throwback week

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Bulger working out in the Lou, says there is "unbelievable" culture change ...

Per RamsRule.com:

"Bulger was on local radio today"

said that there are some definite changes going on and that some will not believe the culture change.

He stated that Spags has a plan and a direction and players will either get on the wagon or be left behind (or something to that effect).

He said he expects a Philly type WCO with Shurmur and that he knows him and his kids from his Pro Bowl experience. Says he really likes and respects Shurmur and what he plans to do.

Radio host said that Bulger did pretty well in that game and seemed to pick up Shurmur's offense well. Bulger agreed.

Radio host then said that Bulger should rebound under Spags/Shurmur and that you would be surprised how many influencial people around the league think very highly of Bulger.....including Bill Parcells.

Bulger said it was tough to see Henry Ellard leave and that he would like for Holt to stick around but he will do what he has to do. Didn't sound promising.

"Also said we're not that far from Arizona"

Bulger said he is excited. He thinks Chip and Lucia have made the right moves. He was surprised they were able to hire a coach who was such a hot commodity. He thought Devaney deserved a lot of credit. He has only been here a short while but he had a vision.

Bulger said he has been working out at Rams Park. Right now he is the only one except for some local guys who are rehabing injuries.

Change is coming. Be on board or get thrown overboard. Need to get some wins to change the culture.

Marc has no input on personnel moves. The announcer asked him if he put little stickies on Devaney's desk, 1st round OL, 2nd Round OL. Bulger added and a playmaker.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Re: Bulger working out in the Lou, says there is "unbelievable" culture change ...

If so, again, a big, heartfelt 'Welcome' to Coach Spags!

SFCRamFan Guest

Re: Bulger working out in the Lou, says there is "unbelievable" culture change ...

I remember that year for Bulger at the Pro-Bowl. He won MVP, right? He was miked up and came off of the field after throwing a TD and said man I love this offense or something like that...

Bald_81 is online now Registered User

I also remember reading Bulger's renewed dedication last off season and how he was practicing every day so that he could digest all of Al Saunder's offense. It's put up or shut up time, Marc.

Mooselini Guest

I love Bulger's attitude. He works so hard and I believe that he should have a pretty solid season under this system. Hopefully our guys can stay healthy throughout the year.

Keenum is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by SFCRamFan View Post
    I remember that year for Bulger at the Pro-Bowl. He won MVP, right? He was miked up and came off of the field after throwing a TD and said man I love this offense or something like that...
    I remember that. He had 4 TDs, and then Shaun Alexander had 3. The NFC had a monster comeback to win it that year, and Bulger said something like that. Some people tried to make it be like "Oh he wants to go somewhere else and start," or something like that, lol.

majorram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Mooselini View Post
    I love Bulger's attitude. He works so hard and I believe that he should have a pretty solid season under this system. Hopefully our guys can stay healthy throughout the year.
    agreed, I'm really not worried about Mark, Jackson I'm more worried about and staying on the field...

steve
    "The breakfast Club"

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by majorram View Post
    agreed, I'm really not worried about Mark, Jackson I'm more worried about and staying on the field...

steve
    I would not worry so much about Jackson. I'll bet that they are going to be very much a part of his conditioning plan this year. Hopefully they can keep him healthy and on the field.

So Bulger said "we are not the far from Arizona". I guess we have some good ol fashioned competition going with the Cardinals. I hope the Rams are going to be competitve in 2009. I watched a cardinal rams game and they looked pretty far away to me.

I wonder how many of the players are accepting of this change in culture. I wonder how many will be leaving Rams park.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Sounds like some exciting tidbits!

I'm anxious to see what Shurmur actually ends up running here and how well it translates. I'd completely forgotten that Andy Reid and his staff coached the NFC Pro Bowl team in 2004.

I think a Philly style WCO could really work well with Steven Jackson, given that he's a quality receiver out of the backfield.

Also, nice to hear that Spags has already started affecting the culture in the clubhouse. I'm very intrigued by the "get on the wagon or get left behind" attitude. It'd be nice to be a fly on the wall and see whom Spags feels might get left behind...

Bulger said he has been working out at Rams Park. Right now he is the only one except for some local guys who are rehabing injuries.
    When people talk about leadership, which always seems to be a topic when Bulger is debated, I hope things like this are mentioned. Like him or not, you've got to give the guy credit for being at Rams Park and putting the work in only a week after the Super Bowl.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Bald_81 View Post
    I also remember reading Bulger's renewed dedication last off season and how he was practicing every day so that he could digest all of Al Saunder's offense. It's put up or shut up time, Marc.
    Actually it is "SHUT-UP" for Al Saunders Offense!

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Sounds like some exciting tidbits!

Also, nice to hear that Spags has already started affecting the culture in the clubhouse. I'm very intrigued by the "get on the wagon or get left behind" attitude. It'd be nice to be a fly on the wall and see whom Spags feels might get left behind...
    The sign on the lockeroom door says " THE PARTY IS OVER".

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Well that's odd. I thought one of our New Jersey friends said he spoke with Devaney's brother who said Spags had already kicked several players out of the weightroom during off-season conditioning? Hmm.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    The sign on the lockeroom door says " THE PARTY IS OVER".

I actually like this one better..."Be on board or get thrown overboard."

"The disappointment of losing is huge!"

Jack Youngblood

ManofGod is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    Per RamsRule.com:

Marc has no input on personnel moves. The announcer asked him if he put little stickies on Devaney's desk, 1st round OL, 2nd Round OL. Bulger added and a playmaker.
    Playmaker? Answer: Draft Crabtree!

eldfan is offline Registered User

Glad to see his commitment, if Holts wants out so bad I hope he gets his wish.
    :ramlogo:

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast