Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    RamsSB99 is offline Registered User

Re: Cam Cameron as OC

Quote Originally Posted by MauiRam View Post
    I agree with Av that we still have enough core guys to do some damage, and I still haven't given up on Bennett. Nevermind if we paid too much for him -- it is what it is, and he is our guy for now. A healthy Bennett coupled with an uninjured O-line may yet surprise. If we start the season injury free, and Bulger can regain some trust in his O-line, who knows .. Cam could end up looking like a genius ..
    I agree Cams genius could be showing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rams4Life View Post
    Looks like he is going elsewhere:

KFFL - Hot Off the Wire - NFL Breaking News, Notes and Information

Ravens | Cameron likely to be hired as coordinator
    Sun, 20 Jan 2008 19:05:36 -0800

Reuben Frank, of PhillyBurbs.com, reports the Baltimore Ravens will likely hire former Miami Dolphins head coach Cam Cameron as their offensive coordinator, according to a league source.
    And then there was this rumor:

Ravens | Shurmur favorite to land coordinator position?
    Mon, 21 Jan 2008 08:38:46 -0800
    Jamison Hensley, of the Baltimore Sun, reports Philadelphia Eagles quarterbacks coach Pat Shurmur is considered a front-runner for the Baltimore Ravens' vacant offensive coordinator position.

Ravens' focus now on coordinators -- baltimoresun.com
    Last edited by RamsSB99; -01-21-2008 at 03:54 PM.

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Schematically, I think he's a good fit. He'll feature Jackson as both a runner and a receiver, meaning he and Linehan will agree about Steven being the centerpiece here. I think he' could get Bulger moving back towards his '06 numbers, considering that he was also able to help Philip Rivers minimize turnovers when he worked with him in 2006. Additionally, our talent at receiver would likely allow Cameron to spread things around a bit more than he may have been used to in San Diego, or perhaps with a bit more confidence.

You'd have to think McMichael would get more looks, as Cameron has experience in San Diego getting Gates involved. But then again, it was Cameron who cut McMichael in Miami. How much of that was a financial decision and how much had to do with McMichael's fit in the scheme, I dunno. I do know one of the reasons McMichael came to St. Louis was because of Linehan and his vision of what a tight end should be, so I would imagine Linehan would be insistent on Cameron using McMichael on the field.

As for whether Linehan and Cameron get along, that's the real issue. It sounds as if Linehan is open to the idea about having another play-caller on his staff, and the fact that he's looking outside of his group of friends or past associates may be an indication that he wouldn't mind having someone like Cameron here. The biggest issue might be Cameron and whether or not he's willing to take an OC job for a team that only two years ago was looking at him as a head coach, and would Linehan be able to coexist with someone who was up for his job.
    Good points about McMichael. I wonder if he would have kept him if there were no money issues. I had a great feeling about McMichael in the pre-season and then he never got many opportunities during the season.

I wonder if Linehan and Cameron have talked. That conversation would be a pivotal one in Cameron's decision.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

So we are competing with the Ravens for him. They do need help with their offense.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Drummerman1011 is offline Registered User

Personally, I think we look a lot better than the ravens. We have the potential for a very quick turnaround where the Ravens offense has a couple years to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Rams4Life View Post
    Looks like he is going elsewhere:

KFFL - Hot Off the Wire - NFL Breaking News, Notes and Information

Ravens | Cameron likely to be hired as coordinator
    Sun, 20 Jan 2008 19:05:36 -0800

Reuben Frank, of PhillyBurbs.com, reports the Baltimore Ravens will likely hire former Miami Dolphins head coach Cam Cameron as their offensive coordinator, according to a league source.
    While it could happen this was posted by a blogger 3 days ago and has not appeared anywhere else. Other then KFFL copying the information from the blogger.

I think that it was more speculation because of his ties with Cam. In the article it also hinted that he would probably resign the DC they just let go. I don't find this as a viable source. I believe after three days it would recirculate through more solid sources.

Here is the link to the blog:
    phillyBurbs.com Blogs | Blogs, News, Politics, Sports, Pop Culture, American Idol, Howard Stern
    Last edited by RamsSB99; -01-21-2008 at 04:33 PM.

PHAT-MONEY Guest

well all i can say is that The word Ram Is in Cameron.. just match the letters up.

