Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

Re: Burwell: St. Louis Rams Decide Not To Bail On Season

Quote Originally Posted by Fortuninerhater View Post
    I don't know who thinks it would be asinine to trade Steven Jackson or at least listen to offers for him, but every player in this league has a price. Steven Jackson included.

What would be asinine IMO, would be for Mr. Devaney to ignore prospective offers for Jackson. Of course it's all moot now since the trade deadline has come and gone.

But as far as I can tell, we are 0-6 this year, and 0 for our last 16 overall, with Jackson doing all he can do.

So why would it be asinine to listen to offers for him? He obviously can't win games by himself. If he could, we wouldn't be 5-33 over the last 2 years plus, would we?

The way I look at it is, it is the GM's job to consider all things that may improve the team. At least that's my understanding. And that is assuming the organization's main objective is winning.

If a team offered a good replacement RB, a top 10 pick as well as a 2nd round pick next year or another 1st in 2011, I would think you'd have to at least consider that wouldn't you?

I believe that if you drafted correctly, the production of those 3 men would far outweigh the contribution 1 RB can make, no matter who he is, in the long run.

So what is more asinine? Trading Jax, or not listening to offers if you're a GM trying to improve a 5-33 team.
    it wouldnt surpise me if he listened to offers..just serves no purpose to disclose that fact to us and Jax via the media...when the offers weren`t worth accepting.

if he was offered two 1sts then tho we arent gonna replace Jackson in the draft..nor free agency..but with multiple 1st round picks,for the overall good of the team,if Billy D trusts his scouts,then he should accept 2 firsts and a second for him.
    then go for the run by commitee approach.. with the firsts spent on other positions.

Jackson i believe is the best RB in the league but just like Andre Johnson is the best WR in the league..no one player can win you games on their own.

molar_pistol is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post
    Baron is a free agent. He is not going to be tradeable in the off season.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    we can franchise him and trade him.

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

Barron might be a RFA instead of a UFA in the off-season, depending on the outcome of the CBA talks. same goes for the likes of Cogs and Atogwe among others..

eldfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Fortuninerhater View Post
    If a team offered a good replacement RB, a top 10 pick as well as a 2nd round pick next year or another 1st in 2011, I would think you'd have to at least consider that wouldn't you?

I would agree if that was the offer but you donít kick off the face of your team unless it is something like that. SJ is more than a RB for the rams he gets butts in seats and when the team is at the bottom like we are you need star power. The GM should try to make the team better but it better be a deal where he can and not some marginal deal. But itís mute at this point anyway.
    :ramlogo:

swatter555 is offline Registered User

Whether spags and the management publicly gives up or not, the Rams will lose at least 14 games. If that is the likely case, you might as well start on next year.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12