Roy G. Biv is offline Registered User

Bulger vs. Warner (you had to see it coming)

Somebody had to start one of these threads this week. So it might as well be me. I can't believe **deleted by Admin*** LOTR didn't beat me to it.

Warner's career
    68 games - 65.6 Comp. % - 17890 yards - 263 y/g - 8.3 y/a - 111 TD - 1.63 TD/g - 3.4 Int %

Bulger's career
    43 games - 64.8 Comp. % - 11708 yards - 272 y/g - 7.8 y/a - 69 TD - 1.60 TD/g - 3.4 Int %

Differences - 0.8 Comp % - 9 yards per game - 0.5 yards per attempt - 0.03 TD/g

These guys are the same QB. Why was there ever an all-out war between the fans of these two guys? They are the same player!

"I'm not going to hide my opinions. They're coming to you between 7000-4000 Angstroms for all the world to see. Oh yes, you will be enlightened."

cashless is offline Registered User

Re: Bulger vs. Warner (you had to see it coming)

Wow, I never realized the similarities. I always felt like Bulger had more boneheaded throws in the games I have seen, like his interceptions were at worse times, but I haven't seen enough of either of them to know for sure.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

I would like to see a comparison of Warners numbers from 1999-2001 to Bulgers career. alot of Warners stats have fallen off since his stints with the Giants and Cards.

Tailgage-Mayor is offline Registered User

If the quarterbacks are about the same, maybe we can trade Bulger and Martz, for Green and Warner, improving our coaching situation!

..........yes I'm kidding.

coy bacon is offline Registered User

The most important omission in this comparison is that Warner led the team to a SB ring, and a 2nd appearance albeit to the Big show. Bulger hasn't.

No matter how you slice it, the leadership to the Ring is what will be remembered most in the hearts of most fans, including mine.

OTOH, I think Bulger carried the team last season and rarely got the props he deserved.

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

The difference is when Warner put up his unreal numbers from 99-01 he had a better team around him both on offense and defense than Bulger has had. So they are both great, and Warner got us a ring, but Bulger has been spectacular with a lesser team around him.

Martz sure did a heck of a job finding and developing QBs eh.
    Quote Originally Posted by RealRam
    What next, NFL gay players kissing on the mouth. To me it is S.O.S.: simply/obscene/sickening. Rest assured I will never cheer for a known homo player

RamJackson39 is offline Registered User

Warner had the greatest 3 year span of any QB. The NFL is all about, what have you done for me lately? Warner was pathetic in 2002. Bulger was at least decent. They were both given a chance, and Bulger capitalized on it. Bulger wanted it more. End of discussion.
    The Roman and The Prince. Playmakers until the end.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Q: What is the definition of eternal hope?

A: To have these words be meaningful in a Warner/Bulger debate.
    End of discussion.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

warner took advantage of his situation with the rams in 99, you cant fault him for that,and we won a super bowl because of it,thanks kurt