throwback week

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    RamOfDenmark Guest

Re: Can any one give me some reasons

If you don't have the hometown factor going for you, and it says you're from California so I guess you don't - then it's hard to come up with good reasons to stay a fan. I've been questioning my dedication to the Rams lately myself.

I'm not a believer of changing your teams like you change your underwear and jumping on the most pimped-out bandwagon in sight every week and since you've been a fan for 30 years it's safe to say you're not either. But with the kind of owner and management that we have I believe that you can legitimately question whether to switch.

You can always hope to see the team sold and/or under new management so things legitimately change for the better with a real dedication to winning and the ability to make that happen, that's the best reason I can come up with. But on the other hand you could get that today right now by switching to another team.

Which teams would be worth switching to? In my opinion the teams that come to mind as well-lead and dedicated to winning are off the top of my head: Patriots, Eagles, Cowboys, Steelers, Packers, Broncos.

In the end we can't really advise you much, it's up to yourself, for what it's worth personally I'm leaning more and more towards giving up on the Rams.

maineram Guest

Changing teams is like giving up your mother for another one. If I was to quit being a Rams fan I would have to quit being a football fan.

Now a change in Karma for this team would be EXTREMELY helpful. Someone somewhere in the Rams deep dark past, got mixed up with some voodoo witchcraft type of crap and doomed the franchise. We've had our BRIEF moments in the sun but have spent the majority of the past three decades looking up from the bottom of the deep hole we find ourselves in again.

The owner, front office, coaches and players may change, but the HORNS are the Rams. That's what hooked me on the team 25 years ago.

I have loved the Rams longer than half my siblings, my wife, (exwife), children and all my friends. How could I turn my back on them.

Maine -

YodaRam Guest

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ram 4 Life View Post
    I have been a ram fan for 30 years since i was a little kid i have enjoyed all the highs and tons of lows but i just seems these lows hurt more then ever. can any fellow ram fans give me some reasons or hope to stay a ram fan its really hard to stay one any more my wife is a life long dallas cowboy fan and she says i can become one through marriage lol please give me some reasons to stay
    To even consider choosing another team to follow, after 30 years, makes me question the true depth of your devotion to begin with. But to consider hopping on the Cowboys bandwagon..........that's downright SACRILEGE!! You sir, are in need of an exorcism! Now excuse me...........i think my head is going to EXPLODE!!!!!!!

PARamfan is offline Registered User

I too am a fan for 30 years and my thought is we survived the 90's and then came thru with a couple of truly exciting and remarkable years.So why can't it happen again.And even if it doesn't just think of ALL those fans of ALL those other teams that still have yet to win a Super Bowl (IE Eagles,Seahawks,Saints,Chargers,)all teams with recent success and some with some nice long runs but let me tell you this,I know especially with Eagle fans the inability to win the BIG one just once eats at them and if you ask every one of them if they would accept 10 years of losing for a Championship they would all take it without a doubt.
    We reached the top of the mountain once before after abuch of horrible years.Let's ride this one out as well and see where we end up.

PARamfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by makersncoke View Post
    We are the NFLs version of Cubs fans.
    There are fans of the Cubs who have lived their entire lives never seeing the Cubs win a championship.
    I don't think we Rams fans can even be equated with that kind of misery and disappointment.
    I am a Phillies fan when it comes to baseball and they are the losingest franchise in sports but I can say that I remember seeing them win a championship although it was 28 years ago.LOL I'm am showing my age I was 13 at the time and thought they were the greatest team to support.
    but they were horrible for many years before and many after but in those 28 years that passed there are many of the teams that still haven't won a championship so it is special when it finally happens.

atcchris is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ram 4 Life View Post
    I have been a ram fan for 30 years since i was a little kid i have enjoyed all the highs and tons of lows but i just seems these lows hurt more then ever. can any fellow ram fans give me some reasons or hope to stay a ram fan its really hard to stay one any more my wife is a life long dallas cowboy fan and she says i can become one through marriage lol please give me some reasons to stay
    I feel your pain, man... although both my wife and my son are Rams' fans (mostly because of me, I do admit), I'm here in the heart of plowboy country.

The only think I can give ya is the hope that ONE DAY we'll get a football guy back at the reigns, and we'll return to AT LEAST the glory of the 70s, where we were IN IT every year... once we can get there, then we can shoot for another shot at a dynasty.

Anyone can follow a "winner" (although you would be right to point out to your wife that we Rams have been to TWO Super Bowls since the Cowboys last won a playoff game! (that, of course, will only last until the Cowboys go to the Super Bowl again... which is, sadly, looking like this year)

Other than that, I got nothin.

