Thread: Buy or Sell?

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Buy or Sell?

If Marshall Faulk is healthy enough to play next season, do we want him back?

Please explain your reasons for the buy or sell.

evil disco man is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Re: Buy or Sell?

Sell. I wouldn't want Marshall risking his health and ability to walk on those knees 10 years from now just for the sake of playing one more season in what's been a Hall of Fame career. It's not worth it, especially when he can't take the full role of a mentor with Steven Jackson because of their conflicting styles of play. Stephen Davis would be a better mentor for Stevie J than Marshall. I'd rather give up the roster spot to a younger, more agile type of running back to complement the power of S.J. and S.D.

:l

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Either way, it won't hurt us to have him for advice and in on situational plays, but I don't think we'll be hurting ourselves by letting him go either. Its definitely a sentimental thing if we do bring him back (which we probably more than likely will...)

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

PARamfan is offline Registered User

Buy if the price is right, and that would be for a 3rd down back that can catch the ball out of the backfield and his leadership qualities.

bigredman is offline Registered User

What is this? Around the Horn? Sell, sell, sell. Marshall is washed up. Bumb knees. A year playing TV commentator. Take the sentimentality out of it, do you really think the Rams should waste any cap space on this guy?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Country is offline Registered User

Sell, the cap room can be much better spent on the defensive side of the ball.

I don't think that Marshal should ruin his legacy by hanging around on a bad leg.

SFCRamFan is offline Registered User

I'll buy at the right price and in the right role. However, I would prefer to see him stay seated on NFL Network. I would like to see him in training camp as an overall team mentor, then for him to realize that the knees won't hold up and retire as a Ram early enough to make room on the roster for a more capable back-up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SJax, a developing quarterbacks best friend...

Keenum is offline Registered User

Buy, but only, as mentioned, at the right price. I still believe Faulk can move and catch the ball. Stephen Davis is our backup now, and he's not that much of a change of pace guy, so both Davis and Jackson are bigger, bruising RBs.

I think Faulk could come in, and perhaps be used more that he was two years ago. This may just be me, but I don't like how much Bulger is checking down to Jackson this year. Yeah it looks good, and it builds up stats, but I want WINS, and Bulger would have to throw the football down the field more often and take more chances. I think Faulk may also be able to turn those check-down passes into longer gains that Jackson has this year.

The Rams pretty much gave Faulk the year off to recover. The surgery he had to his knees would fix them, but he would have to rest for it to be effective. Also, if we don't get him back, the Lion are said to be very interested. And Faulk has said he wants to play next year.