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Cameron could land on his feet today in Baltimore
    By Tim Graham | Monday, January 21, 2008, 12:19 PM

Ousted Dolphins coach Cam Cameron could have his next NFL job by the end of the day.

An NFL source informed The Palm Beach Post that Cameron is close to becoming the next Ravens offensive coordinator. The Ravens on Friday named Eagles secondary coach John Harbaugh their new head coach.

But another league source said there still is a decision to be made in Baltimore, confirming Cameron was a finalist along with Eagles quarterbacks coach Pat Shurmur.

Harbaugh is said to be interested in filling his coordinator positions as quickly as possible, preferably today. Rex Ryan, the former Ravens defensive coordinator who interviewed to replace Cameron with the Dolphins, is a candidate to return.

In 1997, Cameronís first year as head coach at Indiana University, Harbaugh served as his defensive backs and special teams coach.

They also share a University of Michigan connection. Cameron got his start as a graduate assistant under Bo Schembechler in 1984 and remained with the Wolverines through 1993. During Cameronís stay, Harbaughís little brother, Jim Harbaugh, was UMís star quarterback.

Jack Harbaugh, John and Jimís father, was an assistant on Schembechlerís staff in the 1970s.
    Not so fast, Rams fans...
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Rams4Life is offline Registered User

From Rotoworld as well:

Fantasy Football - news, projections, rankings, draft guide - Rotoworld.com

Ravens Offense-TM- Ravens Jan. 21 - 3:00 pm et

An NFL source tells the Palm Beach Post that ex-Dolphins coach Cam Cameron could be introduced as Baltimore's new offensive coordinator by Monday.
    One source says Cameron is "close" to finalizing a deal, while another says the Ravens are deciding between Cameron and Eagles QBs coach Pat Shurmur. New coach John Harbaugh is trying to assemble his staff as quickly as possible. He's also trying to retain defensive coordinator Rex Ryan.
    Source: Palm Beach Post
    Related: Dolphins, Eagles, Rams

oh no....those connections are hard to break. Harbaugh and Cameron have coached together in the past. What's gonna happen???? This is kinda exciting.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Drummerman1011 is offline Registered User

Linehan spoke of trying to get a head coach early this week, maybe he realizes he's losing and goes in or something. lol this is all looking very bad for us though. exciting none the less.

Someone anyone please call Rams Park and wake up Linehan and the FO I believe they have fallen into a deep sleep. Harbaugh has not been on the job long but he does seem to have a real since of urgency. Maybe our FO has urgency but has been met with resistance however I am just not seeing it. They knew before the season even ended they would need to hire a new OC. They have had all the time in the world to setup that list and start making offers. Harbaugh did not know he would be a HC and within his first few weeks he already has his order and offeres ready.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsSB99 View Post
    Someone anyone please call Rams Park and wake up Linehan and the FO I believe they have fallen into a deep sleep. Harbaugh has not been on the job long but he does seem to have a real since of urgency. Maybe our FO has urgency but has been met with resistance however I am just not seeing it. They knew before the season even ended they would need to hire a new OC. They have had all the time in the world to setup that list and start making offers. Harbaugh did not know he would be a HC and within his first few weeks he already has his order and offeres ready.
    You did see that news about Georgia Frontiere's death, right? The front office reports to the Team President, who reports directly to the Owner. It's kind of hard to be aggressive in signing new personnel with confusion at the top.

39thebeast is offline Registered User

Cameron and Ryan as coordinators thats a high paying staff i think it will be one or the other i don't know if harbaugh is an offensive or defensive coach but if he is offensive i think its more likely he will sign Ryan

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RamsSB99 View Post
    Maybe our FO has urgency but has been met with resistance however I am just not seeing it.
    Out of curiosity, why? We already know Linehan has personally called Cameron about the job. The national media has reported the organization is pushing hard for Cameron and he's at or near the top of the list. Short of holding him hostage and forcing him to sign a deal with them, what else can they do?

Can the problem not be that Cameron is not sure which if either job to accept? Cameron's been linked to the Ravens OC position for a while now, first because of the Schottenheimer rumors and now because of his connection with Harbaugh, whom he's worked with before (buddy system in Baltimore!). Furthermore, team success within the last few seasons and better job security are probably working in the Ravens' favor as well.

It's going to be interesting, should the Rams lose out on the Cameron battle, to see how fans respond to what could very well be something that's out of the Rams' hands.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast