throwback week

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RAMPAGE! Guest

Can Spags salvage Incognito?

Well what is the verdict? We know this kid has probowl ability but is a nut job at the same time. Can Spags lay the "hand of god" on this guy and redirect his un-mentionable career? I think he can for the record

~What say you...

maineram Guest

Re: Can Spags salvage Incognito?

It will be interesting who his "guys" will be from the current roster. A no nonsense guy that may not want to tolerate boneheads that don't/can't stay focused.

Just think of the work to do just on or o-line. Cog's is half cocked as soon as he gets out of bed and needs to be tamed, and Barron on the other end that jumps at the first sight of another teams jersey.

It will be a very interesting offseason !!

Maineram -

NY RAMFAN is offline Registered User

I think he can . . .I'm sure he had something to do with the Giants turnaround in '07.
    Coughlin was fining everybody including the "untouchable" strahan . . . and all of the sudden there was a change in "leadership styles" that made the defense being one of the best . . . I'm sure he had something to do with that.

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RAMPAGE! View Post
    Well what is the verdict? We know this kid has probowl ability but is a nut job at the same time. Can Spags lay the "hand of god" on this guy and redirect his un-mentionable career? I think he can for the record

~What say you...

I don't think Richie has probowl ability. With the right coaching, can he be a solid, dependable guard? Absolutely. But I don't think that he has the ability to be a probowler.

moloch41 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RockinRam View Post
    I don't think Richie has probowl ability. With the right coaching, can he be a solid, dependable guard? Absolutely. But I don't think that he has the ability to be a probowler.

Yeah, I'm not really sure what games people are watching anymore. I think the guy has been a below-average lineman with a tendency to accumulate back-breaking penalties in the worst possible situations. I really don't think the behavior problem is going to be corrected because I think it has something to do with the reason why he has no neck. If he shrinks, then his play with definately decline even more. I'm all for cutting ties.

Tony Banks Guest

I say give him the boot. I hope Spags knocks a candy bar out of his hand on the way out the door.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RAMPAGE! View Post
    We know this kid has probowl ability
    I'm not convinced we know that.

That being said, I have no idea if Spags can turn him around and get him focused. It's going to be easier said than done seeing as how he's been like this since college and hasn't really changed.

Dwight Frye is offline Registered User

I don't think so. I REALLY wanted to like this guy but he's proven himself, TIME AND AGAIN, to be a complete moron. I'm w/ Tony Banks (never thought I'd say THAT!) You gotta go, son.

BIG-BLUE is offline Registered User

If it acts like a duck, walks like a duck & smells like a duck---then it's a duck.
    Cut him.

laramsfan73 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by moloch41 View Post
    Yeah, I'm not really sure what games people are watching anymore. I think the guy has been a below-average lineman with a tendency to accumulate back-breaking penalties in the worst possible situations. I really don't think the behavior problem is going to be corrected because I think it has something to do with the reason why he has no neck. If he shrinks, then his play with definately decline even more. I'm all for cutting ties.
    I agree, and very well said. Given the present state of the Rams, I don't think a no-nonsense type like Spagnuolo is going to have the time nor the desire to take on a "project" like Incognito. I also say cutting ties would be best.

coachalgreer Guest

Before we finish character assessment of O linemen, let's not forget to put the screws to that giant stuffed animal Alex Barron. I can at least give Cognito credit for appearing to give a &#@! about winning. I swear that I show more emotion in front of my TV (gameday) than Barron and Bulger combined.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Like the Wendy's commercial"

Fact: Incognito has potential Fact
    Fact: Incognito also has anger management issues Fact:
    Fact: Incognito needs to play much better then he can start acting like Conrad Dobler Fact:

Fact: I hate that Wendy's commercial Fact:

LOL

PARamfan is offline Registered User

I too believe that Cogs will be one of the first casualties of the new coach wanting to clean house and bring his type of players in.
    That being said I hope everyone is prepared for the long haul and not looking for a playoff appearance next year.
    If by some miracle it happens,GREAT,just don't expect it.
    Give the new coach some time.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Only Incognito can salvage Incognito. What I'm sure Spagnuolo can do is to get rid of a guy that can't or won't put forth the effort and dedication to become a better player.

blood85 Guest

I think he's the best lineman we have, but his mental mistakes are not the best. I think Spags won't put up with his garbage, and while he may not be able to change his attitude, maybe he can get cogs to be more "focused" and not make as many stupid mistakes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast