eldfan is offline Registered User

Can we Be Like Miami?

The Dolphins hire Bill Parcells to be there VP of football operations, they hire a rookie coach in Tony Sparano, they drafted a OT Jake Long, they brought in a very accurate qb in Chad Pennington, they have a power running game Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams and now they are one game closer from worst to first. Wow who would have thought it when they were 1-15.

Now can we do the same? The Rams hire Billy Devaney as VP of football operations, could we hire a rookie coach? could they draft a OT Andre Smith? not long ago Bulger was a very accurate qb. We have a power running game in SJ. And we are in a horrible division. I know I am dreaming but it is the season to dream. Mabe worst to first might not be that far off if we make the right moves.

:ramlogo:

C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

Re: Can we Be Like Miami?

Yeah I dont see why not. We are alot like the phins, and several teams have proven that you can go from worst to first with just a few key offseason moves. One thing we lack is a defensive pass rushing stud they got a few years ago in Joey Porter. Hopefully Little can get healthy and turn it on, or we let Spoon get going on the outside and let a big body man the middle. Yup, the more I think about it, the less far fetched it seems.

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Absolutely. There is no doubt that we can turn this thing around, as quickly as next year ...

As terrible as we've been, we do have alot of solid talent on the team. We are missing a few key pieces, particularly a MLB and SS, but when you look at how the NFL works, there is often little deviation in talent from team to team ...

So many games are played very closely in this league, that it only takes a play or two here and there to alter the outcomes. Sure, we are 2-13, but we have lost 4 games by a touchdown or less. The Buffalo outcome was 31-14, but we were right in that game until the second half blunders. Ultimately, we aren't that far off from 6-10 or 7-9 if we could have just come up with a few plays. I mean, what happens if we win the game against New England? Confidence would have been at an all time high ...

A good draft and some solid offseason moves and we are right there, but it is a fine line, as always ...

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

it started in the front office for the Dolphins and thats where it needs to start for the Rams also,if it does then there is no reason why this team cannot repeat what the Dolphins have done this season.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by jkramsfan View Post
    it started in the front office for the Dolphins and thats where it needs to start for the Rams also,if it does then there is no reason why this team cannot repeat what the Dolphins have done this season.
    Spot on post jk. I actually think the Rams have already taken a big step by getting rid of Zygmunt and hinting that Shaw will only be around in an advisory role to ownership. With Devaney in a leadership position, I think we can make some things happen in 2009.

smizzhfx is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by C-Mob 71 View Post
    One thing we lack is a defensive pass rushing stud they got a few years ago in Joey Porter.
    Lets sign FA Terrell Suggs. Give him a big contract and watch him make plays. Our linebackers are mediocre right now and definitely need an upgrade.

DistantRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by smizzhfx View Post
    Our linebackers are mediocre right now and definitely need an upgrade.
    Excellent point, but it depends on our chosen defensive strategy for next year.

If we're sticking with 4-3, get Laurinaitis. If we are going to switch to 3-4, get Maualuga. Either one would be worthy of our first round selection, ahead of an OT, if Pace has another year in him.