throwback week

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Varg6 is offline Registered User

Bulger's Cloudy Future

The fans and media have been talking about it for days and weeks, if not months, but Marc Bulger is not ready to make a decision on his future, writes Jim Thomas of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.

Bulger's season may be over with the latest of injuries -- fractured left shin bone -- and the Rams sorely need a thorough rebuild, perhaps from the ground up, suggesting Bulger's last pass in a Rams uniform have have been thrown.

St. Louis is in the race for the No. 1 pick in the draft and will have an opportunity to draft their next franchise quarterback next April.

-ESPN.com

Mel Kiper Jr.'s Big Board

The Rams may have their pick of QBs Sam Bradford (No. 5), Jimy Clausen (No. 6), Jake Locker (No. 8), and Colt McCoy (No. 25)

Rebuilding with line play could net St. Louis DT Ndamukong Suh (No. 1) or OT Russell Okung (No. 7)

The only position the Rams may feel comfortable with avoiding on draft day may be running back

-----

Interesting about the RB situation. DGR!!!! lol

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

BEER is offline Registered User

Re: Bulger's Cloudy Future

Tony Dungy said he would jump on Tim Tebow before any other QB coming
    out. I dont know about you, but i think Dungy is right and it seems he always
    is.

Mooselini Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BEER View Post
    is.
    It all comes down to the combine. I know a lot of guys on here despise his throwing techniques. But I think he's got solid stats. It's only like this is an Indy offense. It's west coast. I think Tebow can manage that.

I won't pick him round one though...

dgr828 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Varg6 View Post
    The fans and media have been talking about it for days and weeks, if not months, but Marc Bulger is not ready to make a decision on his future, writes Jim Thomas of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.

Bulger's season may be over with the latest of injuries -- fractured left shin bone -- and the Rams sorely need a thorough rebuild, perhaps from the ground up, suggesting Bulger's last pass in a Rams uniform have have been thrown.

St. Louis is in the race for the No. 1 pick in the draft and will have an opportunity to draft their next franchise quarterback next April.

-ESPN.com

Mel Kiper Jr.'s Big Board

The Rams may have their pick of QBs Sam Bradford (No. 5), Jimy Clausen (No. 6), Jake Locker (No. 8), and Colt McCoy (No. 25)

Rebuilding with line play could net St. Louis DT Ndamukong Suh (No. 1) or OT Russell Okung (No. 7)

The only position the Rams may feel comfortable with avoiding on draft day may be running back

-----

Interesting about the RB situation. DGR!!!! lol
    Yeah, interesting thoughts by Mel. Maybe because there aren't many great RBs coming out. I'm liking Clausen as a possible pick at QB for Rams.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Cardinalmaniac Guest

Cardinals fan here....but I like to read other team's forums to keep a pulse on fan opinions of their own teams around the league.

My question is, what the heck happend to Bulger?

At one point he was a top 5-6 fantasy QB in the league (~ 2006?). Concussions? Gun shy? Loss of confidence? Supporting cast around him?

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

is.
    Was Dungy right when he drafted Shaun King in the second round of the '99 draft? One advantage of being a commentator over a coach is you can basically say whatever you want because there aren't consequences to your hypothetical choices.

rams2061 Guest

Bulger's future has been cloudy for a very long time.

Ramone is offline Registered User

At least I know one thing for sure. Do not draft, ever, QB from Tulane!

RealRam is offline Registered User

Wow, after seeing today's OL potential and performance (at home Vs. Sawks), it would probably "behoove" our Rams offense coaches and Bulger himself to wait till the last game ... to see if there is anything left to salvage[?].

No, wait till next season, for MB to heal back to 'normal', for a more decent OL. I was horrified seeing how the opponent's defense pounced on Boller today. How can anyone expect Bulger to do anything different like this!?! This is a bleak outcome at best.

Mercy, mercy me!

BEER is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Was Dungy right when he drafted Shaun King in the second round of the '99 draft? One advantage of being a commentator over a coach is you can basically say whatever you want because there aren't consequences to your hypothetical choices.
    Soooooooooooooo, you disagree with Dungy? I did say he "Seems to be right all the time" And I think he is.

jkramsfan Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RealRam View Post
    Wow, after seeing today's OL potential and performance (at home Vs. Sawks), it would probably "behoove" our Rams offense coaches and Bulger himself to wait till the last game ... to see if there is anything left to salvage[?].

No, wait till next season, for MB to heal back to 'normal', for a more decent OL. I was horrified seeing how the opponent's defense pounced on Boller today. How can anyone expect Bulger to do anything different like this!?! This is a bleak outcome at best.

Mercy, mercy me!
    I agree that was pretty ugly out there today,altough 3 starters were out so there is some reason for it,I say Bulger stays another year unless someone can convince me one of these so called superstars in the making, coming from college will do any better.

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RealRam View Post

Mercy, mercy me!
    Alex Barron again showed us he's inconsistent.

Our stud in the center, Jason Brown got knocked out early in the game due to a sprain.

Incognito has been out because of a foot injury.

We are sorely missing Jason Smith at right tackle. Without him, it is painfully obvious the lack of push we have on the right side.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Soooooooooooooo, you disagree with Dungy?
    Yes, I disagree with Dungy. I would not make Tebow the first quarterback off the board. I think he has serious work to do on his fundamentals, and I question whether his upside as an NFL quarterback is worth it, especially using the early pick you'd have to use to make him the first QB off the board.

Since I've answered your question, maybe you could answer mine - was Dungy right when he spent a second round pick on Shaun King in 1999?

That's really the only young QB he's pulled the trigger on with an early round pick as I can recall, and it didn't work out well. Most of the time, Dungy made by with veterans. When he went to Indy, they obviously already had a QB in place.

My point being, I don't see much to make me believe Dungy is some QB guru who knows a franchise QB when he sees one. As a head coach, he didn't have much experience drafting them, and the one guy that I can recall that he spent a Day One pick on didn't pan out. Thus, I don't find the "But Tony Dungy likes Tebow" argument very convincing.

SFCRamFan Guest

Bulger is probably the best option until we sign someone in the future or train up a rookie. I don't know who, that is an improvement, that will sign with our team after watching our line perform. At least Bulger is already under contract, so he can't refuse to go back out there once he's healthy enough...

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

I can't see much merit in throwing a young QB into the supporting cast we'd likely be able to provide him next year. Those kinds of situations rarely work out well for player or team and can kill coaches.

I think there's a lot of merit in the Rams continuing to build their roster with a view to taking a signal-caller in 2011.

In such a scenario, Devaney takes another o-lineman high (A priority if Barron departs), a pass-catcher and then builds depth of the D. QB gets addressed in FA or later rounds and Spagnuolo is given a remit to try and win with defence and the running game.

Any potential QB then comes into a much stronger position and the Rams have helped themselves by adding 1-2 impact players on offence and greater defensive depth.

Ideally of course you'd like a top prospect at QB in 2010 and the FO to shell out millions on high-priced FA's to help him out but with the cap going and most marquee guys tied up, I think that's a long shot.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast