Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Guam rammer is offline Registered User

Re: Can the season be turned around even????

The good thing about this loss is its the 1st game of the season and we've got a look at things that really need fixing. Then, you have the Seahawks and ****** who both lost yesterday also. We don't look anything like a playoff contention team so turning the season around in terms of being competetive, it could happen.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenfleece View Post
    It was just one game. It was time to get up for the first game of the season, and they hit snooze. I'd say everybody ought to be wide awake now. It was scary bad, but it was still just one game. Maybe the offensive linemen don't have enough chemistry to work together effectively because of all the different combinations of players we worked in camp. That would get better with time. Maybe Ricky Manning, Jr. and/or Ron Bartell will step up to solidify the secondary. Maybe Avery will get healthy and give us a vertical threat that will dynamically change what we can do on offense. All those young guys on the defensive line are bound to get better as they continue to learn the pro game. The bottom line is that it was just one game. We lost it. But the next one starts back at 0-0.
    Very nice post. I agree that if anything, the humiliation of that loss to Philly should be a wake-up call. How the team responds will be very telling as far as attitude, desire, and whether anything can get turned around.

RamOfDenmark is offline Registered User

Honestly I think the season is over. This is the first time ever that I've truly felt the season is over after just 1 game, in fact any other year I would be shaking my head at anyone saying that. I'm just not seeing any improvement to our defense, in fact it looks worse than last year (imagine that if you can) and Linehan has managed to kill what used to be our strength: offense. We're the worst team in the league. A joke.

Prove me wrong against the Giants guys

GreatestShow99 is offline Registered User

It can, but it won't. This team, hell this franchise, is as dead as a door nail, and I don't see them recovering for a long time to come.
    Last edited by GreatestShow99; -09-08-2008 at 09:47 PM.

MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP

N0. Can't, won't. Linny lost the team last year. Go back to Holt yelling at him on the sideline. That man would not do that unless he had lost all hope and I think that sent a huge message to the rest of the team. Once he resigns or gets fired, things could change. But not until then. NO.
    "The disappointment of losing is huge!"

Jack Youngblood

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12