Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: bulger still gets no respect

MARC BULGER=The SILENT ASASSIN !

general counsel is offline Registered User

i think bulger is either the most underated or second most underated. i think david carr is an outstanding qb. the guy has been murdered in the extreme since he got into the league. I think on the right team, he would be an immediate superstar.

Hasselbeck was as underated as bulger until a year ago. Getting to the sb changed that for him and the same thing will happen for bulger when he gets us to the big dance.

who would i rather have than bulger? Peyton manning for sure. Other than that the only possibles are mcnabb, carson palmer and brady, and i would trade bulger straight up for brady right now. I think bulger is a lot more accurate.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

MadMadigan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post
    i think bulger is either the most underated or second most underated. i think david carr is an outstanding qb. the guy has been murdered in the extreme since he got into the league. I think on the right team, he would be an immediate superstar.

Hasselbeck was as underated as bulger until a year ago. Getting to the sb changed that for him and the same thing will happen for bulger when he gets us to the big dance.

who would i rather have than bulger? Peyton manning for sure. Other than that the only possibles are mcnabb, carson palmer and brady, and i would trade bulger straight up for brady right now. I think bulger is a lot more accurate.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    IMO Hassleback isnt even in the same league as Bulger, Personally i think MH is overrated

Alot of People think Rivers is Overrated and in the same sentence they say we have one of the worse WR corpse in the league. Honestly our WR are not very good IMO, they are under average. So how is a QB overrated working with what we have to work with. Gates may be great but if you look he is getting equal time as Parker and McCardell. Overrated? I wonder what he could do with Bruce and Holt?

Milan is offline Registered User

Nobody's going to give any Rams player any coverage or respect until they start complaining about losses and how they aren't getting the ball enough publicly.

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post
    I have had my eye on David Carr also, but I get confused about my interest in him, because he is very nice to look at. He sure can take some hits and bounce back for more.

Do I think he is good, or good looking, or maybe a little of both?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

BigGameMN is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by bigredman View Post
    Look at Bret Favre. In my opinion, the guy is, and always has been, a mediocre QB,
    No way, he's my all time fave and while I wouldn't say he's the best all time, he's in the top 5 IMO. Maybe I'm biased because I live in MS though. There's 4 QBs I would take before Bulger right now. Brady, Manning, McNabb, and Palmer(shaky on that though).

Bulger is 3rd in QB rating right now, 4th in yards, 3rd in YPA, Tied for 4th in TD's, and of course perhaps the most important, 1st in fewest INTS.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by MadMadigan View Post
    Alot of People think Rivers is Overrated and in the same sentence they say we have one of the worse WR corpse in the league. Honestly our WR are not very good IMO, they are under average. So how is a QB overrated working with what we have to work with. Gates may be great but if you look he is getting equal time as Parker and McCardell. Overrated? I wonder what he could do with Bruce and Holt?
    I agree with you completely. I'm a big Rivers fan, but I think placing him in the top ten just yet is premature (the article in question ranks him 7th overall). I think he gets there eventually though. Sooner rather than later, in fact. But not yet.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ramsplaya16 View Post
    The only QB's ahead of bulger IMO, are McNabb, Peyton Manning, and Tom Brady
    I would agree with you about Brady and Manning (Payton version) but I have to disagree with McNabb. Although Donovan is far more athletic than Marc, I personally think Marc is far more accurate, and a better QB overall.

But it's okay that Bulger is overlooked but the so-called "critics". Let's hope that the opponents feel the same way. They'll never know what hit 'em.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I agree with you completely. I'm a big Rivers fan, but I think placing him in the top ten just yet is premature (the article in question ranks him 7th overall). I think he gets there eventually though. Sooner rather than later, in fact. But not yet.
    I Agree, it's definately to soon, which has actually worked to our advantage quite a bit. But heres some food for thought posted by another member on our forums

Here's the crowing "achievement" of this post. First of all, Philip (1 L) doesn't "look" like he "might" be a good player, he's proven on the field that he is a very good QB with a chance to be a great one. His current QB rating is 96.3 which puts him 6th in NFL in that category. This isn't after having 5 years of NFL starting experience under his belt - he's bringing this kind of production after starting only 6 games. He's already at higher level as an NFL QB than some guys are at after several years of starting.