If these things don't chill your blood and make you want to puke, you may be in danger of becoming a Plowboy fan:

Jerry Jones <gag>
    "america's team" <gag>
    The hole in the roof is so God can watch his favorite team <gag>

Doesn't that stuff make you want to puke? It does me. (but I have to admit, Jerry-World is going to be a world-class place to watch a football game... 60-yard wide HD jumbo-tron. Wow)

Quote Originally Posted by renrawtruk View Post
    How 'bout them cowboys!!!

This is a family site. No cussing!

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenWing View Post
    How do these idiots (the non ram fans that keep telling us how badly we suck and we should go to another team) keep getting on this forum?
    Dude.. the Rams FO has been unfaithful to us for years. Don't blame people for considering divorce. Wait until your heart is broken a few more times, and it'll happen to you, too.

PA_gal_in_OK Guest

I'm not a Ram's fan, but I will give you some words of advice. If I were you, I'd rather be a ram's fan than a "steer or queer" fan.

We are the NFLs version of Cubs fans.
    Can't go that far... we've at least got a championship in our pocket.. this century, no less (depending on how you count.. lol)

makersncoke is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by atcchris View Post
    I feel your pain, man... although both my wife and my son are Rams' fans (mostly because of me, I do admit), I'm here in the heart of plowboy country.

The only think I can give ya is the hope that ONE DAY we'll get a football guy back at the reigns, and we'll return to AT LEAST the glory of the 70s, where we were IN IT every year... once we can get there, then we can shoot for another shot at a dynasty.

Anyone can follow a "winner" (although you would be right to point out to your wife that we Rams have been to TWO Super Bowls since the Cowboys last won a playoff game! (that, of course, will only last until the Cowboys go to the Super Bowl again... which is, sadly, looking like this year)

Other than that, I got nothin.

If these things don't chill your blood and make you want to puke, you may be in danger of becoming a Plowboy fan:

Jerry Jones <gag>
    "america's team" <gag>
    The hole in the roof is so God can watch his favorite team <gag>

Doesn't that stuff make you want to puke? It does me. (but I have to admit, Jerry-World is going to be a world-class place to watch a football game... 60-yard wide HD jumbo-tron. Wow)
    All that crap does make me want to puke, but the simple fact is the reason the Cowboys are as succesfull as they are now is Jerry Jones. This guy, who I am not a big fan of , eats, sleeps, and craps the Cowboys. They don't need an inspirational leader on the field, if they aren't playing well he will come down out of his box and hand a player his a**. If Chip grows a sack and decides to fire Line-mess and the Zygy-looser what will he do, have a casting call for a new coach?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by PA_gal_in_OK View Post
    I'm not a Ram's fan, but I will give you some words of advice. If I were you, I'd rather be a ram's fan than a "steer or queer" fan.
    What SHE said.

Just say NO to cowboys!

All that crap does make me want to puke, but the simple fact is the reason the Cowboys are as succesfull as they are now is Jerry Jones. This guy, who I am not a big fan of , eats, sleeps, and craps the Cowboys. They don't need an inspirational leader on the field, if they aren't playing well he will come down out of his box and hand a player his a**. If Chip grows a sack and decides to fire Line-mess and the Zygy-looser what will he do, have a casting call for a new coach?
    Pfft. I can't give Jerry ANY credit, I don't care HOW true it is!

Really, he loves money, but he knows the best way to make it in the NFL is to dedicate himself to the business that is his team... so, you're right.. he does do what you say.

He's just an abrasive TWIT!!! You don't have to be that way to be a good owner...

I think what's mostly true about what you're saying is that, even though he screws up royally (and, despite the cowboys' success, Jerry has had dismal failures... the decline after Switzer's Super Bowl, the Big Tuna Years... etc), he keeps on HAMMERING to make things better. Not everything he tries is the smart or right thing, but at least he does SOMETHING.

Grr. I said something nice about the doofus. I have to go wash my mind out with soap.

AlphaRam Guest

OK, folks, I have to admit that I am getting tired of the "Should I stay a Rams fan" threads. I don't know if you people are seeking attention, or what? Hell, if I was considering such a disloyal action, I wouldn't freaking tell anyone.

It is time for us to freaking get ahold of our collective cajones and weather this storm. Do I mean sit here and take it? No. It is time to start writing and calling Chip, the players, the janitor, anyone in the organization and tell them that what we are seeing in not acceptable. Address letters to:

Janitor
    Russell Athletic Center
    c/o St. Louis Rams
    One Rams Way
    Earth City, MO 63045

(314) 982-7267

BTW, switching to the Cowgirls is probably like switching to that Man-Boy Love Association. I say probably as I have no first-hand knowledge of eiher despicable act.

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaRam View Post
    BTW, switching to the Cowgirls is probably like switching to that Man-Boy Love Association. I say probably as I have no first-hand knowledge of eiher despicable act.
    I think that says it all right there.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast