respect

    rivers
    How many starts does this kid have? Rivers, Rivers. Come on Rivers.

  10. #10
    laram0's Avatar
    laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Age
    57
    Posts
    9,171
    Rep Power
    108

    Re: bulger still gets no respect

    Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    How many starts does this kid have? Rivers, Rivers. Come on Rivers.
    Cry me a river.

  11. #11
    Fat Pang's Avatar
    Fat Pang is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    1,603
    Rep Power
    64

    Re: bulger still gets no respect

    Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    It's hard for me to expect much respect from the media or anyone else for Bulger when many Ram fans were ready to throw him on the trash heap just a few short weeks ago. There even remains some who still can't accept him as the great QB he was, is, and will continue to be. All he does is help the Rams win and put up impressive stats, which continue to improve week after week.
    Dead on as usual Mike. How can we expect the media to give him Kudos when, if they were to look at this site some days, people seem reluctant to confirm him as our undisputed leader.

    As for the "System QB" tag, isn't every QB a "System QB"? Not many of them freelance out there.

  12. #12
    Rambos's Avatar
    Rambos is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Cali
    Age
    50
    Posts
    8,988
    Rep Power
    74

    Re: bulger still gets no respect

    Cry me a river.
    Funny, I was think Playoffs? Playoffs?

    River? Rivers?

    He is not even in the same... never mind.

  13. #13
    MadMadigan's Avatar
    MadMadigan is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    33
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: bulger still gets no respect

    Anyone with a reasonable knowledge of the game knows Bulger is one of the top QB's in the league. Most sports writers are biased idiots and only see wins and losses as a basis for a QB's abilities. Look at David Carr, he's never even mentioned, But if he was on a much better team. Everyone and mostly sports writers would be on his bandwagon.

  14. #14
    bigredman's Avatar
    bigredman is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    El Paso, Texas
    Age
    57
    Posts
    1,815
    Rep Power
    61

    Re: bulger still gets no respect

    You know why Bulger gets no respect? Because he's so calm and quiet. The guy is so stoic, he begs to be unnoticed. The media loves an extrovert. Look at Bret Favre. In my opinion, the guy is, and always has been, a mediocre QB, but he head butts his linemen, jumps around and pumps his fists when they score or a good play happens, and he's vocal about his team and the NFL. That's why the media loves Bret Favre, and ignores Bulger. Even the relatively quiet Joe Montana was media savvy (the John Candy sighting mention during the Super Bowl). Face it, we have a boring, but talented QB on the Rams. That's OK guys. The last time they took the Ram's QB for granted, we won a Super Bowl!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  15. #15
    Nick's Avatar
    Nick is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Morgantown, WV
    Age
    31
    Posts
    19,321
    Rep Power
    153

    Re: bulger still gets no respect

    Honestly I'd probably rank him fifth right now behind Manning, Brady, McNabb, and Palmer. But I think you can make a reasonable case to be him as low as seventh behind Hasselbeck and Brees as well. That being said, there's no way he's out of the top eight, and no way he's behind guys like Pennington, Rivers, Grossman, Lord Favre, or the other Manning brother. Mike Vick? Has this guy even had one year where he's been a statistically good passer? Name appeal only!
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!



Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •