onslaught11 is offline Registered User

Call the red zone play & other observation

You call the red zone play:

1. Pass to Drew Bennett in the end zone with him double covered for an almost interception.

2. Pass to Drew Bennett outside of the end zone; incompletion

3. Pass to Drew Bennett; result: an interception.

Olsen, you are so predictable. Everybody and their mothers know you were going to call that play. 5 seconds before that play, I said to the person sitting next to me, they are going to throw it to Drew Bennett and it is going to be either an incompletion or an interception. I was right. I have been right that past 3 weeks with the red zone call. So predictable.

Also, the play where Tony Romo ran for the 15 yd TD close to half time, that play should not have happen. It should have been a delay of game on the Cowboys. I saw the play clock. The play clock operator turned it off with 2 seconds left; the Cowboys did not snap it until 4 seconds later. I was screaming, delay of game, delay of game. I guess that is the advantage of home field. The operator cheating to give the home team an advantage. :r

We will create such an onslaught against humanity that our enemies will take generations before ever thinking of attacking us again.
    -- General William Jauro-Smythe Killan
    before the battle of Tupiero Do
    :angryram:

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

Re: Call the red zone play & other observation

Quote Originally Posted by onslaught11 View Post

1. Pass to Drew Bennett in the end zone with him double covered for an almost interception.

Olsen, you are so predictable. Everybody and their mothers know you were going to call that play. 5 seconds before that play, I said to the person sitting next to me, they are going to throw it to Drew Bennett and it is going to be either an incompletion or an interception. I was right. I have been right that past 3 weeks with the red zone call. So predictable.

Also, the play where Tony Romo ran for the 15 yd TD close to half time, that play should not have happen. It should have been a delay of game on the Cowboys. I saw the play clock. The play clock operator turned it off with 2 seconds left; the Cowboys did not snap it until 4 seconds later. I was screaming, delay of game, delay of game. I guess that is the advantage of home field. The operator cheating to give the home team an advantage. :r
    I saw that also, if you watch that happens a couple of times in every game,I don't know why the offical in charge of watching that isn't paying attention but maybe someone needs to ask him that question.

onslaught11 is offline Registered User

Maybe the league should look into why that happens. I bet most official are not looking at the play clock so it is easy to say turn off the clock at 2 sec and get those extra seconds for the home team to snap the ball.
    We will create such an onslaught against humanity that our enemies will take generations before ever thinking of attacking us again.
    -- General William Jauro-Smythe Killan
    before the battle of Tupiero Do
    :angryram:

rammiser is offline Registered User

I didnt notice the play clock but I did see the blatant hold on our de on that play. But does it really matter? I was talking to my friend and asked why Holt isnt the first option anymore in the redzone its Bennett. Because on a sack that Bulger took when we missed the fg Bulger of course was eyeballing Bennett the whole time which with this o-line isnt long. Meanwhile Holt ran into the endzone and stopped wide open for a td but Bulger got sacked. I know we brought Bennett in to help the redzone but Torry should still be 1st option not 3rd! Olsen is Horrible.
    Just Fix It

supachump is offline Registered User

I noticed the play clock too. Even before I saw it snap over his head I was yelling "delay of game". How pathetic. There should be some sort of official that does nothing but stare at the play clock. Either that or some sort of way to automatically detect when it goes to zero.

The idea that an official has to look up and notice it is just bazaar. They should be concentrating on everything else.

I thought I noticed the play clock turn off too, but thought that was just normal or something. I didn't even think about someone doing that! grrr

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Maybe Marc should throw the ball into the stands instead of trying to force it in like that. I've seen the best and worst qb's in the NFL do it. Why doesn't Marc Bulger do it?

keith m. klink Guest

IF BULGER , isn't sitting for the arizona game , and FERROTTE starting , and hagens active to take some snapps instead of bennett , than this coaching nightmare has too end now.

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

What it boils down to is Bulger is hurt, he can't follow through on his throws, and the o line is banged up.

Add Linehan's reluctance to sit said injured QB, and an unimaginative OC who can't call the right plays in the right situation and you a= a 0-4 team.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

blood85 is offline Registered User

Come on Linehan, the people have spoken, you are hurting Bulger and the team...start Gus Next game.