Tom Brady is only completing 56.1% of his passes (compared to Rivers' 66.3%), is averaging 6.49 yards/attempt (to Rivers' 7.11) and has a QB rating of 86.9 (to Rivers' 96.3). Rivers has out-performed Brady in several ways so far, so I guess by your logic I can say "Sorry Tom you look like you might be a good ball player but bottom line is the Patriots wont win a super bowl this year with you at quarterback. If Drew Bledsoe was still QB of your team you might be unbeaten right now."

Carson Palmer is only completing 62.2% of his passes (compared to Rivers' 66.3%), has thrown 4 interceptions (to Rivers' 3), has been sacked 19 times (to River's 9) and has a QB rating of 90.9 (to Rivers' 96.3). Rivers has out-performed Palmer in several ways so far, so I guess by your logic I can say "Sorry Carson you look like you might be a good ball player but bottom line is the Bengals wont win a super bowl this year with you at quarterback. If John Kitna was still QB of your team you might be unbeaten right now."

Ben Roethlisberger, Jake Plummer, Jake Delhomme, Matt Hasselbeck - the conference championship/superbowl QBs from last year - so far Rivers is out-performing all of them. I guess none of those teams have a shot at the Superbowl this year either. And since Rivers is also in most measurable categories slightly out-performing Drew Brees I guess I can say to the Saints that "If Rivers was the QB of your team you might be undefeated right now".

It is to soon to put Rivers up there with the above mentioned, As QB's of his calibre only seem to get better with Experience and not worse.

About 90 % of the fan base has turned in support of Rivers. but there are still Brees homers that cant seem to let go of the fact we chose to keep Rivers over Drew

Sorry to go off topic, Just my way of saying i understand your position with Bulger. IMO he is the most underated QB in the NFL

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Honestly I'd probably rank him fifth right now behind Manning, Brady, McNabb, and Palmer. But I think you can make a reasonable case to be him as low as seventh behind Hasselbeck and Brees as well. That being said, there's no way he's out of the top eight, and no way he's behind guys like Pennington, Rivers, Grossman, Lord Favre, or the other Manning brother. Mike Vick? Has this guy even had one year where he's been a statistically good passer? Name appeal only!
    Right now I think Manning is simply the best out there. I can see a case for Brady and McNabb because they are so good at seeing the field and finding the open man even when they don't have top notch receivers to throw to. Brady has been perhaps the most important player to his team's success in recent years. I don't think McNabb is the most accurate QB, but he is a playmaker...I'm not sure whether I'd rank him above Bulger or not. It's hard to say how good Bulger would be without the supporting cast he has now, but I'd rather hope we don't have to find out. I'd rate Bulger, Brees, and Palmer all pretty close together with Bulger slightly above the other two. Palmer had a great year in 2005, but right now I don't think he's playing up to Bulger's level. Brees gets the nod over Palmer for immediately succeeding in a new environment and with the Saints no less! In my opinion, Hasselbeck doesn't deserve to be up there in these kinds of discussions. He's probably an above average QB but not what I'd call an "elite" QB. I think Bulger's better under pressure. Last year was the only time Hass' QB rating for the season was above 90, but this year he's back down to a more typical 82.8 throwing 7 ints to 10 TDs. He's been known to make some awful decisions sometimes, and his playoff record doesn't exactly blow you away either. As for Vick, I think he is exactly the kind of QB you'd want leading your team...back in the 1920s!

BigGameMN is offline Registered User

Bulger and Palmer are a toss up as far as I'm concerned. Bulger is more accurate and Palmer has a better arm. Palmer is having a little bit of a down year from last, but lets not forget he's coming off of serious knee surgery.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

IMO a true test for a starting QB is when he has played for a sub par team. Rivers has walked into a nice situation this season. When a guy plays for a club with less than a winning record his true abilities and maturity come out.

Marc Bulger has been there and done that. He is Mr. Cool.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

id actually take Damon Huard over some of the guys who are meant to be better then Bulger

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast