Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    bruce4life is offline Registered User

Can the season be turned around even????

I am posing a simple question. I want to know guys do we honestly believe the season is over already in one week or is there still hope? The season is not a race it is a marathon true but we played horrid yesterday.

What is your guys opinions?

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Re: Can the season be turned around even????

That depends.

If turning the season around means going 12-4 and being a Super Bowl contender then, no, I don't think it can or will be turned around.

If turning the season around means hovering around .500 and staying in the NFC West race until December then, yes, I do think it is possible.

Bald_81 is offline Registered User

The simple answer would be to say no, but there are ways to get wins in some games that may seem like a stretch, especially after yesterday's performance. I still don't see this team eclipsing more than 5 wins, but with all the dooming and glooming around here right now that would be a high point.

Frito is offline Registered User

I truely believe that a change at the top needs to happen. I don't believe that these players will fight for Linehan in anyway. Boot Linehan hand it over to Haslett, I've seen him get fired up as a head coach and chew some butt. I think Linehan is incapable of leading.

That I believe is the only way to at least compete this year. If you mean turning it around and making the playoffs. Playoffs? Playoffs? Playoffs! Don't think so. It would be a miracle which I will watch and still hope and pray for but, I know better.

nygiantsfan is offline Registered User

Im comming to St Louis this weekend to see the Giants run through Jackson and company. After watching the eagles game im depressed that this wont be much of a contest. What else is there to do in St Louis this weekend?

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by nygiantsfan View Post
    Im comming to St Louis this weekend to see the Giants run through Jackson and company. After watching the eagles game im depressed that this wont be much of a contest. What else is there to do in St Louis this weekend?
    Jackson doesn't play defense, so the Gnats will have trouble "running through him" It will be interesting though to see how eager Ram defenders are to tackle Brandon Jacobs ..

nygiantsfan is offline Registered User

Run through..around..over... however you want to look at it. Seriously though im staying at "Renaissance St. Louis Grand & Suites Hotel" is that close enough to walk to the stadium and what else is there to do around there.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

If you feel that way, you could just stay home.

In any event, this thread is not about you travel plans, so please stay on topic.

Milan is offline Registered User

No. We definitely can't turn the season around after losing one game in the first week of the regular season.

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

it can be turned around but they must start this weekend,they cannot get into 0-3 or 0-4 hole and then expect the players to play hard for this coaching staff,I expect them to play much better this Sunday but to think they can do it week in week out might be a bit to much.this team isn't very good.

Run through..around..over... however you want to look at it. Seriously though im staying at Suites Hotel" is that close enough to walk to the stadium and what else is there to do around there.
    Looks like you are really close to the Dome and within easy walking distance. There are many little pubs and restaurants in the Lacledes Landing area.

Laclede's landing st louis - Google Search

Quote Originally Posted by bruce4life View Post
    I am posing a simple question. I want to know guys do we honestly believe the season is over already in one week or is there still hope? The season is not a race it is a marathon true but we played horrid yesterday.

What is your guys opinions?
    Things could get better, but I am still reeling from last Sunday. Not knowing for sure the real pulse of this team, one can only hope that last week was an aberration and that we won't just roll over 2 weeks in a row. At this point, winning even 4-6 games looks to be a herculean task .. I just hope the Rams can come out and play with some fire this Sunday and really do their best to compete.

blood85 is offline Registered User

Come on Gnats fan, stay on topic, I know your smarter than that. Follow the topic of the converstation.

eldfan is offline Registered User

Im going to reserve my answer until the giant game is over. It will tell me alot. Right now I don't know.
    :ramlogo:

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

It was just one game. It was time to get up for the first game of the season, and they hit snooze. I'd say everybody ought to be wide awake now. It was scary bad, but it was still just one game. Maybe the offensive linemen don't have enough chemistry to work together effectively because of all the different combinations of players we worked in camp. That would get better with time. Maybe Ricky Manning, Jr. and/or Ron Bartell will step up to solidify the secondary. Maybe Avery will get healthy and give us a vertical threat that will dynamically change what we can do on offense. All those young guys on the defensive line are bound to get better as they continue to learn the pro game. The bottom line is that it was just one game. We lost it. But the next one starts back at 0-0.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast