Dr. Defense is offline Registered User

Can we turn things around

I know this board is going to be littered with threads about how linehan is fired (thank god) and how haslett is the new HC, for the time being anyways. Everyone can agree that Haslett being in charge is 100% a good thing. But some people are worried that he won't do well.

Here is my train of thought. It was clear to any and everyone that no one liked working under Linehan. It has also been said that the players under Haslett love him and respect him and that he can fire people up (which is shocking considering what we have seen on defense, but i am willing to go with it).

Do you guys think that with this new HC that the defense at least seems to like, that we can get the team fired up and play with some enthusiasm. With Linehan gone, maybe the players will wake up and actually play for some pride and respect now. Either that or all coaches realizes that change is in the air and that they need to motivate their group of guys to keep their jobs.

Mooselini Guest

Re: Can we turn things around

You think that Haslett can't fire up the defense? I think we did a fairly good job against the hot Bills in the first half.

But like the Rams always were, we would fall short in the second half. Now that Linehan isn't the motivator at half time, you could say that there might be improvement in the second half.

Now, we probably will not see that against the Cowboys...But the later games we can probably see some major improvement.

Action_Jackson is offline Registered User

This season has gone

Time to look forward to 2009

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

he`s a better motivator than linehan,thats for sure...thats the only thing we can judge him against what linehan brought ,as i dont see us making any pre-draft deadline trades..tho maybe fakhir brown will be brought back into the fold,if he`s still a free agent..

im pretty sure we wont go 0-16..tho i was before linny was fired,but with the team in freefall whose to know where it may have ended..

phinnhedd Guest

I doubt Haslett can do any better than Linehan. Haslett did well his first season as HC in New Orleans, then it all went downhill from there. He got fired after leading the Saints to a 3-13 record, just like Linehan did last year.

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by phinnhedd View Post
    I doubt Haslett can do any better than Linehan. Haslett did well his first season as HC in New Orleans, then it all went downhill from there. He got fired after leading the Saints to a 3-13 record, just like Linehan did last year.
    Get your facts straight before you post stuff you know nothing about. Everyone is so quick to point out how horrible a HC Haslett was in New Orleans, where he posted the following records:

2000 10-6
    2001 7-9
    2002 9-7
    2003 8-8
    2004 8-8
    2005 3-13

A good friend of mine is a diehard Saints fan and will tell you how Haslett got the absolute most out of the modest talent he had while he was in New Orleans. The 2005 season was the KATRINA season. There is not a head coach on earth that could have had a successful season during that mess. That season took a major toll on Haslett, emotiionally, and he has openly talked about it. And this is where I get very ticked off when people discuss Haslett's "failure". That coaching job that Haslett did in 2005, might be one of the better coaching jobs ever in some regards, as Haslett was SOMEHOW able to hold that team and locker room together through all the struggles and relocations. It takes quite a man to step forward and take the reigns of a sinking ship, and Haslett did it. I do not know if he was so much fired for the record, or fired just because the man couldn't do it anymore after that beatdown on an emotional level ...

So before you say it went all downhill and compare Haslett to Linehan, realize that it is apples and oranges ....
    Last edited by RamsInfiniti; -09-29-2008 at 11:35 AM.

phinnhedd Guest

if you're happy with 8-8, sobeit, maybe he can get Bulger back to form. After all he did draft the guy back in NO. Of all of his draft picks Bulger, Stallworth, and McAllister are probably the only ones worth noting. Make your excuses for the man if you will, I'm not here to argue, or cause ill will on the boards here.

You guys are the ones that are going to have him for a coach and all I can say is best of luck.

eldfan is offline Registered User

Haslett is a better HC than DC we will get better, but we are not coming close to making the playoff. I think we have to look long term starting next season.
    :ramlogo: