RamWraith is offline Registered User

Bulger will get exam on his banged-up ribs

By Jim Thomas
    ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH
    12/04/2006

Perhaps Marc Bulger's sore ribs had something to do with why he was sore at some teammates following Sunday's 34-20 loss to Arizona. After absorbing several blows to the ribs by Cardinals pass rushers, Bulger will have an MRI exam on the ribs, most likely today, to make sure there are no breaks or cartilage damage.

"It's just for peace of mind," Bulger said.

The Rams' postgame injury report also included a sprained shoulder by linebacker Pisa Tinoisamoa; a sprained ankle by reserve safety Jerome Carter; and an ankle injury by backup linebacker Dexter Coakley.

Tinoisamoa's injury occurred to the right shoulder. Previous injuries to his elbow and hand were on his left arm.

"I went from the one-arm to no-arm man," Tinoisamoa said. "But I'll be fine. I've battled with these shoulder things. Once again, it's just a friendly reminder that I need to get squared up and in position to make tackles instead of lunging."

Bartell steps in

Even before Carter's injury, second-year cornerback Ron Bartell served as the Rams' fifth defensive back Sunday. Ever since Travis Fisher's season-ending forearm injury, the Rams had been sliding safety Corey Chavous down to the slot position and bringing Carter off the bench to play safety in their nickel package.

But Chavous stayed at safety Sunday, with Bartell covering slot receivers against Arizona.

"I think Corey always gives us his best, and does a great job in any situation, but we just felt it would help Corey to play primarily safety, and try something else." coach Scott Linehan said. "We've been looking for answers there."

Once again, those answers did not include veteran cornerback Jerametrius Butler, who was limited to special teams.

No fan of Incognito

Bulger wasn't the only player who got some things off his chest after Sunday's game. Arizona defensive tackle Darnell Dockett leveled some salvos at Rams center Richie Incognito in the visitors' locker room.

"We played against a center that didn't play by any rules whatsoever," Dockett said. "He's out there trying to hurt some of our guys. Karma will deal with him. Trust me, I know all about it. We played well even though we had to play against an (expletive) who tried to hurt some players on our team."

Incognito was flagged for unnecessary roughness, a 15-yard penalty, in the third quarter.

Timmerman rotates

Adam Timmerman played in his 183rd consecutive regular season game, starting at right guard. But slowed by cracked ribs, Timmerman basically split time with Adam Goldberg.

"We were alternating," Goldberg said. "It seemed to work out well. Neither one of us had to come in real cold."

Ram-blings

Game-day inactives for St. Louis were DE Victor Adeyanju (forearm injury); LB Jon Alston; TE Dominique Byrd; RB Kay-Jay Harris; LB Isaiah Kacyvenksi (concussion); OT Jeremy Parquet; and C-G Larry Turner. ... Bulger topped 15,000 career passing yards Sunday in his 56th NFL game; that tied him with Hall of Famer Dan Marino and former Ram Kurt Warner as the fastest QB to reach 15,000 yards.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Re: Bulger will get exam on his banged-up ribs

"Bulger topped 15,000 career passing yards Sunday in his 56th NFL game; that tied him with Hall of Famer Dan Marino and former Ram Kurt Warner as the fastest QB to reach 15,000 yards."

That was kept very quiet, i never knew that.