Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RamWraith is offline Registered User

Bulger will start Sunday

By Bill Coats
    ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH
    12/14/2007

Rams coach Scott Linehan on Friday named Marc Bulger as his starting quarterback for Sunday’s game against the Green Bay Packers at the Edward Jones Dome.

Bulger missed the last two games after suffering a concussion against Seattle on Nov. 25.

Bulger was expected to return last week vs. Cincinnati, but after practicing Wednesday and Thursday, his symptoms recurred and he was scratched.

Brock Berlin, who never had played in a regular-season NFL game, took every snap for the Rams in the 19-10 loss to the Bengals.

After three practices this week, Bulger reported no difficulties.

Also, backup Gus Frerotte, who suffered a partially torn labrum in his right (throwing) shoulder Dec. 2 when he subbed for Bulger against Atlanta, has recovered quickly and will back up Bulger vs. the Packers.

Berlin is back with the scout team. Todd Bouman, brought in last week as an emergency quarterback, has been released.

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

Re: Bulger will start Sunday

as I said in the predict the score post I think the Rams will win this game with Bulger starting,the Packers are very good but I think they are still a little overrated,if we can get Favre throwing the ball around to our guys like he has done in the past at the Ed Dome,a win is not out of the question and with Linehan knowing his status for next season I don't expect him to hold anything back and finish the season strong.

rams 24/7 is offline Registered User

Although Marc Bulger is one of the highest paid player in the NFL this is a bad idea we are in no playoff hope with what???? 2-3 games left this would be a time to give our dept some experience because anything could go wrong again for a games that is no better right now then a pre-season game

Guam rammer is offline Registered User

Maybe Linehan wants to win the last 3 games of the season just like last year, to give the fans hope again. But i don't know, its kinda risky. If Bulger gets another concussion, everybody will be calling for Linehans head!!!

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Guam rammer View Post
    everybody will be calling for Linehans head!!!
    Pun intended?

WHAT SAY YE?

BrokenWing is offline Registered User

This is a decision I've been against since he first got the injury. No need to risk the future of our team to make us feel good about the last few games. What happens if Bulger goes down for good or has the issues Warner did and just isn't the same because he came back too soon? What do we have to replace him? Nothing. Nothing at all.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Hmm, yes I agree: perhaps we'd be better off starting Frerotte and having Bulger as backup at this stage.

If MB couldn't play these last two games, why risk his brain now as a starter?

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RealRam View Post
    Hmm, yes I agree: perhaps we'd be better off starting Frerotte and having Bulger as backup at this stage.

If MB couldn't play these last two games, why risk his brain now as a starter?
    I was all for him sitting out the season also if he still wasn't feeling right,but if he is cleared and says he feels good to go,then you need to play him,if you don't and he's healthy are you telling the rest of the team that you are giving up ?I think playing well this last 3 games is very important .
    Last edited by jkramsfan; -12-14-2007 at 09:06 PM.

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Not a good move at all. Not only do you risk your franchise QB, you're risking him in a lost season. Give him the offseason to recover, and use this time to evaluate talent for next season.

I think that the ultimate goal always has to be winning, but here I see an alterior motive. Scott Linehan wants to save his job- and who can blame him- but for god's sakes, you don't risk your best player to do so. For the good of the team? Try for your own benefit. :x

Obviously, Linehan thinks that this job is less secure than what John Shaw indicates it is. This is not a step in the right direction in my books. A win may cure all, but you have to weigh up risk versus reward.

This is somebody's brain he's risking here. Not an ankle or a broken rib, it's a brain, one of the most important human organs.

Again, although the ultimate goal is to win all our games, at what price? If we do manage to string together a few wins, it would be the equivocate of a withdrawn ticket in the Chris Long raffle.
    Last edited by Bar-bq; -12-15-2007 at 04:04 AM.

dgr828 is offline Registered User

Yeah, I thought it better that Gus get the start, since he was the latest of our QBs to have success. However that's coach's decision and if he feels Bulger is ready, then you play to win with the best you have, no matter the time of season.
    There is no off season, the time is now. Can this coach guide this team to victory, along with his #1 QB, against an opponent with a winning record.
    The time is now!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Keenum is offline Registered User

Bulger does give us our best shot to win, and now, we are playing for PRIDE, which should still be enough to get anybody hyped up for a game.
    We'll have a short week this time to get ready for the Steelers on Thursday night, so here is to no more injuries and a quick recovery from Sunday's game.

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Bar-bq View Post
    Give him the offseason to recover, and use this time to evaluate talent for next season.
    Who should we evaluate? Gus? No need. Berlin? Not the answer. There is nobody at QB to evaluate.
    BRUUUUUUUUUUUCE

Ram Dragoon is offline Registered User

Time to go to the Football alter and burn some incense for Bulger's safty; me thinks he is going to need some devine intervention not to get creamed

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce View Post
    Who should we evaluate? Gus? No need. Berlin? Not the answer. There is nobody at QB to evaluate.
    Well, if Ferotte retires as I expect him to sometime withtin the next season, I'd assume you'd need some sort of backup. Berlin may not be a starter, but he could become a quality backup. That's what I meant by evaluation. Ensure you have the player you want on backup if your starter goes down. At this stage, all they have to evaluate Berlin is the preseason and one start. That may be why you see a lot of veteran journeyman backup QBs; Jeff Garcia, Trent Dilfer, Jon Kitna and the like. (though I am aware Kitna starts in Detroit)- They have proven they can do it before.

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Bar-bq View Post
    Well, if Ferotte retires as I expect him to sometime withtin the next season, I'd assume you'd need some sort of backup. Berlin may not be a starter, but he could become a quality backup. That's what I meant by evaluation. Ensure you have the player you want on backup if your starter goes down. At this stage, all they have to evaluate Berlin is the preseason and one start. That may be why you see a lot of veteran journeyman backup QBs; Jeff Garcia, Trent Dilfer, Jon Kitna and the like. (though I am aware Kitna starts in Detroit)- They have proven they can do it before.
    I wasn't suggesting that you wanted to evaluate Berlin as the starter, I knew you meant as the backup, but imo there is no need because I don't see him as a back up. Just my 2 cents.
    BRUUUUUUUUUUUCE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast