Guam rammer is offline Registered User

Can Jackson Move The Chains Tomorrow?

Here we go rams nation. many questions to be answered tomorrow.
    SJ has been begging for the rock the last 2 seasons and for many of us, we've only seen flashes of what he can be capable of doing. Martzs' pass happy system is out, linehan in. The promise is there to pound the ball on the ground but Linehan also stated that the blocking up front during preseason was not helping the cause and there was nowhere for jackson to move.
    Is that just another preseason plot to keep the bronco's and the rams nation guessing or can we really move the ball on the ground against this team.
    There is a big difference between breaking one 99 yd td run, vs 10 touches for 199 yards, and after the game the post game stats indicate the rams ran the ball 25 times, for only 99 yards..... that 99 yarder? it was a fluke!!! pounding the ball through the seems continuously for 5, 6, 7, yards and moving the chains is more of an indicator that your ground and pound game is a success.
    I believe we still have an O-line that can make an issue for SJ. under Martz, they were taught to pass block majority of the time. During games, Martz paniced and abandoned the run for fear of falling too far behind.He took the ball away from SJ, then put him in the "doghouse" and his pledge of being balanced never ever materialized.
    We can't only bash martz for our teams unsuccessful try at being balanced though. SJ does have a slight case of fumblitis, fumbluosky, and fumbliah, especially during huge drives. This disease kills good running backs(Ahman Green from GB). It forces a head coach to think twice about putting the ball in a runners hands and the momentum of the opposing team is newly found. So SJ...HOLD ONTO THE BALL PLEASE!!! Denver doesnt need momentum.
    There may be series where the O-line opens holes for SJ to squeeze through and if Denver is still the same team as last year, SJ will have to make most of his own holes.
    Fact is, SJ wants the ball. But against Denver, the whole team has to want him to have it too. This needs to be a team issue and SJ has to win his team and Linehans respect. If we win tomorrow because of our ground and pound, we did it against one of the best run defenses in the league and OOH what a boost of confidence can do for a team in the NFL early in a season.
    History shows that balanced teams are more successful in the the regular season and playoffs. Our teams quest to be balanced needs the respected by the organisation,team and fans. Give SJ the rock!!!....greatest show with feet?
    Goodluck rams

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

Re: Can Jackson Move The Chains Tomorrow?

Quote Originally Posted by Guam rammer View Post
    Can Jackson Move The Chains Tomorrow?
    Does a bear crap in the woods?

Bar-bq is online now Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by RamFan_Til_I_Die View Post
    Does a bear crap in the woods?
    Haha- Moreover, Is the pope a catholic?

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Does a bear crap in the woods ???

Not if he's in the zoo.

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    Does a bear crap in the woods ???

Not if he's in the zoo.
    those aren't bears...they are furry bear shaped robots

Quote Originally Posted by Guam rammer View Post
    greatest show with feet?
    lol I missed that the first time...Jackson has proven he's a decent runner, and now he's gonna get the chance to be a GREAT runner...I finally broke down and bought my first jersey ever (I have lots of Rams stuff...just too much of atight wad to spend $100 on a jersey )...I too now wear the the #39

RAM-BO is offline Registered User

Had a 39 jersey since last season and you know I still don it