Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Burwell: It's A Shame That London Trip Is During Re-Birth

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

Re: Burwell: It's A Shame That London Trip Is During Re-Birth

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    And we are upset.

But surely you must understand that what local fans don't much care for are folks from California making statements like....
    LOL Like I give a rat's arse what local fans think? I don't know why you guys are in denial so much. The Rams ARE an after thought in St Louis to most people. It made me want to puke when the same thing started happening in L.A.

Quote Originally Posted by Truth View Post
    It certainly doesn't mean that STL isn't a good sports town.
    It's a great sports town, just not a great football town.
    Last edited by RamFan_Til_I_Die; -10-26-2012 at 12:21 PM.

gap
    gap is offline Registered User

Interesting. I believe that STL is a good sports town. I also believe that smaller cities tend to identify more with one team, or sport. For example, while the Twins and Wild are popular in Minneapolis, the Vikings are THE team here. If sports fans here could only keep 1 team, it would be the Vikings. Similarly, I think you'd find Pittsburgh keeping the Steelers. If STL fans could only keep one team, I think they'd choose the Cardinals . There's nothing wrong with that. There's a longer, richer history between the fans and the city. It certainly doesn't mean that STL isn't a good sports town.

Burwell also mentioned the possibility of a new stadium in STL. Anybody in MO heard any rumblings?
    I read it on this board, and it may have been more of a wish than a report, but someone mentioned the former Chrysler plant in Fenton. I say former because all buildings and equipment have been removed from the site. There is nothing there but dirt, grass, weeds, and a for sale sign. This location is along I-44, is a stones throw (not really) from I-270 loop around St. Louis, and has several major roadways around it for traffic to flow. What it lacks is downtown appeal and proximity to hotels and restaurants. Although, hotels and restaurants can be added with a stadium complex if they go that route.

gap

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

LOL Like I give a rat's arse what local fans think?
    So you really don't care that you are currently insulting a large percentage of the members on this board?
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

If STL fans could only keep one team, I think they'd choose the Cardinals . There's nothing wrong with that. There's a longer, richer history between the fans and the city. It certainly doesn't mean that STL isn't a good sports town.
    You're right, but that doesn't change the fact that the fan base in St. Louis isn't supporting the Rams the way they should. As mentioned throughout this thread, virtually every game, there are thousands of no-shows, and/or loads of opposing fans invading the Ed. What's the point of having a football team if year after year there is a noticeable lack of interest in filling the home team venue to support them?

Regardless of the circumstances, you either support your football team, or you don't. I would love nothing more than to see the fans in St. Louis embrace the Rams and fill the Ed every home game, but if they can't or won't, a change of venue is probably in order.
    RamFan_Til_I_Die and gap like this.

gap
    gap is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    You're right, but that doesn't change the fact that the fan base in St. Louis isn't supporting the Rams the way they should. As mentioned throughout this thread, virtually every game, there are thousands of no-shows, and/or loads of opposing fans invading the Ed. What's the point of having a football team if year after year there is a noticeable lack of interest in filling the home team venue to support them?

Regardless of the circumstances, you either support your football team, or you don't. I would love nothing more than to see the fans in St. Louis embrace the Rams and fill the Ed every home game, but if they can't or won't, a change of venue is probably in order.
    If I was still living in St. Louis, I would own PSLs and have a different opinion, but at this point I am warming to the idea of the RAMS no longer staying in St. Louis.

St. Louis can change my mind on this if they fill the stadium after the RAMS do these two things.
    1) Record seats that are regularly empty, or are occupied by visiting team fans, and revoke their PSLs
    2) Eliminate all future PSLs (those that are actually using them can keep them).

If the above two things are not done, you really cannot blame the St. Louis RAMS fans, as most of the tickets are owned by investors instead of real fans.

gap

So you really don't care that you are currently insulting a large percentage of the members on this board?
    1) No I don't.
    2) I don't believe a "large percentage of the members of this board" are getting insulted.
    3) If you guys really are that sensitive you need to get over it, cause that's just ridiculous. Obviously no one actively participating on this board or going to games are the type of fans I'm talking about.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RamFan_Til_I_Die View Post
    1) No I don't.
    2) I don't believe a "large percentage of the members of this board" are getting insulted.
    3) If you guys really are that sensitive you need to get over it, cause that's just ridiculous. Obviously no one actively participating on this board or going to games are the type of fans I'm talking about.
    Then I will remind you that insulting board members is not allowed. Keep it civil.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Then I will remind you that insulting board members is not allowed. Keep it civil.
    Playing the mod card eh? Thought you were above that Hub. Guess not.

I have kept it civil. You are imagining insults where there are none. Where are your warnings to Mike who is saying the exact same thing I am?

FilthyMcNasty is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post
    Imagine the San Diego Chargers going to London for an away game. Ridiculous. And any amount of money generated would hardly be worth the logistical nightmare for players, management, referees and fans. Not worth the trouble.
    Um, they have, in 2008. They spoke very positively about the experience.

supachump is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamFan_Til_I_Die View Post
    Exactly. Well said.

Brokenwing you and other loyal local Rams fans should be the ones that are most upset by the disloyal behavior of so many other local "fans". There is rarely a home field advantage in the Dome, and everyone knows it.
    3-1 at home this year. Sounds like a home field advantage to me.

supachump is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by gap View Post
    you really cannot blame the St. Louis RAMS fans, as most of the tickets [psls] are owned by investors instead of real fans.
    bingo...

(i need 10 character to be able to send this post).

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is online now Registered User

Actually Hub, I believe the majority on this board are fans that neither live in St Louis or California, and the second largest majority are the fans from California that continue to support the Rams. The smallest fan base here are the "local" fans in the STl area.

A poll that was taken on this site not too long ago that supported this.
    RamFan_Til_I_Die likes this.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

Quote Originally Posted by RAMFANRAIDERHATER View Post
    Actually Hub, I believe the majority on this board are fans that neither live in St Louis or California, and the second largest majority are the fans from California that continue to support the Rams. The smallest fan base here are the "local" fans in the STl area.

A poll that was taken on this site not too long ago that supported this.
    How dare you speak truth in this thread! The nerve of some people!

citr92 is offline Registered User

i'm from california! yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

Quote Originally Posted by supachump View Post
    bingo...

(i need 10 character to be able to send this post).
    Why do you think it got to the point that they would sell season tickets to investors? Local fans weren't purchasing them, and games weren't sold out, so they were blacked out from being aired on TV. Game after game large chunks of tickets were given out to charities and other organizations to use for free, just to try and attempt to fill the seats. Now I understand that the Rams were playing some of the worst football in history when this was going on, but still that's why it is the way it is.

I commend the fans that have stayed loyal and continued going to games and/or supporting the Rams in the hard times. It's the other St Louis "fans" that are disappointing..the ones that have stopped going until they started winning again...the ones that have to be told when to cheer (the reason that embarrassing video was made by the Rams last year)...the ones that only show up when nothing Cardinals is happening.

It's been a running comment all season from local and national media that the opposing teams have been just as loud during home games as the Rams fans are. Anyone watching the games can see the same thing. There have been some exceptions like the Shesquawks game, but has generally been the case.

Oh and by the way supaCHUMP, you know cussing someone out on a negative rep comment is not just weak, it's also against the rules right?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast