throwback week

eldfan is offline Registered User

Bulger throws Monday, will try again Wednesday

Bulger throws Monday, will try again Wednesday
    By Kathleen Nelson
    St. Louis Post-Dispatch
    Email this Share this Print this Digg Yahoo! Del.icio.us Facebook Reddit Drudge Google Fark Stumble It!
    Rams quarterback Marc Bulger engaged in what probably was the football equivalent of soft toss Monday briefly at Rams Park.

“He was OK,” Rams coach Steve Spagnuolo, “didn’t throw it very far, but he’s trying to oil it up.”

Spagnuolo guessed that Bulger would be listed as questionable on an injury report but was encouraged by the session.

“That’s a long way away from a week ago, when he really couldn’t throw at all,” he said. “But that’s a tough call. We’ve got a whole day tomorrow. I think we’ll rest it and then see what he can do on Wedsenday.”

Spagnuolo couldn’t estimate the intensity of the workout because he didn’t attend but added that Bulger had tested his right shoulder briefly before the 35-0 loss to San Francisco. Bulger was listed as the Rams’ third quarterback Sunday.

“He did it to see if we got in the situation where we had to go to the third and he couldn’t hand off, could he dump it to the fullback. We needed to know that going in, in case we had that situation. Thank God we didn’t.”

The rest of the Rams injury report:

WR Danny Amendola suffered cramps in the game but should be OK.
    DB Ron Bartel (thigh) is still listed as day to day.
    OG Jacob Bell suffered back spasms but should be ready to practice.
    S James Butler (knee) will be monitored day to day but would be listed as doubtful.
    S Craig Dahl suffered a concussion and will be evaluated Tuesday.
    DT LaJuan Ramsey tweaked an ankle but should be ready to practice Wednesday.
    OT Jason Smith (knee) is day to day. “We should know more Wednesday,” Spagnuolo said.

:ramlogo:

01d 0rd3r is offline Registered User

Re: Bulger throws Monday, will try again Wednesday

Hope bulger is ready to go sunday, we need whatever little bit of stability we can get on O.

MOM
    MOM is offline Registered User

Once we are able to get all these millions of dollars off the bench and onto the field, things will look a LOT better.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.stickershoppe.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/MLRPANCmini.jpg[/SIGPIC]This is for Randy! GO BRM!

Keenum is offline Registered User

Spagnuolo couldn’t estimate the intensity of the workout because he didn’t attend ...

So where was HE at? If he had a good excuse, than that's alright, but the head coach should be at practice EVERY time possible.

Mooselini Guest

I hope Bulger can come back healthy. As of now, he gives us the best chance of winning.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

If Bulger is ready to go on Sunday, I hope the OL is as well because Jared Allen looked like a man possed against the Packers.

Ahmedrams81 is offline Registered User

Whether it be Bulger, Boller, or Null, none of them will be succesful next week against the Vikings. I don't know if you guys watched Jared Allen last night, but I think he is going to SHRED us next sunday. I have posted this idea on some other topics on "Ram Talk" over the weeks: I want to see Null get in. We already know what Bulger and Boller are capable of and our season is over so lets see what Null's got.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

I said it before and I'll say it again - if Bulger isn't 100%, play Boller. No sense in risking further injury by playing hurt.

eldfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I said it before and I'll say it again - if Bulger isn't 100%, play Boller. No sense in risking further injury by playing hurt.
    With the D we have to face Sunday I would have to agree Bulger would not make it through the game.
    :ramlogo:

MOM
    MOM is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by eldfan View Post
    With the D we have to face Sunday I would have to agree Bulger would not make it through the game.
    I'll third that one. Not only would he not make it through the game, but things could even be season ending.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.stickershoppe.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/MLRPANCmini.jpg[/SIGPIC]This is for Randy! GO BRM!

RamsFan16 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I agree, I also think that Boller would be better against a dynamite Defensive Line like Minnesota, he atleast can scramble out of the pocket a bit.

And about the Bulger not being there thing, I agree, he better of had a damn good excuse for missing practice like that. He's being paid millions and is a "leader" supposably.

And I for one am excited of the possibility of Jason Smith coming back, I feel ALOT better with him in there than I do Adam Goldberg (just horrible). Get better Jason Smith!

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16 View Post
    And about the Bulger not being there thing, I agree, he better of had a damn good excuse for missing practice like that. He's being paid millions and is a "leader" supposably.
    I think it was Spags who wasn't at Bulger's workout.

Spagnuolo couldn’t estimate the intensity of the workout because he didn’t attend

GrnGyant Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16 View Post

I believe the article referred to Spags not being present for Bulgers workout. I don't think anyone was skipping out on practice.

RamsFan16 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    I think it was Spags who wasn't at Bulger's workout.
    Oh

Bulgers lucky! Thanks for pointing that out to me!