RamWraith is offline Registered User

Camp day 2 - Morning and afternoon

What an awesome day!! The weather was what story book tales are made from. Cool breeze and high 70's. Players seemed to like it. Again...every single person at camp was the bomb. We were catered to like a money spending fan should be. Thanks again to Concordia, the Rams and Shully's! I love this town!

I am going to combine this post with both practices, as it all seems to be one thought at this time. For those that have never experienced camp. This is so fast paced and so organized it is something to truly appreciate. There is NO time wasted. Once one play is run a new ball is in and the group is ready to go. Everying is timed downed to the second.

*morning - Bulger looked rusty again running the 2 minutes offense. Green did well and the twohey were the only 2 QB's to get the chance to run the 2 minute drill. Later in 11 on 11 Bulger was smack on and Green looked rusty.

*morning - Stanley caught a deep corner post...that laid him out in a full drive....drew a huge reaction from the crowd.

*Setterstrom didn't limp nearly as much today. Talked to him after practice and he said don't worry about the limp I have always walked with it. He's not worried about the wheel at all. Says it is all normal pain. I love this kid. Class act and he has gotten HUGE this off season. Spent a lot of time watching him and he has been unmovable all weekend. Our line is much improved

*Talked to Brian Leonard after practice and doesn't seem all that interested in fullback, even though he seems bulked up. He said he wants to be the tailback, not excited about being considered at fullback...and I didn't see him line-up there at all this weekend.

*Draft was limping the AM. Then worse this PM. Took himself out early on with ice on his back. Talk to him after says his back is messed up.

*Big news of the PM -- OJ was in sweats with ice on his hammy. Asked about being hurt...he said he was fine and he doesn't get hurt. This kid is fast becoming one of favorite Rams. Always nice...talkative, so polite "yes sir", "thanks for coming". All heart.

*Chris Long never really stood out....but he is FAST, and appears VERY coachable. He looked like a sponge taking in all the coaching he could. He too was a class act. Stayed to make sure everyone that wanted an autograph got one.

*Holt looked smooth and fluid. More joking on the field. Had to leave the field in the PM and rode bike...then went back out for 11 on 11's.

*Becht went down in the PM practice. I would say not good. I seen him limping earlier and he looked in pain. He went for 7 on 7's and fell to the ground grabbing his hammy. Thought it might be a cramp but slammed his helmet to the ground making me think it might be more...wait and see

*Got to meet long time Clannie eauclare. What a class act. Hung with him most of the morning and afternoon. It is always fun to meet a fellow brother at heart and man he did not disappoint. Thanks Mark! I appreciated the great time! We have to do it again!

*Cliff Ryan had a great afternoon. He was tearing everyone up and very intense. You could hear him grunting throughout drills. Very impressive day.

*Avery and Burton are fast!! WOW!

*Bennett looked solid today. He looks healthy and might be one the biggest surprises. We need him to live up to expectations.

*There was a little buzz this morning that Jackson was in town. One the media persons from a fantasy site said he had heard it. We all kind of held our breaths in the afternoon in hopes we would see the Bentley pull up ;-0 Nothing...Linehan was asked about the rumor he smiled and huge grin and said "he will be here very soon". I see now Bernie wrote in his forum that Jackson has been in contact with Linehan.

*Talked to Howard a little. Always nice to hear what he has to say about the world of the NFL

*Donnie Jones did some kicking . WOW. Many kicks went over 60 yards with great hang time. The bad news is that none of our return men could actually field the damn punt. I can't tell how many times they muffed it or miss judged it or had to stop and reach back to make the catch...including Dante. not impressed.

*Looker dropped a wide open deep pass tonight...not a pretty sight, he was pretty angry with himself.

*Ah You was back on the field today.

*Kreider is a beast and looks to be taking the starting spot at full-back. The guy can even catch the ball. Look for good things from the human cannon ball as long as he can stay healthy

*Romberg is still starting center. The first unit is Pace, Bell, Romberg, Setterstrom and Barron.

*One the biggest thing that stood out to me this weekend is that it appears that we have some depth at most positions. Much different from years past. I think there is a little pushing going on at several spots and this should make them only better.

*One of the biggest highlights was meeting a couple of old greats. D'marco Farr, McCutchen, Ellard and Hannifan. All super people!! Also got pics with.

Heading home tomorrow. And had an AWESOME time!! Coming for sure next year if not again this year. You want to get up and personal...this is the place to be. I will be sure to post pics when I get back. See you all soon!
    Last edited by RamWraith; -07-28-2008 at 10:14 PM.

MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP

Re: Camp day 2 - Morning and afternoon

Dude, Hannifan! Another class act! My son got his autograph on a jersey...Excellent updates Wraith, thanks!

RealRam is offline Registered User

Thumbs up Re: Camp day 2 - Morning and afternoon

Excellent, excellent report -- Thanks Wraith!!!

GREAT to see all these positives, very encouraging indeed. So glad you could be there at camp, that nice facility; and seeing and talking personally with Rams!

Thanks again for sharing these exciting, first hand impressions. Nice going, thumbs up.

RealRam is offline Registered User

PS: It's hard not to be overly excited and even biased while visiting an NFL Training Camp. Seeing the Rams up close, actually talking to some of them, etc. // But I think Wraith is keeping his cool in check and being realistic with his reports: the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.

Right, RamWraith?

CaliGirlRamsFan is offline Registered User

I'm glad to hear Jackson may be close bye. Funny story, I live down the road from D'Marrco's cousin. We are good friends. D'Marrco comes from a huge family around here.

We got all kinds of stuff from her on D'Marrco, and got to see lot's of family photo's.

St.Louis Ram 56 is offline Registered User

Thumbs up Re: Camp day 2 - Morning and afternoon

Awesome reporting on the training camp,, Man I am Psyched for this season,, Just scored my Tickets to Rams @ Redskins 40 yrd line row 14, Gonna be there for my team! Still trying to lock in on the Eagles Tickets!

Lock N Load!....

Terry

lagaprop is offline Registered User

I always thought Kreider could be used more as a weapon out of the backfield, is a little stiff when the ball is off-target, and Rothlisberger was not great at throwing a catchable ball to the flats, meaning Kreider was usually flat-footed after scooping the ball up, translating to fewer YAC than maybe he could have gotten. Coaches made mistake not giving him ball more in short yardage also, IMO, not fast by any stretch, but i never saw him not go foward after contact. Excellent Post, keep it up and have fun up there!

RamOfDenmark is offline Registered User

Lots of encouraging news.

I'm specifically happy to hear that Kreider is playing and playing well at FB, never really wanted to rely on Leonard to play blocking FB all year long. Our O-line will be better than last year no doubt, if Kreider can tear it up as FB in front of Jackson I'm starting to feel very confident in our ability to run the ball straight down the field, including short yardage situations.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Great reporting Wraith, thanks.

What's up with all these hamstring issues??? Are these guys stretching before and after practice or what?

Sheeesh!