Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Cam Cameron as OC

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenfleece View Post
    You did see that news about Georgia Frontiere's death, right? The front office reports to the Team President, who reports directly to the Owner. It's kind of hard to be aggressive in signing new personnel with confusion at the top.
    This situation makes me think we're going to get a position coach moving up to coordinator, someone like Ken Zampese.

Drew Guest

Quote Originally Posted by 39thebeast View Post
    Cameron and Ryan as coordinators thats a high paying staff i think it will be one or the other i don't know if harbaugh is an offensive or defensive coach but if he is offensive i think its more likely he will sign Ryan
    Jon Harbaugh is a defensive coach (secondary coach in philly was his last gig) of course his "kid" brother jim was a stand out QB in the NFL back in the day ,so whatever he has gained from that is anyones guess...

am pretty shocked that they overlooked Rex Ryan for the HC job,only to give it to another defensive guy,i could only see them not giving the job to Ryan for an Offensive Guru but hey ho.....

RamsSB99 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Out of curiosity, why? We already know Linehan has personally called Cameron about the job. The national media has reported the organization is pushing hard for Cameron and he's at or near the top of the list. Short of holding him hostage and forcing him to sign a deal with them, what else can they do?
    From what I recall of the initial reports they where not discussing their year end plan right after the season. Then when Linehan came out and made a public statement it was that he had a long list of candidates and it sounded as though they really had not put a lot of thought into it or even came close to narrowing the choices down.

It did not seem as though they put much thought into who was on there list or what they where looking for. It seemed to me like Harbaugh knew right away coming into a new team what he wanted quicker then what the Rams did when they akready knew their players. Don't get me wrong I have supported several moves Linehan and the FO have made but I don't think they are showing the genuine desire to have certain OC's.

Maybe as I said I am missing it however if it where me I would have known who I wanted. I would have known who my top 4 or 5 guys would be if they became available even prior to the season ending. They had to know Olsen would be relieved far before the season ended. I would have never came out and said its a wide open thing and I am looking at all these candidates (college, NFL, coordinators, non-coordinators). I would have definently said I have four to five guys in mind and I plan on actively pursuing them. When Linehan spoke about Cameron he said that he thought Cameron wanted to relax some before pursuing the OC job search. In the mean time while they set back and give him time it only opens other avenues for him. They need to try to blow him away if they want him bad enough. Express a deep desire for him to be a part of their staff. I could see it in Harbaugh and I am not sure the Rams FO has ever displayed that.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RamsSB99 View Post
    From what I recall of the initial reports they where not discussing their year end plan right after the season. Then when Linehan came out and made a public statement it was that he had a long list of candidates and it sounded as though they really had not put a lot of thought into it or even came close to narrowing the choices down.
    According to the report, the team had 10-12 candidates they were looking at, but the working list known to the public has been closer to 5-6 (Cameron, Bilick, Callahan, Zampese, Jackson, Chow).

I'm not sure how a person concludes that a team hasn't put much thought into their list just because there are a number of names on it. Seems like a pretty large assumption.

Based on the same information, one might also conclude they're being thorough to make sure the person they ultimately decide on is a good fit schematically and personality-wise, especially since Linehan's job rides on this season.

It seemed to me like Harbaugh knew right away coming into a new team what he wanted quicker then what the Rams did when they akready knew their players.
    Harbaugh really has no other choice than to move quickly because he was named the head coach Friday night and likely wants a staff in place before the Senior Bowl. Meanwhile, the Rams have had two weeks, giving them ample time to create a long list of candidates and go through it to determine who is going to be the best fit. Just because he's moving quicker doesn't necessarily mean he's more prepared.

They need to try to blow him away if they want him bad enough. Express a deep desire for him to be a part of their staff.
    And they haven't? Based on what? I don't think the phone transcripts of Linehan's calls to Cameron have been released. And Clayton has already reported the organization is making a strong push for him.

I really don't know what else you want them to do that we know they aren't doing. You seem to have concluded that they're not doing enough, but without knowing everything they're actually doing, that would be impossible to say.

Eventually, Cameron's going to have to decide if he wants to come to St. Louis - a place where new ownership has created a cloud of uncertainty complicated even more by the fact that this could be a one-and-done job - or Baltimore - where a new head coach has better job security on a team with more recent success coached by a former colleague.

The ironic thing about this entire ordeal is that it seems the person we're competing with over Cameron is none other than an old coaching buddy. If Cameron chooses Baltimore, you'd have to think a large factor in that decision was that he and Harbaugh had coached together previously and knew each other. Gee, if only Scott Linehan was buddies with Cam Cameron...
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Rambos is offline Registered User

I said I am missing it however if it where me I would have known who I wanted. I would have known who my top 4 or 5 guys would be if they became available even prior to the season ending.
    How do you put that list together when you don't know who will be let go?

a place where new ownership has created a cloud of uncertainty complicated even more by the fact that this could be a one-and-done job
    This is a deal killer for sure when we are trying to get a big name.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Gordo summed it up well in his recent Live chat...

Jeff Gordon: Trouble is, the in-demand guys like Cameron and Billick can be picky. They can sit back, collect their money from their old employers and wait for an ideal opporunity. The Rams, with Linehan serving as a lame duck, do not provide an ideal opportunity. So the team will likely get a position coach looking to move up to coordinator job.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Rambos is offline Registered User

Jeff Gordon: Trouble is, the in-demand guys like Cameron and Billick can be picky. They can sit back, collect their money from their old employers and wait for an ideal opporunity. The Rams, with Linehan serving as a lame duck, do not provide an ideal opportunity. So the team will likely get a position coach looking to move up to coordinator job.
    Yep that is how it is looking adding the change that has happen in the FO.

Did we not hire Linehan for his offense? We had a really bad O line, have we given up on the guy even if we are healthy? If that is the case was he the right guy in the first place?

moloch41 Guest

Did anyone notice how many times Gordo used the term "Lame Duck" or "Lame Duck Regime" in his Q&A? Not even "Potential Lame Duck". I think he- along with coaching canidates and Free Agents know that Linehan will be out the door at the end of next season whether or not Shaw is back and that's going to deter them from going to St. Louis. By bringing Linehan back- the FO is basically saying that if we don't win with what we have now, we're going to blow the whole thing up at the end of next season and start again. If Shaw is gone, then Linehan better be sitting next to him on the plane, but even if Shaw doesn't retire (God help us), he can't realistically go through another year of low attendence and players berating the coach on the sideline. What a mess.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123