r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

C Brown Returns To Practice, As Promised

09.23.2009 4:14 pm
    C Brown returns to practice, as promised
    By Bill Coats
    St. Louis Post-Dispatch

Just as he’d promised, St. Louis Rams center Jason Brown practiced Wednesday despite suffering a sprained right knee Sunday vs. the Redskins. Brown, a fifth-year pro, never has missed a practice or a game in the NFL.

Although he was listed on the injury report in the “limited participation” category, Brown — who also is nursing a sore ankle — appeared to take every snap with the first team.

“When we got off the plane (Sunday night) and came over here on the bus, he went right into rehab, which I thought was pretty impressive,” coach Steve Spagnuolo said. “He’s got a great desire. He was intent on getting back.”

Notes & quotes:

*With Jason Smith (knee) out, Adam Goldberg was with the first team at RT. He filled in there after Smith was injured late in the first half Sunday.

*G John Greco (wrist), S Craig Dahl (hamstring) and S David Roach (groin) were limited. It appears as if Greco and Dahl might be ready for Sunday’s home opener after missing the first two games.

*Newcomer Danny Amendola fielded punts and kickoffs, and also took a couple of reps with the “ones” at WR, where he got behind the defense and hauled in a deep pass from QB Marc Bulger. “He’s a littler guy, but he’s quick. He made a big play,” Bulger said. “He seems to pick things up quick, and he wants to be on the field. I think he’ll help us.”

*This week’s captains are Goldberg (offense), S James Butler (defense) and LB Chris Chamberlain (special teams).

All for now . . .

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

Re: C Brown Returns To Practice, As Promised

An impressive specimen....if only because Dr Azul is fairly sure that his knee and ankle injuries are directly connected to his mouth function. I think Fat Albert made his displeasure known at the bottom of a pile or two,don't you?

tomahawk247 is online now Registered User

Interesting to see Goldberg made captain on offense. He is clearly a very good team player, what with him helping Smith learn to be a pro tackle, knowing full well it puts him out of a job.

Ahmedrams81 is offline Registered User

Thank god he's back. We can't afford any injuries upfront on that line. I also agree with tomahawk, I think that Goldberg is the perfect person to teach the young guy smith how to play that position. Hopefully Smith will be back healthy before too long. We must beat GB. It's a home opener and it is crucial for both our morale and fan base.

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Goldberg is a four position offensive lineman. People tend to be all over his case, but he basically comes in on very little notice and gives it his all. Very few of his type in the NFL today that could play all tackle and guard positions ....