Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Burwell: Rams Need To Unchain Bradford...Now!

Re: Burwell: Rams Need To Unchain Bradford...Now!

Naw, I still think the Rams are playcalling to protect our QB from OUR O Line.
    ManofGod likes this.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RamDez View Post
    Naw, I still think the Rams are playcalling to protect our QB from OUR O Line.
    It sometimes looks that way doesn't it, although the line seems to be doing alright to me. The fact that the running game hasn't really had an impact might have something to do with it as well, allowing opposing defenses to clamp down on the downfield routes.

vanillasue is offline Registered User

"He pointed out that the Rams have won just twice when Bradford has thrown for 300 yards." This quote from Fisher is disturbing. Well, when you never throw the ball until either garbage time or you are behind by 3 TD's then it doesn't matter how many yards you get throwing the ball as you are still probably going to lose. Dear Jeff, Why in the hell did you draft all those WR's and TE's ? To use them as decoys so you can get the running game going ? Note that the last 11 times Peyton Manning has thrown for 300 or more yards Denver has won every game. Let's get with the new NFL.

Guam rammer is offline Registered User

I think bradford has to do something that makes fisher think that he is the real deal for fisher to finally say "ok let this kid do his thing"before Bradford can take over this offense.

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by Guam rammer View Post
    I think bradford has to do something that makes fisher think that he is the real deal for fisher to finally say "ok let this kid do his thing"before Bradford can take over this offense.
    What is else does Sam need to do? Perhaps if he were to stand on his head and spit wooden nickels that would do it – no? Forgive me, I jest. But seriously, I don’t think the issue lies with entirely Sam as much as it does with the skill players.

Tavon Austin: Rookie.

Stedman Bailey: Rookie.

Givens: was a rookie last year – still developing.

Pettis: is the closest we have to a veteran receiver in his 3rd year learning his 2nd offense.

Brian Quick: Was a rookie last year, and has not been “quick” to learn the playbook/route tree.

Kendricks: Another grizzled vet with two years’ experience and only one year in the current offense.

Jared Cook: He’s a vet, but it’s his first year with Sam and Schotty.

D. Richardson: rookie last year still developing.

Pead: Same as Daryl, but way less playing time/experience.

Cunningham: Rookie.

Stacy: Rookie.

I am not implying that Bradford be entirely exonerated, but I can understand Jeff and Brian’s reticence. What we are not party to is each and every practice, let alone the actual game tapes the coaching staff use to break down what occurred with each player at each position. If guys are not where they are supposed to be when they are supposed to be, bad things can happen particularly on medium and deep routes. Jeff has his finger on the pulse of this team, and I believe he will put the pedal down sooner than later.

The good news is that Fish and crew are not afraid to put these young guys out there and let them learn on the fly. They are learning too.

Hopefully our gameplan for Dallas will include some up-tempo drives early on to set the tone and keep the pokes on their heels.

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by MauiRam View Post
    I am not implying that Bradford be entirely exonerated, but I can understand Jeff and Brian’s reticence.
    The problem is that it doesn't sound like Fisher's reticence has to do with the inexperience of his players. This part of the article...

He pointed out that the Rams have won just twice when Bradford has thrown for 300 yards.
    ...makes it sound like Fisher doesn't think chucking the ball to the tune of 300+ yards is a winning formula. Which strikes me as a very strange argument to make when you just signed Jared Cook to a huge deal and traded up to draft Tavon Austin.

So I'm not really sure what to make of Fisher's comment. Obviously the Rams shouldn't be trying to set a new single season attempts record, but their personnel moves clearly indicate a desire to open things up more, even if that's not what the coaches have preferred in the past.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

macrammer is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    The problem is that it doesn't sound like Fisher's reticence has to do with the inexperience of his players. This part of the article...

...makes it sound like Fisher doesn't think chucking the ball to the tune of 300+ yards is a winning formula. Which strikes me as a very strange argument to make when you just signed Jared Cook to a huge deal and traded up to draft Tavon Austin.

So I'm not really sure what to make of Fisher's comment. Obviously the Rams shouldn't be trying to set a new single season attempts record, but their personnel moves clearly indicate a desire to open things up more, even if that's not what the coaches have preferred in the past.
    I think Fisher likes to say things in the media that really are not close to how he really feels. I bet he would be a joy to play poker with
    Nick and MauiRam like this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12